Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,472 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey man. That's some pretty solid work
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've got the tab open, haven't gotten around to reading it, but will post my thoughts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good stuff so far.

quote:
Those were destro$ed 1uickl$ and without merc$. Others had fought bravel$, among them themaster swordsman (lo oon, who had engaged Vader in a battle across hours and nearl$ three s1uaremiles of dense forest on the fourth moon of /#Da$m before succumbing to the "ith )ord#s crimson blade.
As great as the Order 66 scene was, this would've been pretty sick to see.

Not sure what happened with that quote. Seems the clipboard had a seizure in the process of copying/pasting.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
99 days to The Force Awakens ...

Here's a picture of my daughters checking out some of her Daddy's Star Wars things on October 30, 2012, the day Lucas and Disney announced the buyout and the decision to make more movies. She was technically 9 months old at the time, but having been born 5 months premature was more the size of a 4-month old baby.

She is now 3 and can correctly identify Luke, Jar Jar (sigh), Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and Yoda, and knows which "song" is Vader's and which Yoda's on the ROTJ soundtrack.

jeffk
AG
Reading that quote just gave me a nosebleed.
Brian Earl Spilner
The Collective
AG
I think you are way more into this than me, and for that, I salute you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Inside of 100 days until the release of the next installment of a movie I saw when I was 3 and now have daughters who are 3? Yeah dude, I've only been scratching the surface of what I know and geek on until now.
SeattleAgJr
Comic, Journey to Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Shattered Empire 01, out today.
The Collective
AG
My 3 year old told me the other night, "Daddy, I'm tired of Star Wars". I think I died a little bit on the inside. I was confused. Do I send him to timeout? Does this warrant a spanking? I just sat silent and let the words echo in my head over and over. It's how I imagine that I would react if he said, "Dad, I'm going to UT next fall".

30 minutes later he said, "Let's watch Rebels". Phew!
SeattleAgJr
Everything We Know About Star Wars' Post-Return of the Jedi Future

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

Pretty good write up based on current books/comics
Spoilers of course if you are not reading current releases.
AliasMan02
AG
Do you think there's a chance that Lucas sold because he thought Star Wars had sorta run its course?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Bonus fun factThe Force Awakens' Poe Dameron was likely conceived during the celebrations at the end of Return of the Jedi! His parents, Shara Bey and Kes Dameron, both fought in the ground and space battle at Endor and are protagonists in Shattered Empire.

Heh, cool. Thanks for posting that, great read.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Comic, Journey to Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Shattered Empire 01, out today.

Best writing in any of the new Star Wars comics so far.
Ag Since 83
AG
Agreed. Really cool story with links to the original and new trilogies. Plus the artwork was fantastic. The space battle over Endor is probably my favorite Star Wars action sequence, so it was cool to see that on the page.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
we asked my 4 year old last night what he wants for his birthday in a month. he said "since I already have a lightsaber, can I have a darth Vader Mask and costume. " This morning when coming in our bedroom he stated, " Can I have an actual light saber, and an actual Darth Vader Mask, and an actual suit. Then I can become Darth Vader." Funny thing is, his favorite scene that he asks for is when Luke takes off Darth Vader's mask.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't realize the battle for Jakku was just a year after ROTJ. Sounds like it was an epic battle.

It would be cool to get a short glimpse of the battle in the new movie, maybe the Star Destroyer crashing into the surface.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's so cool that a third generation is about to become a Star Wars generation. Kids in the OT era, kids in the PT (to a lesser extent), and kids now.

It's the circle of life.

This is why I have no doubt this can be the biggest movie of all time, if the movie is good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Knife_Party
quote:
I didn't realize the battle for Jakku was just a year after ROTJ. Sounds like it was an epic battle.

It would be cool to get a short glimpse of the battle in the new movie, maybe the Star Destroyer crashing into the surface.

I'm fairly certain the flashback scene is going to be around the battle time frame. I have no reason to believe this.
Ulrich
Given the tiniest excuse to show a Star Destroyer crashing into a planet, you have to go for it. Has to be in the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly. Seems like a waste to write about such an epic battle and then show nothing but the aftermath. I bet the flashback TCTTS has promised involves this battle.

Well, and there's the game, but again, you can't have that battle take place just in the videogame.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And I just realized the Tantive IV is there. Nice.
Ulrich
The Tantive IV was destroyed during/shortly after ANH, or at least that's what the old canon said. Doesn't make sense that the Empire would have let it go after capture. Corellian Corvettes were a relatively common ship.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well hell. That's like there being another Falcon.
Ulrich
There were plenty of YT-1300s (at least, there were 20-30 years prior to ANH), but only one Millennium Falcon.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
There were plenty of YT-1300s (at least, there were 20-30 years prior to ANH), but only one Millennium Falcon.

In one of the Zahn books didn't someone dredge up a YT-1300 to pose as the MF?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is devastating.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there was more than one Death Star!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In Dark Force Rising, the Empire trumps up a fake Falcon as the Noghri attempt to kidnap a pregnant Princess Leia in order to deliver her unborn twins to the insane Jedi Master Joruus C'Baoth. It's Han who actuall notices it first (he's on the ground, pinned down in a battle) because 'Chewie' doesn't fire the dorsal guns to give them cover to get up the ramp. Leia then uses the Force and can't find his presence onboard.

To get away, they run towards the hatch as if they're going up it, but Han changes direction and uses Leia's lightsaber to trigger the escape pods or something to that effect, temporarily disrupting the ship so they can get away.

That'll be my contribution for Day 98
Knife_Party
Agreed about Jakku. I'm thinking the scene with Luke placing his hand on R2 in the second trailer is probably from the flashback just after Jakku is over. The background looks desertish and on fire.
jr15aggie
AG
I believe one of the rumors from like last year (as far as I know this is not a confirmed spoiler) was how there would be a flashback scene and Luke was in a battle (assuming Jakku). Luke was a complete badass and was so powerful in helping destroy the empire in the battle that he scared himself and thus went into hiding and abandoned the rebellion / new republic all together.

I'm of the opinion we won't get any flashback type scene... at least not on the scale of a full battle. Mostly because Disney could make an entire Trilogy about the post Jedi wars & fall of the empire. That Battlefront pic alone shows how awesome that would be!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:

In one of the Zahn books didn't someone dredge up a YT-1300 to pose as the MF?
One of the x wing series, I think. May have been wraith squadron instead of rogue, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Agreed about Jakku. I'm thinking the scene with Luke placing his hand on R2 in the second trailer is probably from the flashback just after Jakku is over. The background looks desertish and on fire.
Yeah, that's a good point. Seems like it's similar to the end of ROTJ, like it could be a quiet moment of reflection/satisfaction at the Empire having finally been brought down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I believe one of the rumors from like last year (as far as I know this is not a confirmed spoiler) was how there would be a flashback scene and Luke was in a battle (assuming Jakku). Luke was a complete badass and was so powerful in helping destroy the empire in the battle that he scared himself and thus went into hiding and abandoned the rebellion / new republic all together.

I'm of the opinion we won't get any flashback type scene... at least not on the scale of a full battle. Mostly because Disney could make an entire Trilogy about the post Jedi wars & fall of the empire. That Battlefront pic alone shows how awesome that would be!
It would be pretty sick to see quick glimpses of Luke during the battle. A small figure in black in the distance, bringing down ships with the force while blocking blasts with his saber in the other hand.
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.