Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,592 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UK release date was moved up a day.

Surely that means the same will happen here, right? Right?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
UK release date was moved up a day.

Surely that means the same will happen here, right? Right?
Looks like I'll be turning off the internet for a couple days then. I'm all about good old trailer analysis and speculation... I even enjoyed the early spoilers from a year ago, some of which were laughably bad in the 'not gonna happen' category... but I want nothing to do with real plot info before I see this flick!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll probably start a total media blackout starting on the 16th.

Well, everything other than Texags that is.
Al Bula
AG
Does this bridging trilogy reuse ANY of the expanded universe? I know Disney basically said EU is irrelevant... Isn't the planet name Coruscant EU that was deemed good enough to become canon? Wondering about examples like that.

I was enamored with the Zahn books and a few of the subsequent EU trilogies but have forgotten most of that stuff.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I just want one more trailer... which YOU promised us last week!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I just want one more trailer... which YOU promised us last week!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Soon.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:

ESPN is owned by Disney. What happens if A&M makes the playoffs? Still going to do a media blackout?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I'll rephrase. I'm avoiding all social media, not tv.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Well, I'll rephrase. I'm avoiding all social media, not tv.
I've been avoiding social media for 5 years, it's fantastic.
BMX Bandit
quote:
ESPN is owned by Disney. What happens if A&M makes the playoffs? Still going to do a media blackout?

Why are you avoiding TV in January?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Does this bridging trilogy reuse ANY of the expanded universe? I know Disney basically said EU is irrelevant... Isn't the planet name Coruscant EU that was deemed good enough to become canon? Wondering about examples like that.

I was enamored with the Zahn books and a few of the subsequent EU trilogies but have forgotten most of that stuff.

Taris is mentioned in Tarkin and has an interesting part to play in one of Aftermath's interludes. Unclear if it's a destroyed world or not.
Malachi Constant
AG

LOL Taris.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:

Why are you avoiding TV in January?

ESPN would obviously be discussing it in December.
Ag Since 83
AG
That Amazon review: is awesome.

Tonight: I hope to finish the book. Or maybe: tomorrow.
TCTTS
AG

Malachi Constant
JABQ04
AG
December can not come soon enough.
jabberwalkie09
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
It would probably sound like the Ender's books that Card read.

If you havent had the misfortune of hearing one of these, I am pretty sure they had him record each word used in the book individually and then had an itern splice them together.
Dear God... haha...

If you want to listen to some BADASS audio book narrating, I suggest:

1. The entire Bernard Cornwell's "Saxon Stories" about Uhtred the Saxon turned Viking turned back to Saxon hero... badass series (7 books already published and narrated). I don't know the audiobook narrator's names, but there are 2-3 different ones throughout the series, but they all are pretty awesome radio-voice British. And the books themselves are dynamic - freaking awesome series.

2. The Bernard Cornwell "Excalibur / Arthur Series" about Derfel the young warrior who becomes one of Warlord Arthur's (he never becomes King in this telling, and Lancelot is a punk-ass *****, craven like Joeffrey from ASOIAF) main dudes. It's got Merlin the Druid and implies there is magic (through events unfolding in an unlikely / foretold / coincidental manner) without ever explicitly saying there is magic or "the Gods" actually influence things - it's all just superstition that is proven through events unfolding as they would. Great read / listen (I am on book 2 right now)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:

Can we go ahead and officially dub this a "QUASI NON-SPOILERS THREAD" starting December 15th or so? So that if you've seen the movie prior to the US release date don't post spoilers, but as soone as H-hour = 0 we can open it up to spoilers and discussion?
TCTTS
AG
For most blockbusters, what we usually do is designate the current thread that's been around for months as kind of a general reaction thread, and then we create a new thread for spoiler discussion. So, sometime in the week or so before TFA releases, we'll start a new thread strictly for spoiler discussion/reaction.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Gracias!

I am getting hyped for this... my Star Wars fandom has waned since the new trilogy and after reading "The Legacy of the Force"

I have not read any new Star Wars literature since about 2011-2012... but this has really re-invigorated me. I hope it meets expectations / hype.
AliasMan02
AG
I finished the Princess Leia comic mini-series last night. Given the limitations of the medium, which requires a very tight and narrow story since it's only 5 issues, I really enjoyed it. The art was great. It's not going to rock the Star Wars galaxy or anything, but getting to see Leia lead the remnant of her people is a very nice theme. Disney is making a clear effort to create strong female characters as they expand the universe, and Leia's pilot, Evaan, is a good example of that.

Starting on the Lando series tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, let's have a spoiler/review thread for the movie once it releases. We can have this thread for general SW discussion and speculation.

This'll be Rogue One central by about February.
TCTTS
AG
Good call.
dave94
AG
dave94
AG
TexAgs isn't letting me edit my previous post. I fail at internetting.

100 days
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Going to make it my goal to post something cool and Star Wars for each of the next 100 days.

Here's my 2nd fan fic, written in 2002, after AOTC had come out, but before anything ROTS had dropped. It ties together Anakin's recovery from his injuries on Geonosis with his actions immediately after killing Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/279627729/Blade
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Going to make it my goal to post something cool and Star Wars for each of the next 100 days.

Here's my 2nd fan fic, written in 2002, after AOTC had come out, but before anything ROTS had dropped. It ties together Anakin's recovery from his injuries on Geonosis with his actions immediately after killing Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/279627729/Blade

I thought you said cool
dave94
Saxsoon
AG
I keed I keed
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yeah bro, not exactly hurting my feelings for something I wrote 13 years ago. take it or leave it, doesn't matter to me!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.