***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

40,835 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
Agmaniacmike12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I figured we should kick this off early. Feel free to post your Gamertags and any thoughts or info you have.

The Taken King- Releases Tuesday Sept 15

Strikes Aren't Completely Monotonous Anymore

New Ghost Shells with Perks + New Xur Item

3000 Words Explaining Most of TTK's Additions- Forbes

Taken King Fixes Level Grind, Offers a New Beginning for Disgruntled Players

Speculation on New Exotics

The Crew
(Format is Texags Username-----Gamertag)

LPHA-----Tiny Pumpkins
bearamedic99------superrufus99
Maveric------Jacobin Dylcoop
Cgoode03------BoerneAg03
Thunder18------DrFishfingers18
Arkyd-----Arkyd
TheVarian------TheVarian
herb96------OG 12thMan
dcaggie04------debt2society
howdydamnit04------MightyMidget04
Ag8556------HAIL VITAS
thewhiteegg------thewhiteegg
R a g g y 09-----Anthrometal (not supposed to be any spaces, only way to get past filter)
Classy Gentleman------Solid Gentleman
Teflon John-----tripps09
slickag2007-----Slickg2007
Agineer-----gearhead0711
Bigsteve713------durrrtysouth713
RustyBoltz-----RustyBoltz07
BreNayPop------aggiejedd
Pman17-----Darth Pman
Bryan98----Fedaykin98
quahog_ag-----baynwil
THEamc----Senor Poo
Sentinel
AG
It's happening!
LPHA
AG
GT: Tiny Pumpkins
bearamedic99
AG
GT superrufus99
Maveric
AG
GT Jacobin Dylcoop
Prime0882
AG
Wrong thread + double post.
Prime0882
AG
Cgoode03
AG
GT: BoerneAg03
Thunder18
AG
Gt: DrFishfingers18
thewhiteegg
AG
GT: thewhiteegg
Arkyd
Raggy09
AG
GT: Anthrometal
Arkyd
AG
Credit to R****09 for posting this on the other Destiny thread, but I thought it would work well here also:

Raggy09
TheVarian
AG
Lawwwwwdddd
AggieJ29
AG
So are you year one players tired of getting royally ****ed by Bungie yet? They gave you a beta on release day, and now they're charging you $40 a pop every time they update the game to how it should have been at release. How do intelligent adults fall for this? I just don't get it.
Sentinel
AG
I'm not "falling" for anything. I know exactly what I'm getting into. I play Destiny more than enough to make it worth the money.
Agmaniacmike12
Despite all of this game's flaws, it is one of the few games where I can get on with a group of friends and knock out a cooperative mission with fun game mechanics. The #1 element to playing a game is having fun and I can still fire up this game and do just that. Don't you do enough ****ting on the Premium board?
Agmaniacmike12
There is already a thread on this, but there will be a Twitch stream introducing TTK today at 11am PST:

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie
slickag2007
AG
I'm super excited for TTK. It is gonna be amazing, and I have a great time with this game regardless of if I play by myself or with others. It keeps me coming back over and over, and I love that.
TheVarian
AG
Did anyone watch the twitch stream?
slickag2007
AG
I watched part of it on IGN afterwards. Just the highlights, I guess.
Agmaniacmike12
Here is a good summary of the Twitch stream.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/19/9177205/destiny-the-taken-king-bungie-twitch-stream

LPHA
AG
I am excite
dcaggie04
AG
A good rundown of what was in the twitch feed.

Info
wreckt01
wreckt01 - wreckt01

I'm looking forward to the new subclasses and the new raid. I'll miss my fatebringer, but the new weapons and gear should freshen the game up a little.

Feel free to hit me up if you see me online.
TheVarian
AG
X post from marsuvees, spelling? Good sheet though M

TL: DR:
http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2648799

New Guns
NO More Dinklage
GHOST SHELLS INCREASE LIGHT
OTHER Neat stuff

Edit: Spelling and autocorrect BS
AggieJ29
AG
quote:
I'm not "falling" for anything. I know exactly what I'm getting into. I play Destiny more than enough to make it worth the money.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. To me, no video game is worth paying $140 for. Isn't it going to end up being $180 when it's all said and done? I mean, it would be one thing if they gave you a really quality game up front and were adding some seriously good content (like a whole extra quality game's worth of content). But Destiny was not a quality game on release. The mechanics of the combat were solid, but it was an absurdly repetitive grinder with zero story and an incredibly poorly thought-out progression system. It clearly was not a finished product. It was a beta.

Now (among other things) they're basically adding a story, redoing some of the piss poor voice acting, and overhauling the progression system to one that actually makes sense and cuts down on the annoyance and repetition. In other words, they're releasing a patch that brings this game into a state it should have been in on release day...except they're charging you the price of another game for it. So you paid them $60 to beta test their game, and now you will have paid them another $80 in DLC to get the version you should have gotten at release.

Then add that to the fact that players who waited a year can buy the entire package, including the base game, for $80. That really doesn't bother you? That's a slap in the face, and Bungie is laughing at you. No seriously, go read the Eurogamer interview with Luke Smith. When asked why they're charging so much for The Taken King, he essentially says they could release anything they want at any price they want, and their idiot fans would still buy it.

I'm not trying to **** on the thread, honestly. I just don't understand how you're ok with all of that. The more we allow developers to walk all over us like this, the more likely it becomes that the video games we purchase will be in a beta state upon release, with more of our money required to get the gaming experience we should have been given in the first place.
slickag2007
AG
Doesn't bother me one bit. I've gotten a ton of fun out of this game, and I'm willing to pay to keep the fun going. Could things have gone better? Sure. But that doesn't mean the game isn't fun or that the developers don't care.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
Doesn't bother me one bit. I've gotten a ton of fun out of this game, and I'm willing to pay to keep the fun going. Could things have gone better? Sure. But that doesn't mean the game isn't fun or that the developers don't care.

Agreed, my cost per hour is pretty tiny. If Mike would just get a decent internet connection I'd probably have a few less hours logged...

flintdragon
AG
I've enjoyed the game as well. The only thing weird about the expansion is that for $40, it seems most of the changes are just updates to fix the game. The actual content additions should only be worth about $20.
TefIon Don
AG
quote:
So are you year one players tired of getting royally ****ed by Bungie yet? They gave you a beta on release day, and now they're charging you $40 a pop every time they update the game to how it should have been at release. How do intelligent adults fall for this? I just don't get it.

Don't give a sh-t about the price. Top down screamin out money ain't a thing.
herb96
AG

quote:
Agreed, my cost per hour is pretty tiny. If Mike would just get a decent internet connection I'd probably have a few less hours logged...
LOL

dcaggie04
AG
quote:
If Mike would just get a decent internet connection I'd probably have a few less hours logged...

TefIon Don
AG
His internet will get better once school starts, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.