***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,152 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
BreNayPop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 level 34s and over 3000 grimore if yall ever need help.

Gt: aggiejedd
bearamedic99
AG
large update today (maybe earlier; it's been a few since I signed in)
Bigsteve713
AG
update is available
BreNayPop
AG
Update done. Packages available
bearamedic99
AG
this update is taking all day. I'm 4 hours into it.
bearamedic99
AG
what packages? Pre-order bonuses for TK?
Sentinel
AG
The 2.0 update. It's 17 GB total. That's everything except The Taken King, i.e. weapons buffs/nerfs, etc.
TheVarian
AG
Well, I was going to play tonight. Guess I'll see you kiddos tomorrow
dcaggie04
AG
Took about an hour to download for me. Like the new layout. Doing the void walker quest now.
bearamedic99
AG
where did Eris and the map robots go? What is up with the emotes? Where do we get more?
dcaggie04
AG
Map robots are gone, Eris is below steps right going toward vanguard guys. Not sure about other emotes yet.
Agmaniacmike12
I'm now at 2% after 2 hours
dcaggie04
AG
I wondered if you were going to be able to play this week at all.

Also, some people on reddit found ways to change the DNS settings on the XB1 to certain manual settings. May check that out and see if it helps.
Agineer
AG
GT: gearhead0711
thewhiteegg
AG
quote:
So at this rate you'll be ready to play Saturday night?
herb96
AG
quote:
quote:
http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~naeser/modem9600-01.jpg
herb96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

TefIon Don
AG
Has faction reputation changed with 2.0? I pledged allegiance to Dead Orbit, ran some bounties, but received 50% rep to DO versus 100% to vanguard. Same thing happened when I did the Weekly Heroic.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Has faction reputation changed with 2.0? I pledged allegiance to Dead Orbit, ran some bounties, but received 50% rep to DO versus 100% to vanguard. Same thing happened when I did the Weekly Heroic.
It looks that way. Appears that once you pledge to a faction, you get rep to both the faction and the vanguard. I actually like this way better than the old way where if you were wearing the faction item, all rep when straight to the faction. I can level up both at the same time now.
TefIon Don
AG
The only thing I don't like is the 50% rep gained per bounty versus the previous 100%. I was blowing through DO ranks the last few weeks trying to get shaders/ship.

Ranking both of them up at the same time will be good though....really want that substance 321 shader.
howdydamnit04
AG
Meanwhile in the AgManiacMike household...

Raggy09
AG
Bungie has completely sold me on everything else ever now that exotic armor is affected by shaders.
Pman17
AG
Leveled up from 33 to 34 by exp in just 3 control games of Crucible.

Can I level up after 34 with exp? Or do I have to wait till the 15th?
TefIon Don
AG
You have to wait until the 15th, when they raise the cap to 40.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Took about an hour to download for me. Like the new layout. Doing the void walker quest now.
hold off on doing faction and class specific quests. They are bugged, and not dropping emblems like they should. Deej said on twitter that the emblems will not retroactively drop. You need to wait for the TTK to complete them.

Also, the quests are free XP, I would hold off on doing them. Doing them now will give you XP for leveling up weapons and armor, but if you wait a week, you'll also get XP to level up your character past 34.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
hold off on doing faction and class specific quests. They are bugged, and not dropping emblems like they should. Deej said on twitter that the emblems will not retroactively drop. You need to wait for the TTK to complete them.

Also, the quests are free XP, I would hold off on doing them. Doing them now will give you XP for leveling up weapons and armor, but if you wait a week, you'll also get XP to level up your character past 34.
I saw that after I completed the sunsinger quest. Holding off on finishing the voidwalker until the 15th.
slickag2007
AG
Has anyone done the weapon tests this week? I finished the pulse rifle and was working on the sniper rifle. Seems like a pretty good mechanic.
Thunder18
AG
The sniper rifle is badass...rocket launcher isn't too bad either
bearamedic99
AG
So we should be getting another raid that was year one exclusive to playstation. Anyone know anything about it? Will we also be getting playstation exclusive weapons?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
So we should be getting another raid that was year one exclusive to playstation. Anyone know anything about it? Will we also be getting playstation exclusive weapons?
There was no exclusive raid only strikes. There were six things that were PS exclusive that we will be getting.

• Strike - The Undying Mind (already in Vanguard Legacy Strike playlist)
  • Strike - The Dust Palalce (already in Vanguard Legacy Strike playlist)
  • Crucible Map - Exodus Blue
  • Crucible Map - The Timekeeper
  • Weapon - Hawkmoon
  • Weapon - The Four Horsemen
redbaron788
AG
Damn, beat me to it.

The Dust Palace, fight through the cabal to three psions with different elemental shields. The Undying Mind takes a reverse course through the Black Garden mission to take down a vex hydra variant.

Hawkmoon, handcannon with decent range that applies bonus damage to 3/15 bullets. Monte Carlo, auto rifle that speeds melee recharge with damage and has chance to reset with kills. The 4th Horseman, four barreled auto fire shotgun with final round and return to sender.

Exodus Blue, smallish map around a trainyard. Timekeeper, smallish map on Mars around vex architecture. Both good control maps with a mix of sniper lanes and close quarters combat
TefIon Don
AG
We are also getting access to Monte Carlo, an exotic AR that was PS exclusive.
dcaggie04
AG
Yeah forgot about that one.
herb96
AG
Is there anything worth doing between now and Tuesday?
TefIon Don
AG
The only reason I mentioned it is because ARs maaaay become relevant again with 2.0

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.