Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

224,762 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aeon-ag
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are you normalizing valuing people
Tanya 93
42 said:

I had those, way before I got my bike.
Tease
EFE
AG
Anchorhold said:

This whole thread feels about as healthy as eating South Dakota shellfish. I hope y'all have a reason to smile soon.

Dibs on this band name
AggieArchitect04
AG
maroon barchetta
I saw this today and thought "the father of the bride looks to be the same age as the groom!!!"

Then I remembered this thread. Seems to fit in here somewhere.

Cute video.

Petrino1
Camo said:

As a single male in my early 30s I can attest there are TWO types of women in their 30s on dating apps, ONLY TWO

Woman 1: BSC and feels she has to get married/have kids because of some mental stigma she feels or judgement from her peers. Absolutely nuts

Woman 2: The most badass, fun loving type of woman. A woman who has actually matured and does not worry about outside perspective and has their **** together. One who understands; is what is, this is life, let's have fun. This woman exists more often than men our age realize

From these two you can branch out to get more detailed but these are the two. Every girl i know or have gone on dates with via online dating have all told me how 'hard' it is because literally every guy swipes right on them because most guys are desperate and hope for a match, shotgun approach. In reality, the woman has all the power, feel lucky if you get a date.

Regardless, it's exhausting but OH BOY have I had mucho fun meeting some of these women. FWB sometimes and some turned into friends I see every now and then. Ghosting sure it happens
I think youre forgetting a few other types, like the strong independent feminist woman who says she doesnt need a man, but secretly just wants a boyfriend lol. The overly careerist woman who is obsessed with her job and thats all she talks about. The traveler who took a year off to travel around the world, and every conversation topic she somehow brings up her trip to Nepal and how life changing it was. The "bro-ey" girl who pretends to like sports and drink beer because she wants to appear super chill and thinks thats what guys like. And of course the woman who just got out of a toxic/abusive relationship and has a huge wall up, and is afraid of getting hurt again.
chiken
AG
I dont need a partner, but would definitely enjoy one to share life experiences. I dont think humans were meant to be solitary creatures.

I do think both men and women stop caring as much about superficial things as they age, since they realize looks are already fading but the mind is not. If there isnt anything behind the pretty face or wallet (eye roll) then its not worth the time.
swimmerbabe11
chiken
AG
Also, a 47 year old man just matched with me and in the first 5 minutes of talking he asked how much money I made.
swimmerbabe11
What exactly did he say?
That's so forward. I would just google the job title and pay scale and make guesses from there.
chiken
AG
Well first he asked where I work, so my plain response to that is "I'm a contract killer for the CIA" because I'm not going to randomly tell people where I work. Duh.

Then he asked "what is your GS level" which is asking what pay status i'm on. I ignored the first question and tried changing the subject. He answered my next question and then asked again my GS level.

I just unmatched than answer.
Coog97
I started dating my amazing wife when I was 38… first engagement / marriage and well worth waiting for. She's a few years younger, so I have someone to take care of me when I'm an invalid.
B-1 83
AG
chiken said:

Also, a 47 year old man just matched with me and in the first 5 minutes of talking he asked how much money I made.
Holy &$#@! That's a sooooooooooooth operator right there. Straight and to the point.

This thread has been an eye opener.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
swimmerbabe11
yeah... asing what you do for a living is pretty normal, but not where you do it.

likely the g5 level was to try to do a gotcha you don't work for the military type bs and impress you with his knowledge of things no one actually really cares if you know.
Not a Bot
AG
Coog97 said:

I started dating my amazing wife when I was 38… first engagement / marriage and well worth waiting for. She's a few years younger, so I have someone to take care of me when I'm an invalid.

How did you meet her, and do you have any advice?
GunRangeGal
AG
I'm so glad I met my husband while I was making more money than him. Seems like a lot of y'all think women only marry for money. Not me… I married for looks.
Sea Speed
AG
Obviously not all,, but its a stereotype for a reason. And it isn't the money, its the perceived security that money brings.
BenFiasco14
AG
chiken said:

Well first he asked where I work, so my plain response to that is "I'm a contract killer for the CIA" because I'm not going to randomly tell people where I work. Duh.

Then he asked "what is your GS level" which is asking what pay status i'm on. I ignored the first question and tried changing the subject. He answered my next question and then asked again my GS level.

I just unmatched than answer.

Sounds like to me he was making a joke.

"I'm a contract killer for the CIA"

"Oh cool, what kind of pay scale do you get for that?"

Your response SHOULD have been, "if I told you, I'd have to kill you"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Coog97
Captain Positivity said:

Coog97 said:

How did you meet her, and do you have any advice?

Mutual friends… and no, because I still don't understand why she puts up with me, almost 11 years later.
chiken
AG
Naw. I can tell a joke when I see one. And he typed like a 12 year old.

"R U really a CIA wrker?"
"Im GS 11. Wbu"
maroon barchetta
chiken said:

"Im GS 11. Wbu"

Somebody types "R U _______" to me I'm out. Can't stand text speak like that.
chiken
AG
It bugs me too, but I'm not going to write someone off for something as trivial as that.
BenFiasco14
AG
chiken said:

"Im GS 11. Wbu"

That must be an olds thing then. I haven't been on dating apps in a few years, but I was for a lot of my 20s and not once came across someone who typed like that
chiken
AG
Also, just found this gem

maroon barchetta
Doesn't sound very Christian.
BenFiasco14
AG
He's 5'9 so should've been an automatic no anyway
chiken
AG
I'm only 5'6. 5'9 is plenty tall for me. I would date someone shorter than myself as well. Height is nice but not a necessary.

Edited to add: he was cute too! And WHITE! Such a pity he's the sht he's trying to avoid.
AggieArchitect04
AG
So he wants a woman that is only partially full of *****
LupinusTexensis
There are quite a few men out there that do not love when a woman makes more than them, and generally the more successful they are, the more it bothers them.
AliasMan02
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

He's 5'9 so should've been an automatic no anyway

If he says he's 5' 9" he's 5' 8" at most
swimmerbabe11
if the listed height is under 5'8" it is accurate

f he says 5'8" in the bio, he's 5'6" or 5'7"

If he says he's 6', he's 5'10 or 5'11"

over that and it's honest.

just like a baseball roster
tandy miller
AG
I'm 5'4"
FJB
Sea Speed
AG
Good thing I am 6'2''. Being as ugly as I am I can't imagine how hard dating life would have been for me if I was a short *******.
chiken
AG
How can you say that after what I said? Not everyone is that superficial!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.