***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,144 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
herb96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finished up Oryx last night on EggWhite's group.
TefIon Don
AG
Will finally get to attempt the raid tonight. All six people in our group have managed to read 0 spoilers so it will be 100% blind. The last 10 days have been agonizing.
dcaggie04
AG
12 man party chat now available on XB1. You know what that means.

12 man Court of Oryx.
BreNayPop
AG
Please add me if ya need help or an extra for a raid group.

I have completed the raid at least 10 times now.

Happy to help

I have a 297 lock, a 299 hunter, and a 300 titan.

Message aggiejedd if ya need anything.
TefIon Don
AG
Holy hell, 10 times?
Arkyd
AG
Anyone not already have Black Spindle that wants to go after it tonight, maybe around 8ish or so?
howdydamnit04
AG
I'm gonna try for the spindle as well. If I'm on shoot me a party invite. MIGHTYmidget04. It's not usually capitalized like that but my phone did it for me and it is amusing so I'm not changing it.
Cgoode03
AG
Don't have that one yet, may join up with yall around that time if im on

GT: BoerneAg03
BreNayPop
AG
Yup, at least 10 times. Help lots of groups. Only rewards with 7 of them and not favored by the rng
Bryan98
AG
So right after our big Court of Oryx group went its separate ways last night, I went to the tower and randomly talked to Eris. She didn't have an exclamation point or anything, I just wanted to see how long until I could buy runes.

She ended up giving me a quest...to do tons of Court of Oryx. Yeah, the one that gives you a 300 Artifact. Son of a!

I went back to Court with TheWalt and Megapute and got all of the Reciprocals and two of the Stolens done. Now I just need to do one Stolen and one Antiquated to get my 300 Artifact. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend.

Also at some point this weekend, I'm considering what my second Marks purchase should be. I bought the 280 Vanguard Ghost first. I've got 70 Marks right now and could earn 5 more and buy a piece of armor today, or keep saving up and get a weapon soon. Any thoughts?

Fedaykin98
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
So right after our big Court of Oryx group went its separate ways last night, I went to the tower and randomly talked to Eris. She didn't have an exclamation point or anything, I just wanted to see how long until I could buy runes.

She ended up giving me a quest...to do tons of Court of Oryx. Yeah, the one that gives you a 300 Artifact. Son of a!

I went back to Court with TheWalt and Megapute and got all of the Reciprocals and two of the Stolens done. Now I just need to do one Stolen and one Antiquated to get my 300 Artifact. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend.

Also at some point this weekend, I'm considering what my second Marks purchase should be. I bought the 280 Vanguard Ghost first. I've got 70 Marks right now and could earn 5 more and buy a piece of armor today, or keep saving up and get a weapon soon. Any thoughts?

Fedaykin98

If you see me one shoot me a party invite. I have some antiquated runes.
Bryan98
AG
Awesome, thanks!

Also, if anyone needs to farm Hadium Flakes, hit me up. =D
LPHA
AG
How many do I need to get for the legendary sword? 25? I think i have 9, and that took longer than it should have.
Bryan98
AG
Yeah, I believe it's 25.
LPHA
AG
Thanks.

On another note, I got the taikonaut and graviton forfeit from xurgrams. And year 2 obsidian mind and light beyond nemesis.
Bryan98
AG
I need some advice!

My lowest gear piece is my Heavy. I'll be at 150 Marks tonight. I watched Datto's "best vendor weapons" video. He likes the New Monarchy HMG for PVE and the Future War Cult Rocket Launcher for PvP. I could go either way. I could buy from either one since I can force up my rep and haven't switched allegiances this week.

I hope to be raiding next weekend. Is the HMG important for King's Fall? I'm used to raiding with a RL. I'd put PVE gear as my highest priority, but I do love PVP. Thoughts?

Edit: Apparently some people prefer Ruin Wake to Objection IV for an HMG.
THEamc
AG
Add me, xbl gamertag: Senor Poo

Looking to do the raid tomorrow night, have black spindle looking to party.
THEamc
AG
quote:
I need some advice!

My lowest gear piece is my Heavy. I'll be at 150 Marks tonight. I watched Datto's "best vendor weapons" video. He likes the New Monarchy HMG for PVE and the Future War Cult Rocket Launcher for PvP. I could go either way. I could buy from either one since I can force up my rep and haven't switched allegiances this week.

I hope to be raiding next weekend. Is the HMG important for King's Fall? I'm used to raiding with a RL. I'd put PVE gear as my highest priority, but I do love PVP. Thoughts?

out of the vendor gear, I would chose ruin wake, but I would focus on your sword. game changer for pvp on most maps.
mid90
AG
Wrong thread
Bryan98
AG
Ran some heroics last night, hit 285.
quahog_ag
AG
gt: baynwil

wreckt01
finished the raid twice over the weekend. First time we were all 294-297, it was tough but doable. Second time we were all at 298-304 with some raid weapons and a few touch of malice it was easy mode.
Bryan98
AG
Hit 291 last night thanks to a lucky drop during some pick-up Court of Oryx! Man, that game mode is fun and a loot pinata. I'm about to finally hit rank 5 with Eris and will be able to start buying runes.

Hoping to be raid-ready for this coming weekend.
Thunder18
AG
I got a 305 rocket launcher from the warpriest yesterday, so I got that going for me...which is nice
TefIon Don
AG
It took 6 lfg fireteams and 4+ hours, but finally beat Oryx last night. Bagged myself the scout rifle and the 3 items needed for the Touh of Malice.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I need some advice!

For the raid you're going to want a sniper like the Black Spindle or 1000 Yard Stare (with triple tap/mulligan like the one the Vanguard sells) and a good HMG. Ruin Wake is great since it's got good impact, stability and a rate of fire that doesn't send the weapon careening off. Rocket launchers don't seem to have a place in the raid right now.
slickag2007
AG
For today's heroic story mission, there is a secret area in the Vault of Glass. Do not scan Praedyth's bones. There are 3 hidden ghosts throughout the level that you need to acquire in order to activate a hidden jumping puzzle. I believe you get a ghost, and a legendary engram as reward for your troubles. More can be found all over reddit, I assume.
slickag2007
AG
Here is a link to an article that talks about the exact process.

Hidden Area in Today's Daily Heroic Mission
TefIon Don
AG
I'll be tackling that story tonight if anyone wants to join. Gt: tripps09
slickag2007
AG
I ran through the story this morning but didn't realize there was a secret area. I'd like to run it again and see if I can get the rewards. What time will you be on?
TefIon Don
AG
I'll be on from 5 til late. Just send an invite when you're on.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I need some advice!

PS4 Guardian, but I would shy away from the FWC rocket launcher for PvP. It has fantastic stats but each heavy drop only gives you 2 rockets. Get the HMG because you will need it for PvE and it is great for most PvP with the exception of ToO
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Here is a link to an article that talks about the exact process.

Hidden Area in Today's Daily Heroic Mission

Thank you!
bearamedic99
AG
Dang. I missed this. I am so behind on the new DLC. My highest is a 39 hunter who just unlocked night stalker and is about to make a beachhead on the dreadnought. My titan is still level 34
Thunder18
AG
That daily heroic side quest yesterday was pretty badass

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.