Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

203,117 Views | 1572 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It sucks.
Why does it have to suck?
EFE
AG
Are you ugly and or poor? This sounds like something a poor uggo would say.
AggieArchitect04
AG
I'm perfect.
Everyone else is the problem.
Because prostitution isn't legal in most states.
utah, get me two
What does that have to do with anything
DannyDuberstein
AG
Because anyone worth a **** already got married and stayed married. Over 35 singles are basically the damaged goods bin.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
It involves women.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Because if your date is getting paid, they work a little harder to please the customer.

I mean, who wants a bad Yelp review?
Green2Maroon
AG
You have to get out there and get to know people. Definitely a grind but I think it's totally worth it.
FIDO*98*
AG
Is the OP a dude or a girl? Most of my single friends over 35 are getting the poontachet way more than I am. From the pictures they send me it doesn't appear to suck too bad
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG

I can set you up with my 38 year old SIL. She's legitimately hot. Not just in the forbidden fruit type of way.

EDiT: meant to quote OP.
80s Guy
42 said:

Because if your date is getting paid, they work a little harder to please the customer.

I mean, who wants a bad Yelp review?

He ain't wrong
tandy miller
AG
NOT dating means a lotta beating for Tandy
FJB
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Man, if I was single, I would be out there slaying the poon every damn night. /every married guy to his single friend
chiken
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Because anyone worth a **** already got married and stayed married. Over 35 singles are basically the damaged goods bin.

chiken
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

It sucks.

You wanna date me? I put out and Im funny.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Question for the single over 35 and never married ones…. Was there a dude/chick that you should have married and didn't? I find it hard to believe in the 17 years of adult dating people never cross paths with someone of the opposite sex that they are compatible with.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I'm not ugly or damaged. I am picky. At this stage of life, I'm not willing to settle.
Green2Maroon
AG
I would rank myself in the top 20% for my age and gender, based on what I have to offer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

I'm not ugly or damaged. I am picky. At this stage of life, I'm not willing to settle.

Hello denial.
B-1 83
AG
It was a piece of cake at 50. Women had already figured out that the HS quarterback was going to $#@& everything on 2 legs, and maybe the the short guy with a good career, dry wit, ranchito, and ginormous peen was the way to go.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
DannyDuberstein
AG
You work for the govt, right? So who was this big peened guy you are referring to?
BenFiasco14
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Man, if I was single, I would be out there slaying the poon every damn night. /every married guy to his single friend

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
utah, get me two
No bull**** I almost pulled this off in college, at the very least I got a nice video of the two of them
Ags4DaWin
Ag_N_Houston said:

Because 55 and alone is better than the alternative.

LOL.

At this stage in life prince charming already got caught and is getting BJ's all the time by his hot grateful wife.

If you met prince charming he would run away screaming.

Gonna leave this here for all the guys and girls.

DannyDuberstein
AG
utah, get me two said:

No bull**** I almost pulled this off in college, at the very least I got a nice video of the two of them

Geralt of Rivia
S
Ag_N_Houston said:

Oh, ok. Got it
DannyDuberstein
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Ag_N_Houston said:

Oh, ok. Got it

I mean, some folks decided they weren't willing to settle. Just don't think the right one(s) have been identified
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I'm divorced. If I don't get married again, I'm okay with it. It is better than the alternative of settling just to get married again.
SockDePot
AggieArchitect04 said:

It sucks.

Architects are usually under paid and pompous.

HTH
AliasMan02
AG
42 said:

Because prostitution isn't legal in most states.

This is one of the alternate realities I'd like to glimpse. How would completely legitimate, safe, regulated sex work change things in a place like the US? It would absolutely change the dynamic of dating in your 40s I think.

Would other addictions be better or worse? Would mental health improve overall? Would it be better or worse for things like domestic abuse?
EFE
AG
I know a guy that has a quarterly trip to Vegas to clear his head. Nice guy, older, completely socially capable, well off. Doesn't want the drama of a full time night woman, would rather rent one that he can pick out trim package on and return to the dealership when he's done.
MGS
utah, get me two said:

Username checks out.
maroon barchetta
My wife and I have a couple of friends in this dating age range. They are struggling with it. My daughter has some friends and co-workers in their 30's that also have complaints about it.

The guys complain that the women never look remotely close to their online dating site pics.

The women complain that the guys are mostly older divorced creepers who just want a hookup.

I told them both that if something were to happen to my wife or our marriage and I became single again, that would be it for me. Thinking about entering the dating pool again is a freaking nightmare.

Plus I would be trading time for stuff I want to do in order to impress strangers from Tinder or Bumble or Coffee & Bagel or whatever is the app of the month.
utah, get me two
see most guys use the shotgun approach, shoot and hope you hit something

i use the sniper approach, find a match and start doing research on a similar topic you like and then slide in the DM's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.