******SUPER DUPER OFFICIAL SONS OF ANARCHY SEASON 3*****

10,322 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by UnderoosAg
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I gotta admit I didn't see the priest thing coming at the end....wow.

+1

So is Tara a goner next episode?
UnderoosAg
AG
I about spit up when Gemma went all biblical about getting the info. Hell hath no fury... I took it more as we've been over here for what seems like forever and we're gonna get the damn kid back before Breaking Bad starts again so help me God.

quote:
So is Tara a goner next episode?

Are there Writer's Guild limitations on how many times you can have a character tied up in a basement/attic before you have to just kill them off? Seriously, how the hell do you not just shoot Salazar when he's freaking out over the bathtub. "If he reneges, shoot him." No, just plain shoot him. Remember that whole Guatemalan chick thing?

ORAggieFan
Not killing Salazar is one of the lamest parts ever on this show. If they needed Tara still there to advance the plot there are other ways to do it.

But, I did like the episode. I like Jax's internal struggle and I think the letters from Maureen will keep that going. I also like the potential for next season with the business back in Charming and the larger gun business.
MGS
I just hope they don't spend all next season chasing Jimmy O all over Northern California.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I took almost a month off from the show (strangely the 90 minute episode acted as deterrent because I didn't want to sit down and watch TV for that long). I finally watched the first two Ireland episodes.

A couple of questions.

1. Can someone remind me how the triangle between Chibbs/Fiona/Jimmy works? And what happened in (season 1?) that caused this whole thing to go down?

2. The Belfast kid that Chibbs seemed fond of and was killed in the explosion, was that his son?

I'm really excited about the next two episodes and glad I get to watch them quickly over the next day or two.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Watched last week's episode tonight. Another question, I've wondered why Jack McGee had a first 9 patch on his cut, but figured it was because he was first 9 of the Belfast chapter. But it looks like he was a founding member of SAMCRO.

What is an Irishman doing joining a rural Northern California biker gang in the 60s?
UnderoosAg
AG
what's a rural North California biker doing running guns with an Irishman?
redassAG07
Next episode is titled "June Wedding"...Hmmm....

Loved that Jax finally got his kid back. Sucks that the new parents had to be killed.

Will Jimmy really kill the Priest? I'm still on the fence if I like the Priest or not.

I laughed pretty hard when Uncer walked in on Stahl and her gf kissing.
Gameday Bill
AG
So is tonight's show the finale or is that next week?
BigDawg87
AG
Next week is the 90 minute finale
texican08
AG
That was a badass episode, tied up a lot of loose ends.
ORAggieFan
Hopefully the writing for season 4 gets back to what it was prior to this season.

I think killing Stahl off would be a huge help towards that.
singer10
AG
quote:
Hopefully the writing for season 4 gets back to what it was prior to this season.

I think killing Stahl off would be a huge help towards that.

I would like that too, but the lady that plays Stahl is married to the President of FX so I doubt that she gets the ax from the show.
ORAggieFan
I liked Stahl last season. I just don't like the way they're using her this year. Kind of feel that way about Tara as well, although I love Maggie Siff.

The Stahl story line is just so unbelievable. The other ATF agent never had a reason to be in the house. Stahl keeps being the only witness to shootings and no one thinks anything of it?
mckinneyttu97
Just watch last weeks episode. Gonna be a long break until next season I can't believe she killed her G/F agent. She is in way too deep. So the fight/beef with the new guy and TIG is a DOG? Was that mentioned before? SO and I can't remember that being mentioned before?

ChipFTAC01
AG
I thought the dog thing with Tig and Kozick was kind of a funny twist. All of this build up for nothing. Maybe there's something more to it, but I think it was almost a joke on the writers' parts.
texican08
AG
I got the dog thing, but what exactly happened? Kozik took the dog from Tig? Kozik let the dog out of the house and she got hit? Did they ever allude to what happened?
Thunder18
AG
haha the dog is kinda funny. i can see tig being a guy that would absolutely be a ****** about something like that
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
I would like that too, but the lady that plays Stahl is married to the President of FX so I doubt that she gets the ax from the show.
Stive
AG
FU***** AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I may just be extra pumped right now, but that's possibly one of my top 5 favorite episodes of ANY television series.

Not sure what to attribute it to, but my heart was racing throughout the exchange with the Russians. I don't consider myself gullible (I'm pretty good at calling stuff before it happens) but this had me fooled from the exchange until the end of the show.

And I'll retract my statement from earlier in the season when I called Chibs getting killed. I was wrong....and glad of it. That part was BADASS!!! And I've loved Opie's character since season one, episode one...but after those final scenes I think it's officially a man crush.

aTmLoKi
AG
I loved this season, and thought that was a great exclamation point on some amazing television. SoA is easily one of the best shows on tv!!
Dro07
AG
damn we have to wait 10 damn months now!! I hate this crap!

