***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,109 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
slickag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many have done the raid? I still haven't had an evening free to complete it.
Bryan98
AG
I haven't because I jumped on the TTK train late. Getting stuck in this weekend!
Arkyd
AG
Damn you warsats! Drop from the sky!
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Damn you warsats! Drop from the sky!

Tell me about it man. I've been waiting for an Earth warsat for like an hour now
Thunder18
AG
...aaaaannd defeat extraction crews (for the 10tj time). Bah!
Bryan98
AG
It's Friday! I'm finally hitting King's Fall tonight!

Fedaykin98
LPHA
AG
I'm up for anything tonight. I'm at 290 with my titan. Warning, work has been ridiculous so I probably won't be in my right mind. Could be fun?
Thunder18
AG
Beat the raid Saturday afternoon. Got the hand cannon, helmet and gauntlets so my light is now 300
Bryan98
AG
Iron Banner tomorrow! So many good times in the past. If you see me online, jump into party chat and let's get a full fireteam going!

Also, I skipped HoW and thus have never Trial of Osirised. What can y'all tell me? Anyone have any success?
Bigsteve713
AG
so what light do you need to be to do the new raid, I'm at 287 and don't know if that's good enough

if it is, I'll be on a lot in the next few days and want to give it a shot if anybody else is down
TheVarian
AG
Anyone up for the raid tonight or tomorrow?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
so what light do you need to be to do the new raid, I'm at 287 and don't know if that's good enough

if it is, I'll be on a lot in the next few days and want to give it a shot if anybody else is down

280 is the min, 290+ is recommended. If you have a fire team of 295+, you could probably hang with them. There are a couple of spots where you need a guinea pig/run around distraction guy, so you could play that role.
Bigsteve713
AG
how did you know that that's what I'm best at?
TefIon Don
AG
I'll be on around 5
Bryan98
AG
Boo on IB gear all coming in at 280 Light (at least, from the vendor).
Thunder18
AG
My buddy's 310 black spindle got nerfed to 290 which is pretty ****ty. They should have just patched it so new drops are at 290
TheVarian
AG
Just got on. Sorry!!
slickag2007
AG
They were super upfront that Black Spindle was going to be dropped down shortly. That's why most people used it to infuse another weapon to a higher attack value.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
They were super upfront that Black Spindle was going to be dropped down shortly. That's why most people used it to infuse another weapon to a higher attack value.

Well he is a dumbass for not doing that then
TheVarian
AG
Soooooo. Is anyone down to raid tonight? I've yet to have a break from work/lady friend/reality and need to virtually kill stuff. Anyone else want to?
slickag2007
AG
I will probably be on around 8 ish. I haven't run the raid at all yet, and would like to. Is there anything specifically that I need in order to contribute to the team? I'm a 295 stormcaller, with a 293 tlaloc, a 297 susanoo, and a 290's level machine gun.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I will probably be on around 8 ish. I haven't run the raid at all yet, and would like to. Is there anything specifically that I need in order to contribute to the team? I'm a 295 stormcaller, with a 293 tlaloc, a 297 susanoo, and a 290's level machine gun.

You'll need the machine gun, and a good sniper rifle.
slickag2007
AG
Any recommendations on the sniper? I'm not especially well versed in them as I only utilize them in certain situations like the nightfall.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I used 1000 yard stare from the vanguard until I got a better one.

On every boss, you'll generally empty an entire mag of heavy into them, then switching to a sniper rifle.
Sentinel
AG
I've been using a 300 Black Spindle and never having to reload.
slickag2007
AG
Anyone wanna do the raid?
LPHA
AG
1. Yes. I'm at 291 though, not sure if that's high enough.
2. It's deadline day, so I'm not sober

If thats ok, let's do it
LPHA
AG
Or the banana. I'm liking that pulse rifle
TefIon Don
AG
I'm absolutely done raiding with randoms and lfg groups. Got the raid done last night but it took 4 hours because of 2 guys that were inexperienced and who wouldn't listen.
Agmaniacmike12
Raid has become a lot quicker with experience. Hour and 30 minutes not counting the jumping sections.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
Raid has become a lot quicker with experience. Hour and 30 minutes not counting the jumping sections.

Good. Now that you have it down, I shall grant you the honor of being my Sherpa.
AggieStout
AG
I haven't done the raid yet but i watch a lot of videos on it so i am not "that guy" holding up the team.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I'm absolutely done raiding with randoms and lfg groups. Got the raid done last night but it took 4 hours because of 2 guys that were inexperienced and who wouldn't listen.
it can be hit or miss. I've always had good luck getting groups from Reddit Fireteams. The LFG sites are always hit or miss.

One thing you can try, is to look up players from LFG sites on destinytracker.com. You can type in a gamertag, look at their stats, and determine if they are worth playing with. of course, they could look you up too.
TexasAggie_02
AG

lol. NSFW Warning (language)
mid90
AG
Anyone down for a Texas Aggies clan challenge: Xbone vs PS4?

Maybe something like each system gets 2-3 raid teams together, goal is to speed run King's Fall. Each system gets to put forth their best time from each of the groups.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.