***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,115 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
or you can do the Three of Coins exploit (see reddit)!

Much better if you have the time. Drop rate comes out to 5-7 strange coins per exotic engram, vs buying one for 13
Agmaniacmike12
We are about to attempt the raid. If you are around 280 or above feel free to hop in.
Thunder18
AG
Looking forward to raiding Sunday
PatAg
AG
anybody get the "A light in the dark" quest bug at the speaker? You can't advance on the starting quest line if you have it.
bearamedic99
AG
How did the raid go? I read the first team to complete it took 7 hours. With a kid, I don't know how often I'll find 7 hours to do this.
Agmaniacmike12
Got through the first major boss area in roughly 4 hours. Actually pretty impressive for a fresh run with two fireteam members below 280 when starting.
thewhiteegg
AG
It was quite fun to figure out the mechanics. I'm pretty sure nobody had a clue what to do when we started.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
anybody get the "A light in the dark" quest bug at the speaker? You can't advance on the starting quest line if you have it.

I do...hopefully they fix it in the next patch
wee_ag
AG
quote:
How did the raid go? I read the first team to complete it took 7 hours. With a kid, I don't know how often I'll find 7 hours to do this.
Keep it mind it took about that long for the very first raid when the game was released.

So, the consensus is that the expansion is worth it?
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
quote:
Keep it mind it took about that long for the very first raid when the game was released.

So, the consensus is that the expansion is worth it?

Yes, tons of new content.
wreckt01
hit 290 this weekend, going to try to tackle the raid tuesday/wednesday nights. My raid team (2 sunsinger/2 nightstalker/2 defender) and I all agreed to avoid all youtube/reddit content about the mechanics so we can go in blind. This should be intersting....or terrible
Thunder18
AG
quote:
hit 290 this weekend, going to try to tackle the raid tuesday/wednesday nights. My raid team (2 sunsinger/2 nightstalker/2 defender) and I all agreed to avoid all youtube/reddit content about the mechanics so we can go in blind. This should be intersting....or terrible

You definitely dont need sunsingers...I ran my Warlock with Stormtrance...crowd control is a lot more of a necessity than being able to resurrect...jmo. We made it to Gologoroth before calling it quits yesterday and that took us a solid 4 hours from a fresh run. Good luck!
TexasAggie_02
AG
need 1 more right now, halfway through the Raid.

XB1 GT: Schedonnardus
slickag2007
AG
Are the Vanguard Heroic strikes the best way to increase my light level? I'm at 262 light right now.
TefIon Don
AG
Yes.
TefIon Don
AG
Anyone want to fireteam up tonight and try and get the exotic sniper rifle from the Daily heroic mission? I think the mission is light level 300.
slickag2007
AG
I'll give It a shot with you if you're ok with light level 282.
Agmaniacmike12
The Black Spindle part of the Daily Heroic is absolutely insane.
TefIon Don
AG
I'm 291, would it be too tough for anyone under 300?
Agmaniacmike12
I am 297 and ran it with a 296 and a 284. There is an insane amount of ads to take out in a ten minute time limit. Try it once or twice and see for yourself.
slickag2007
AG
Which Year 2 exotic primary should I go for first out of these choices? TLW, Monte Carlo, Suros Regime. I'm also open to other suggestions.
Thunder18
AG
I use Suros all the time in pvp...rarely use MC
dcaggie04
AG
Just got Zhalo Supercell from an exotic engram I got in the raid tonight.
Agmaniacmike12
thewhiteegg and I were able to get the Black Spindle after his 304 friend hopped on and wrecked **** with the sword.
thewhiteegg
AG
I have the solar exotic sword now, so that fight should be much more fun.
Thunder18
AG
Zhalo Supercell is pretty awesome when fully leveled up. Your super recharges way faster when you start chaining together kills with it
LPHA
AG
I haven't done anything past the first ttk level with my warlock. Anyone have an alt they want to run through this stuff?
howdydamnit04
AG
Anyone know if you can still get the Black Spindle or if that was limited to yesterday's daily?
LPHA
AG
It's probably there any time the mission is run on heroic
howdydamnit04
AG
http://www.vg247.com/2015/09/24/destiny-the-taken-king-black-spindle-rotation/

Guess not.
wreckt01
made it up golgaroth in about 3 hrs, stalled out there. we got the mechanic down though and it should be smooth on next attempt. we had two with connection issues so we called it a night. its challenging, and really well done so far.

and i agree, storm trance is far more useful than sunsinger.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
made it up golgaroth in about 3 hrs, stalled out there. we got the mechanic down though and it should be smooth on next attempt. we had two with connection issues so we called it a night. its challenging, and really well done so far.

and i agree, storm trance is far more useful than sunsinger.

Yep...we made it to Golgoroth last week but we didnt really have good enough weapons to get the amount of DPS to beat him.
slickag2007
AG
Xur has Year 2 Hawkmoon for those that don't have it! I grabbed that and a year 1 primary exotic engram which turned into Red Death.
caveman-economist
AG
I haven't done the raid yet, but am 290+ light... let me know if you guys ever need an extra person:
xb1: cave economist
Bryan98
AG
I'm back, baby! Add me to the OP, please. Fedaykin98 on Xbox.

cave econimist: Are you the guy who keeps inviting me to groups? Do I know you from somewhere?

Edit: 232 Light so far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.