[This message has been edited by A&M Iceman (edited 12/1/2010 12:10a).]
Thunder18
AG
THAT was a badass season finale... never saw that coming at all. epic writing
UnderoosAg
AG
Russian dude's cell phone ringing = the bell on the diner's door ringing in The Sopranos' finale. Oh shnit moment after oh shnit moment.
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
1. Can someone remind me how the triangle between Chibbs/Fiona/Jimmy works? And what happened in (season 1?) that caused this whole thing to go down?

2. The Belfast kid that Chibbs seemed fond of and was killed in the explosion, was that his son?

1. Chibs is a scotsman, who was in the "True IRA" under O'Phelan. Some mystery event happens and Chibs is kicked out and O'Phelan scars his face with a "Glasgow smile" and takes his family. Chibs makes his way to America and finds his way into SAMCRO.

2. Family or friend's son, but not Chib's son. No way O'Phalen lets a son of Chibs stay in Ireland earning as muscle. If a son existed he would be under lock and key with the mother/daughter.

I get the SAMCRO acyronym, but did they ever say what the BEL is for the Irish chapter. Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Band? Brotherhood? Emerald isLe? They are northern Ireland but Belfast doesnt fit and "European League" sounds too impersonal. It cant simply be Sons of Anarchy Motorcyclist of BELfast?

[This message has been edited by BillOnCapitolHill (edited 12/1/2010 4:15a).]
Doug Christie
i thought it was Belfast, but have no evidence one way or the other.
ORAggieFan
The Irish kid was Chibs' nephew.

From Sepinwall's blog:
quote:
Even if Clay is calling the shots from inside prison, it'll be up to Piney, Opie and Chibs to actually run things on the outside;
What makes him think Opie and Chibs would not end up in prison, would the law just forget their original arrest?

Sick episode, great end to mediocre (by SoA standards) season. Loved that they killed Stahl.
Stive
AG
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but there were a few of the Sons that weren't on the video during the crime. I thought Opie was one of them. Doubt Piney was there. Hard to believe Chibs wasn't there but he may not have been. Obviously the blonde guy that Tig has the beef with wouldn't have been there.

I'll miss Stahl (glad they took her out the way they did though). Interesting to see how the Mayor candidate becomes their next big enemy. And obviously they've pissed off the Russians. It seems like they killed off/made peace with most of their enemies this year. White supremicists gone...IRA gone/allied with...Mayans on their side...Stahl dead.

Was their any significance to Unser leaving his service pistol at the station while he took (what I assume was) his personal revolver with him on the take down? Or was he just saying I quit?
texican08
AG
I took it as he wasn't working on the side of the law that day. And...he quit.
ORAggieFan
From Sepinwall on my question:
quote:
#
Midnight_run_mca255950_talkback_profile
sepinwall They weren't a part of the original arrest. Chibs was in the hospital at the time after the car-bombing, and Opie missed it for reasons that escape me now. (Did he crash his bike, maybe?) Whatever the reason, during the prison episode, Opie was the only member who was free and functional, and he had to run around and set up various deals the Sons were trying to make with the One-Niners for protection.

Wonder what the rules on voting, specifically on membership, are with them in jail.
BillOnCapitolHill
Stive: he left his badge and his issued firearm. Anyone notice his badge had a black band around it? I dont know the significance of that.

OR: They do count votes by proxy when people arent present at meetings.

So let me get this straight: with Opie ripping up the agreement to hand over the IRA, they are doing 15 years instead of three, but they are making bank with Irish guns which they supply to the Russians? (Jimmy O's old function) And their entire leadership is behind bars.
ORAggieFan
quote:
So let me get this straight: with Opie ripping up the agreement to hand over the IRA, they are doing 15 years instead of three, but they are making bank with Irish guns which they supply to the Russians? (Jimmy O's old function) And their entire leadership is behind bars.

No. There were 2 agreements. Their lawyer got the one with the reduced time, signed by Stahl. Stahl kept the one about the IRA members with Jax's testimony, that was the only one ripped up.

I know they vote by proxy when they can't make a meeting, but am wondering if prison is different, I don't think they bother getting Otto's vote.
ChipFTAC01
AG
The black band on Unser's badge is in memoriaum for Deputy Hale. The whole department has had them all season. Lots of times you see cops doing it when one of their fellow officers is killed (or ballplayers putting someone's initials on their uni).

What a great episode.

Going back to last week's episode when they meeting and talking about needing the extra meat and needing Kyle to become a member, I think this is what they were talking about.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Did some actions of Stahl's lead to Donna's death?

Opie's final quote was something like, "This is how she felt." I didn't understand it. And when did Opie show mercy before?

And Opie should always wear his hat. He look like much more of a badass with the big puffy stocking cap, than just his long sh**** hair.
The Drizzle
quote:
Did some actions of Stahl's lead to Donna's death?

Yes. Unbeknownst to Opie, Stahl had planted taps in his car and phone. SAMCRO found the taps, and assumed Opie had turned into a rat, which is why they decided to take him out.

Tig didn't know Opie had switched cars with his wife when he shot through the rear window of his truck.

[This message has been edited by The Drizzle (edited 12/1/2010 1:46p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.