***** 2023 NASCAR Cup Series *****

29,025 Views | 522 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Logano gets the win.

Lajoie with another strong showing at Atlanta, finishes 4th.
Bunk Moreland
Can't remember the last time I've been that bored. Bad wrecks and bland racing.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I still think Atlanta should have kept it's old configuration and Texas should have been the track reconfigured to this setup.
Code Maroon 12
AG
Looks like a pretty good lineup for COTA this weekend... can't wait to get there on Sunday! Anybody else planning on making it out for the race?
Bunk Moreland
Went to the first 2 there. Wasn't planning on going this year but I was given free tickets last night so I'll probably head in for Saturday or Sunday
spadilly
S
I thought about driving up from Houston with my two boys for the weekend, but now we would only be able to make it on Sunday. I'm still on the fence.

If anyone finds three free tickets floating around, let me know!
Still never been to COTA, but have made the drive up to TMS too many times to count.
Code Maroon 12
AG
spadilly said:

I thought about driving up from Houston with my two boys for the weekend, but now we would only be able to make it on Sunday. I'm still on the fence.

If anyone finds three free tickets floating around, let me know!
Still never been to COTA, but have made the drive up to TMS too many times to count.
And if anyone has three after that, I will be glad to take them lol. Planning to just grab a few GA
Alr3111
AG
Headed up today to McKinney Falls state park and will be there Saturday and Sunday. GA at COTA is a good deal. I typically watch the truck race at the hairpin (11), Xfinity at the hill on turn 8 and cup at turn 1. Red/white and blue lawn chair.
AstroAggie15
AG
Had a blast going the last two years. Just can't make it happen this year. Have fun
JSS1999
AG
I was able to go to COTA today as a guest of the #30 truck. Colin Garrett and his family do great work for the military community with the 11/11 Project. It was great experience but their cause is greater than it all.
TRM
AG
I think Dinger or Larson wins COTA today.
TRM
AG
Wallace and Hamlin.
Alr3111
AG
Byron looking pretty strong
Alr3111
AG
The lack of stage cautions really changes the strategy
northeastag
AG
Alr3111 said:

The lack of stage cautions really changes the strategy
It does, but what an awfully boring race.
Alr3111
AG
Agreed
TRM
AG
Last 2 cautions have made this interesting.
Pahdz
I don't know man if it had ran out green the fuel strategy was gonna play out with some high drama. Was gonna be interesting watching to see if Busch could have made it through the field running full bore.
Pahdz
We need local yellows at road courses
Pahdz
In the end the best car won
scd88
AG
I have been anti road course forever...but I had this race a chance and really liked it. Kudos to Fox for some great coverage, too, with the drones and other camera angles.
Bunk Moreland
Left with 10 to go to beat traffic. On the one hand I'd have had a great angle of the action because I was in turn 1. On the other I was getting infuriated listening to the cautions on the radio on the drive back. Glad Reddick won. He deserved it. Also multiple times early in the race caution needed 2+ laps. That was brutal in the heat. Middle of the race provided great action.
Code Maroon 12
AG
Thought it was a good race. I was also getting excited to see how the fuel strategy was going to play out, but selfishly the cautions provided drama for me as I was sitting in turn one. Reddick was bad fast and I'm glad the best car won, even through all the overtimes.

Was fun to see Larson get back from 2/3 laps down to a P14 finish using free passes, etc.

Code Maroon 12
AG
Good race in Richmond. Always fun to watch tire strategy play out
TRM
AG
Hendrick with more penalties. Maybe Knaus will have to move back to pit road for a couple weeks at this rate.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/36095757/hendrick-drivers-alex-bowman-william-byron-penalized-nascar

Quote:

The Hendrick Motorsports teams of points leader Alex Bowman and two-time winner William Byron were penalized by NASCAR for violations found in the Richmond postrace inspections.

NASCAR said Thursday that the teams of Bowman and Byron will lose 60 points and five playoff points apiece.

Bowman's interim crew chief Greg Ives and Byron's interim crew chief Brian Campe were suspended for two races starting after this week's dirt race at Bristol Motor Speedway. The two were also fined $75,000 each for what NASCAR said were modifications to the greenhouse -- or center area -- of the car.
Burrus86
AG
Will be in Geico West B campground for Talladega. Any Ags in the area, please stop by. We will be on Row 586. Just look for the big state of Texas flag.
TRM
AG
https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/36149175/nascar-cody-ware-arrested-alleged-assault-strangulation
Quote:

NASCAR suspended Cup Series driver Cody Ware indefinitely on Monday after he was arrested on charges of assault on a female and assault by strangulation inflicting serious injury.

The Iredell County Sheriff's Office incident report indicated Ware was arrested Monday, one week after an incident that occurred at a residence in Mooresville. A spokesperson said Ware is no longer in custody after being released on $3,000 bond.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Preece and SHR dominant early. Elliott struggling early in his 1st race back.
scd88
AG
I was expecting more fireworks at the end. Kind of a boring finish. Lol.
TRM
AG
Larson wins. Took advantage of the yellow flags after Hendrick struggled most of the day. Elliott finishes 10th in his 1st race back.
TRM
AG
It was pretty boring all day.
spadilly
S
TRM said:

It was pretty boring all day.

Agree. I think there were two on track green flag passes for the lead all day. Even Preece couldn't pass once he had his penalty and got caught in traffic.

Also, I'm ready for the NBC half of the season and their coverage/broadcasters. I've always been a Mike Joy fan, but this season FOX has really bugged me.
Big Cat `93
AG
Agreed. Mike hasn't had much help lately. The guest announcers they bring in just make Bowyer sound even worse. Especially Matt Kenseth. NBC's coverage is fantastic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.