***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,148 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm moving, and had to pack up my xbox in order to get the house ready to be on the market! Ugh. No Destiny for me for a while.

Your wife needs to be more understanding.
TefIon Don
AG
Did challenge mode today, and got a 320 sniper, 320 machine gun, and 320 artifact.
TheVarian
AG
Anyone on and want to do some raiding?
LPHA
AG
Sorry Varian. I had terrible connection problems last night. If you want to raid tonight or later in the week, I'm game.
TheVarian
AG
No worries my man. I had to get off actually right when I got on. Some personal things came up that needed my attention. I'm game to raid tomorrow if anyone if feeling up to it?
LPHA
AG
I'm in, just let me know
SteveA
AG
I'm a noob, haven't ran any big raids yet. Looking to do Vault of Glass. Anyone want to run that tonight or tomorrow? Me and a couple of guys usually play after 10pm. gt=SteveThePretty.
TexasAggie_02
AG
if you haven't done the "jolly holliday" (chaperone) quest line, better do it tonight before it gets patched. Looks like you can complete the crucible portion (gaining rep with the last word equipped) in the Race gametype.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vyzu9/jolly_holliday_can_be_completed_in_the_srl_just/
Bryan98
AG
quote:
if you haven't done the "jolly holliday" (chaperone) quest line, better do it tonight before it gets patched. Looks like you can complete the crucible portion (gaining rep with the last word equipped) in the Race gametype.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vyzu9/jolly_holliday_can_be_completed_in_the_srl_just/
I saw this! I've been working on this quest lately, conservatively. Might have to do some racing tonight...

Also according to Reddit, exotic boot engrams might decrypt as nothing right now, so watch out for that.

And some are reporting that engrams from before the patch CAN decrypt as the "new" exotics, which is good, because I've been saving a bunch of them for just that purpose.

And I'm going to need a TON of 3oC now that they can be used for Crucible and SRL matches.
Bryan98
AG
So, Mike and Donde, did y'all beat Challenge Mode last night?

It seems like the strat we were using was solid, we just needed to execute and all stay alive.
TheVarian
AG
Can we run it again?
TefIon Don
AG
I attempted the Challenge mode last night with a group from the100. Was not successful. We didn't have a problem exchanging the gaze through all 6 players, but then people would die from cursed thralls in the pit. I used stormtrance to take out adds while everyone did dps, but then we didn't get enough damage and he enraged.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I attempted the Challenge mode last night with a group from the100. Was not successful. We didn't have a problem exchanging the gaze through all 6 players, but then people would die from cursed thralls in the pit. I used stormtrance to take out adds while everyone did dps, but then we didn't get enough damage and he enraged.
you can still do the one orb strategy. sounds like maybe ya'll were trying to get more than one orb per wave?

I did it the other night with a group from the100. Number each player 1-6. After the wave of adds if over, grab ammo and have #2-5 go to the right side near the crypt/sarco****us looking thing that you use for cover and have 1-2 ppl start shooting at Golg's legs so he will turn his back to #1, while the others shoot the orb.

Jump down into the pool and either have a hunter tether golg, or have a hammer bro titan melee him with "melting point" turned on. Melting point actually does more damage to him than the tether. do not use tether and melting point at the same time, as they don't stack. BUT weapons of light will stack, so if you have 2 titans, make one a hammer bro, and the other a defender.

Save the hunter's tether for adds in the pit, it slows them down and makes it easier to kill them.

The person that gets the exploding debuff (forgot the name) needs to jump out of the pit before everyone else. They always jump straight back towards the door, so they don't hurt anyone. Everyone else always jumps out to the left or right sides.

Guardian #2 also needs to jump out to the right side before the timer is out.

Odds stay left, evens stay right.

After the first bubble, just trade the gaze back and forth, calling out your number "2 has got it," "3 has got it," etc.

Don't worry about trying to get a second bubble in. After someone takes the gaze from you, focus on cursed thrall in the pit, so they aren't there on your next bubble.

