Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,166 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My blu-ray is in freaking Louisville.

Let's see who wins. My strategy is to pick up mine on Tuesday in store.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
More of the adventures of Kylo & Darth:

Are these photoshops? That artist has Bill Watterson down perfectly!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Regardless, A Darth Maul Netflix series would be badass. I think I would rather see a Bobba Fett Netflix series rather than a movie as well. Do either in the same vein as Daredevil, dark and gory.
I think anything Star Wars netflix series would be great... even all new characters, different era, etc.
AMW2010
AG

Ohhhhh Finn!
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Watched some of the featurettes last night on AppleTV. Winner!
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
More of the adventures of Kylo & Darth:

Are these photoshops? That artist has Bill Watterson down perfectly!
Nope, they're by Brian Kesinger, he's a Disney story artist and also drew the recent Groot comic series for Marvel. Guy has skills.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Ohhhhh Finn!
512Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Nope, they're by Brian Kesinger, he's a Disney story artist and also drew the recent Groot comic series for Marvel. Guy has skills.

His feed is full of good stuff. Here's some other fun Star Wars comics

(Apparently I suck at embedding Instagram photos)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
COOL LASER FALCON
He's kind of sickeningly talented. Really great with lots of different styles.

https://instagr.am/p/BB0ATwelxD_
DB Coach
AG
quote:
quote:

I took a chance and ordered mine from Amazon. It is supposed to arrive on the same day that the blu-ray is available in the store. Well, two days ago, I ordered a graphing calculator for my daughter, and with 1-day shipping, it was supposed to arrive by 8pm last night. After being transferred to USPS, it is finally out for delivery today. So, I don't have alot of faith that I will be getting my TFA blu-ray on Tuesday!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Watching the special features right now on the digital version, and Gwendolyn Christie's giggle talking about her meeting Harrion Ford was priceless. Also, Ford talking about the switches in the Falcon LOL.

More Star Wars is required. How much longer until Rogue One? How much longer until VIII?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm seeing an expected delivery of Monday April 4 on the BB site.
AMW2010
AG
I'm just gonna get up early and go to Best Buy on Tuesday and buy the steel book.....I had a item shipped priority 2 day on the 29th, it's the 1st and still haven't gotten it, don't trust the post office. Lucky for me I didn't pay for the priority shipping.
TCTTS
AG
You realize the Blu-ray won't deliver 'til the 5th, right? Retailers have to make sure it shows up in your mailbox on the same day it releases in stores, and not before. Only the downloadable digital version was released today.
Jim01
AG
I'll definitely just pick it up in store. Haven't decided on what version though. I like steelbooks but will probably go with the Target exclusive edition.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll let you know on Monday.
TCTTS
AG
That would be awesome. My order hasn't even shipped yet.
fig96
AG
Back when there were multiple competing sites delivering DVDs, and not just Amazon and Best Buy, I used to routinely get my releases a day early when pre-ordering
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG

scubasteve304
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd like to know that too, also is Clone Wars worth watching?

Get on reddit and find a viewing guide, and just watch the core episodes.
Highly recommend using the viewing guide for Clone Wars. I'm finishing up on that lost missions season on Netflix right now and glad I used the viewing guide to skip what I've heard are pretty meh to abominable jar jar episodes. Anytime I ventured off the episode guide I found the episode to be pretty pointless. Even some of the guide episodes are still quite cartoony.

http://imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY

No season 6?
Yeah, I'm guessing the guide was made before the unfinished season 6 netflix missions were known. As many times as I've seen that guide on imgur I'm surprised that it hasn't been updated. From what I've gathered the first four episodes dealing with Order 66 background and the final four with Yoda are the only essential episodes. Padme's exboyfriend and another Jar Jar story can be skipped.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark's been teasing a huge Ep VIII spoiler/announcement as soon as he hits 1M followers. Looks like it'll be coming very soon. (At the very least, it should be a funny April Fools prank.)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Master troll in progress.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Well remember, he is the Joker.

Edit: ninja'd
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This response:

Dro07
AG
Trolling on April fools... Weird
The Collective
AG
*Unfollow*
Chipotlemonger
AG
April Fools is overplayed.
3rdGen2015
AG
So I got the digital edition of the movie through Amazon. On all of Amazon's video content, they have what they call "X-Ray" which basically just tells you the actors on screen, the music playing, and little bits of trivia. I've been reading through the trivia and came across this:

"Contrary to popular belief, the segment of Rey's Force vision with Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren surrounded by dead bodies does not take place at Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy nor are the bodies Luke's pupils. Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasfilm's story group stated the scene takes place elsewhere and the man stabbed at the beginning of the sequence by Kylo Ren is a 'clan leader'."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very interesting.
3rdGen2015
AG
Other interesting tidbits:

Phasma's armor is made of a melted-down Naboo ship

FN = "Footsoldier Number"

In early versions of the script, Leia was supposed to die instead of Han

"According to the 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary,' the helmet Rey wear belonged to an X-wing pilot named Captain Dosmit Raeh, who flew for the Tierfon Yellow Aces." -- is it possible her real name isn't Rey??
dave94
AG
quote:
So I got the digital edition of the movie through Amazon. On all of Amazon's video content, they have what they call "X-Ray" which basically just tells you the actors on screen, the music playing, and little bits of trivia. I've been reading through the trivia and came across this:

"Contrary to popular belief, the segment of Rey's Force vision with Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren surrounded by dead bodies does not take place at Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy nor are the bodies Luke's pupils. Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasfilm's story group stated the scene takes place elsewhere and the man stabbed at the beginning of the sequence by Kylo Ren is a 'clan leader'."
Is that exclusive to the Amazon streaming?

And if so, who creates that content?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds legit, I read the thing about Phasma's armor in the visual dictionary.
3rdGen2015
AG
That's a good question, I'm not totally sure
First Page Last Page
Page 389 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.