***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,129 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LETS KILLLLLLLL TOMIGHT. I AM READY TO MAKE ORYZ MY BISCH
BreNayPop
AG
Ill be available in 30 mins
BreNayPop
AG
Anybody else beat hard raid on day 1?

Only beat oryx with titan... need to run it with warlock and hunter...
Bryan98
AG
I've only done the raid twice before today, since I was late to TTK. My raid loadout wasn't over 300 before. With today's loot, it is!
Bigsteve713
AG
I don't think I have a high enough light level to try hard mode at 303
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I don't think I have a high enough light level to try hard mode at 303

You do. 300 is the recommended level for starting.
Sentinel
AG
I thought it was 310?
Bryan98
AG
If it was 310 virtually no one would have it. You have to be inhumanly lucky with normal mode drops to be 310 in every slot.
Bryan98
AG
If anyone of appropriate level wants to run the first half of the raid on normal, message me quick!

Fedaykin98
Sentinel
AG
Gotcha. I see what you're saying. Recommended light level is 310 but you need to be at least 300 of you're going to be successful.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
If it was 310 virtually no one would have it. You have to be inhumanly lucky with normal mode drops to be 310 in every slot.

Or farm the hell outta exotic engrams and use them to infuse other gear.

Once you hit 300 exotic engrams have a 1 in 3 chance of being 310.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Gotcha. I see what you're saying. Recommended light level is 310 but you need to be at least 300 of you're going to be successful.

No, I'm saying the officially recommended level range is 300 to 320 - Google it. 310 is virtually impossible before you've gotten HM loot.
Sentinel
AG
No need to Google. The recommended light level (provided by Bungie) is absolutely 310.

That being said not many people are going to have a light level of 310 so having a light level of 300 is the minimum threshold for being successful.
Agmaniacmike12
You can be successful as long as you are around 305 and have a solid sniper and/or can play the other roles efficiently. However, Oryx is not a stage I would recommend running until 310. You would be better off running more fresh runs with other characters to help boost light level than waste time on the final boss. I highly recommend grabbing the Black Spindle the next time it comes up in the daily. The raw DPS it has the ability to achieve in the Warpriest and Golgoroth DPS phases is unmatched.
Sentinel
AG
Got to the Deathsingers last night as a 306. We had a few people that were 302. It was tough at times but we made it. Without Black Spindle, it's hard to do consistent damage in a short period of time. Reloading will significantly reduce the DPS of your team.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Good thing about all the raid weapons, is that they have a perk called 'coccoon'. They auto reload when not being used.

So if you have one in each slot, you'll never have to waste time reloading while Dps'ing. Empty your heavy, switch to your sniper, primary, back to heavy.
Sentinel
AG
My experience with Cocoon is that your weapons are never reloaded fast enough.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
No need to Google. The recommended light level (provided by Bungie) is absolutely 310.

That being said not many people are going to have a light level of 310 so having a light level of 300 is the minimum threshold for being successful.
Wouldn't be the first time they've talked out of both sides of their mouths. Here's a Bungie weekly update saying 300:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13762
ccaggie05
AG
Can I be added to the username list? My PSN ID is TxAg2005.

Finally jumped into Destiny fully and I'm loving it. Im still working thru The Taken King story content but hopefully I'll get to start doing raids soon. Would love to play with other Ags.
howdydamnit04
AG
CC you probably should post on the PS4 thread if that's your device of choice. They got too big for their britches a while back and didn't want to slum it with us xboners.
ccaggie05
AG
quote:
CC you probably should post on the PS4 thread if that's your device of choice. They got too big for their britches a while back and didn't want to slum it with us xboners.
I didn't even realize I was posting on the Xbone thread. Thanks for the heads up!
howdydamnit04
AG
Per Reddit if you got the ghosts last week in the Daily Paradox mission you can do the next step in the Tower with the Future War Cult today.
Bigsteve713
AG
quote:
quote:
I didn't even realize I was posting on the Xbone thread. Thanks for the heads up!

That's funny

Now get out
hot dog
AG
TheVarian
AG
I'm game. I wanna run through it again to familiarize everything before running hard mode

Tag: The Varian (yes there is a space )
TefIon Don
AG
I'll be raiding today/tonight, usually get on around 5. I can run normal or hard mode.

Gt: tripps09
howdydamnit04
AG
Tonight sounds like an Atheon night.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Check your Xbox Live messages.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
If yall are running it tonight, send me an invite. Im at that step.
LPHA
AG
I will also need to get Atheon, and wouldn't mind tagging along a normal Kings Fall. I've done it once, and have a basic understanding of the mechanics.
TefIon Don
AG
We can get a normal mode run set up. What time will you be on?

Varian?
LPHA
AG
I should be home by 4:30, ready to go around 5 or before most likely.
TheVarian
AG
LPHA
AG
I'm ready whenever. Just send an invite if I'm watching tv.

GT: Tiny Pumpkins
LPHA
AG
Woof. Sorry about that. Jumping isn't my thing. Were yall able to kill the big guy after I left? I ended up with a 300 shotgun, 300 titan mark, and 303 ghost. If any of those were 2 higher, i'd be 300 now.

I still need to kill Oryx if anyone wants/needs someone. And I'd like to get Atheon sometime soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.