After the 6th gaze, you will get another wave of adds. Then repeat the one orb method

On the Taken waves, it's best if a defender titan has the helmet that gives them the blinding bubble, as taken will spawn directly behind those in the pit. Hunter needs to tether adds, and hammer bro needs to melee/grenade golg with "melting pot"
Agineer
AG
Yep
TefIon Don
AG
We used that exact same strategy, but people kept dying for stupid reasons. Attempted it for 3 hours this morning with no luck. I just need to get a competent team together.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
We used that exact same strategy, but people kept dying for stupid reasons. Attempted it for 3 hours this with no luck. I just need to get a competent team together.
i know what you mean, tried to run it last night with an LFG group for 2 hrs. About 1 hr in we nearly had him, then someone died. If you can kill him, you don't need to switch the gaze,but then a couple of idiots killed themselves on purpose b/c the one guy had died.

Then 2 hrs in, someone just decided to start shooting at golgortoth while we are trying to swap gazes, so he was turned the wrong way and we couldn't swap the gaze to the 6th person.

After that i rage quit.
slickag2007
AG
Our house has a contract on it! That means it's time to bust out the xbox! Is the sparrow racing fun?
slickag2007
AG
I still need a good team to help me finish normal mode King's Fall as well.
TheVarian
AG
Sparrow racing is a blast!! It should have been in the game from the start
TheVarian
AG
Is there anyone out there,

Any one please?

Who will run Golgoroth,

With Brothervisconti and me?
TheVarian
AG
Any tips on how to get through the black spindle portion. We are having trouble killing the big guy and getting rid of ads
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Any tips on how to get through the black spindle portion. We are having trouble killing the big guy and getting rid of ads

I haven't succeeded myself, but they say you want to prioritize targets thusly:

1. Blights
2. Adds
3. Boss

At all times, be killing things with that priority. Allegedly, according to Reddit.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Kill all the adds first (including the blights). As long as there is a blight left, they keep spawning. Once they are all down, they respawn based on the amount of damage done to the boss. Once they come back, kill all the adds again.

Don't chance reviving a teammate unless they are close to you, it's better to wait the ten seconds for them to revive themselves, than to end up with two dead guardians.
TheVarian
AG
We beat it! Did a double bubble with weapons and blessings and used swords. Killed him with 4 minutes left!

Lemme know if you wanna run it
BreNayPop
AG
quote:
We beat it! Did a double bubble with weapons and blessings and used swords. Killed him with 4 minutes left!

Lemme know if you wanna run it

Hope you also enjoyed your oryx experience...
Arkyd
AG
I'm stuck at the end of the last mission to get touch of malice. Anyone mind helping out?
Arkyd
AG
Never mind, got it. Thank you Red Death...
LPHA
AG
I haven't played in a while. Anyone need a body to soak up bullets/whatever we get shot with? I've been bored with the game, but I was also rolling solo, aside from playing with y'all
SteveA
AG
I needs couple of guys to run vault of glass. Anyone interested?
Arkyd
AG
Eh, why not? I can help out. Feel free to toss me an invite (GT: Arkyd).
LPHA
AG
If anyone feels like Iron Bannering, I'll be on. I'm starting from scratch today, so we'll see how far I make it
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
If anyone feels like Iron Bannering, I'll be on. I'm starting from scratch today, so we'll see how far I make it

The buff is pretty high today. If you can do all the daily bounties, and at least one weekly, you should be pretty close.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i got a ridiculous stability roll on the weyloran's march sniper rifle. 1st tree has the Ambush Scope, and the low zoom scope, 2nd tree is Eye of the Storm (increased accuracy as your health lowers), 3rd tree is hand-laid stock, and 4th is Unflinching (greater accuracy while taking fire).

Also played my highest scoring game ever last night. 27 kills, 5.4 k/d. granted, it was a pretty bad team. but my average k/d is 0.9, so i was pretty stoked.

TexasAggie_02
AG
so, uh I got an elite controller for Christmas, and was just looking at my stats. Holy balls it makes a difference. Here are my Control (iron Banner) stats for the past year (except november, b/c that iron banner was slayer).

http://www.destinydb.com/guardians/xbox/2305843009216986310-schedonnardus#30.3
Gerald Tarrant
so...just bought this recently, only have my warlock up to 20 right now but freakin hooked and would be down with teaming up with folks at some point

gamertag: mshubes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.