***** 2023 NASCAR Cup Series *****

29,083 Views | 522 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TRM
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Next Gen car sucks on short tracks but it made the always boring 1.5 tracks (except Texas) entertaining.
AstroAggie15
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

I know the NASCAR purists have been clamoring to get North Wilkesboro back but races like that aren't it.

I'm sure the car has something to do with it since the Truck race was a good one.

The car has everything to do with it
Gap
AG
Kyle Larson's wife, Katelyn, after the All Star race win.

Bunk Moreland
Yeah. Shotgunning beers after wins is her thing. And I'm fine with that.
jbeaman88
AG
That was probably one of Mikey Waltrip's beers. He asked her on the pre-race grid walk if she would shotgun a beer if Kyle won the thing and she said "If it's one of yours". So a fan called Larson over and gave him that beer, probably having heard about the Grid Walk interview.
scd88
AG
Alright, longest race of the season is about to start a day late. Should be fun.
Bunk Moreland
Denny & Chase drama. Denny calling for Chase to be suspended next week.
TRM
AG
Denny's always been a whiny b*tch.
aggiephoenix02
Yup!
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Another good race this year at Charlotte.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Good weekend for Team Penske

Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 victories.
scd88
AG
Good for Blaney. Really like this dude.
spadilly
S
As much as I dislike Denny, he has a point with the SMT data he shows here:

Pahdz
Ball don't lie
TRM
AG
Nothing is going to happen especially since Elliott can point to getting hit in the back.
TRM
AG
Nice fuel saving victory for Allgaier.
spadilly
S
scd88
AG
Damn. After all the wrecks involving Chastain, NASCAR suspends one of the choir boys. They must have had some pretty strong evidence.
Bunk Moreland
I'm a little shocked they suspended him but the data must have been pretty obvious and Chase may not have fought it too much.

The reason this one gets the suspension over other incidents though is specifically how dangerous hooking the right rear can be.

Denny is a whiny ***** but he got absolutely destroyed in that car due to the incident and those are images NASCAR does not want to see get out there.

Flip 13 times down the front stretch and walk away without a scratch? That's evidence that the system works.

See a drivers head shake violently even with the helmet/hans? not good.
scd88
AG
I agree on all points. That video of his head bouncing around was bad. Really bad wreck in this day.
TRM
AG

TRM
AG
Can't wait until Denny intentionally wrecks someone during the Chase and someone calls for him to be suspended.
scd88
AG
TRM said:

Can't wait until Denny intentionally wrecks someone during the Chase and someone calls for him to be suspended.

He has become increasingly annoying over the past couple of years. I used to like him.
Bunk Moreland
He knows his window is closing and he's been so close to a title. I think it's making him ornery.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Corey Lajoie will be running in the 9 this week.
TexAg1822
AG
Awesome for him. Really excited to see what he can do in top tier equipment

Hocevar will be in the 7 as a result
spadilly
S
Russ Dalrymple said:

Corey Lajoie will be running in the 9 this week.

So I assume that Berry to SHR is pretty much done.
TRM
AG
Berry would have been the substitute, but he's in Portland this weekend instead of STL.
spadilly
S
Ahh. That's right. Thanks.
spadilly
S
L3 penalty (the most severe) for the 14

$250,000 fine and six races for their crew chief. Goodness.....

spadilly
S
NASCAR issues L3-level penalty to Stewart-Haas Racing

Quote:

NACA ducts are single-source supplied parts for the Next Gen car and may not be modified or counterfeited. The NASCAR Rule Book spells out the location for these ducts, on the left and right side windows, which are used to help cool the car.
Tightening the ducts, or counterfeiting/modifying the size of the ducts, can help a team create more downforce on the race car.
"In the post-race inspection at the R&D Center, we found the No. 14 car had an engine panel NACA duct not in compliance with the rule book," NASCAR Senior Vice President of Competition Elton Sawyer told NASCAR.com. "It is a counterfeit part, and that is an L3 penalty. … We need to make sure we're keeping the teams and the car in compliance. The deterrence model has to fit that, and that's our responsibility as custodians of the sport and of the garage.
"Don't mess with a single-source part. Working in areas we used to in the Gen-6 car, is just not going to be acceptable with this car as we move forward. It's not going to be the culture we're going to allow."
scd88
AG
Race day. Most intriguing story has to be LaJoie in the 9 car, right?
TRM
AG
Probably but if he does well it'll be a bigger story since HMS sucked at Gateway last year.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Very disappointing day so far for Lajoie in the 9. His replacement in the 7, Hocevar, was actually having a much better day until his issue.
scd88
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Very disappointing day so far for Lajoie in the 9. His replacement in the 7, Hocevar, was actually having a much better day until his issue.

Just came in here to post this exact same thing. How underwhelming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.