***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,146 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
wreckt01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Price is too high for content, but I've logged so many hours that it's worth it for me. It's got problems, but it is a really fun game.
See yall starside
Arkyd
AG
Question I can't seem to find the answer to: certain year 1 exotics are being "left behind" at the year 1 damage cap, while others can be upgraded, but are the "left behind" year 1 exotics still available to collect after TTK is released? For example, if I have yet to get a Mida Multi-Tool (assuming there is no year 2 version) by the time TTK is released, will I never be able to get a Mida Multi-Tool? Or will the year 1 exotics still be available via random drops, old exotic bounties, and xur? The completionist in me has to know...
Raggy09
AG
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/thetakenking.aspx

I'm just gonna post this here to help with further questions since gameinformer's piece is pretty comprehensive.

Basically, as far as I understand, there will be a wall of sorts that will show all the exotics you've collected, and if you haven't, it will tell you how to obtain it (not sure what the qualifications on each are, as I've got many through just RNG). I'll try to find the article they mention this in.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/thetakenking.aspx

I'm just gonna post this here to help with further questions since gameinformer's piece is pretty comprehensive.

Basically, as far as I understand, there will be a wall of sorts that will show all the exotics you've collected, and if you haven't, it will tell you how to obtain it (not sure what the qualifications on each are, as I've got many through just RNG). I'll try to find the article they mention this in.

It is called exotic blueprints. There will be two terminals in the vanguard mentors area, one for exotic weapons and one for exotic armor. They went through it on the twitch reveal broadcast this past week.
slickag2007
AG
Does everyone have all the VIP qualifications done? I only have to beat the level 35 POE and I'll be done.
Agmaniacmike12
If you're on later today, send me a party invite, even if I'm playing something else, and we'll knock out that 35 POE.
slickag2007
AG
I think I can make that work.
bearamedic99
AG
I could use help with POE 35 as well. I've tried twice with PUGs. I doubt I can get on tonight but maybe (I work early tomorrow during the day). I'll be on tomorrow night around 7 central time.
slickag2007
AG
Anyone planning on being on this afternoon/evening?
LPHA
AG
I'll probably be on later this afternoon/early evening.

I wouldn't mind running the nightfall a couple times, or really anything.
TheVarian
AG
I need to run z night fall as well. I'll be home around 4
LPHA
AG
If you can wait, I'll be home around 6 most likely, but hopefully a little earlier.
TheVarian
AG
I can do that!
LPHA
AG
Anyone else need or want to do the nightfall?
dcaggie04
AG
So, everyone's buddy Xur is showing off some of the new exotics for Year 2 on Destiny's Instagram Account. Don't know how often he will do this.

The three shown off thus far:

Alchemist's Raiment - Warlock Chest Piece "

• Perk 1 - Collecting primary ammo gives chance to gain glimmer
  • Perk 2 - Orbs collected when super is full recharges grenades and melee

The Chaperon - Shotgun

• Perk 1 - Grants an agility boost when equipped
  • Park 2 - Precision kills grant brief increase to handling, range, rate of fire and stability

Empyrean Bellicose - Titan Helmet

• Perk 1 - Aiming weapons while in the air will old you in place for a short time
  • Perk 2 - Orbs collected when super is full recharges melee
AggieStout
AG
no love for the hunter
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
no love for the hunter
Don't be mad friend. Here are the three they added later in the day.

Telesto - Fusion Rifle

• Attaches projectiles to foes and detonates with delayed Void blast
  • Multikills will drop Orbs for your allies

Sealed Ahamkara Grasps

• Provides an additional melee charge
  • Melee damage has a chance to reload Primary Weapon

Sleep Stimulant

• Fusion rifle equipped in Heavy Weapon slot
  • Laser ricochets on hard surfaces (as you upgrade the weapon, it will bounce off of more hard surfaces, I have heard up to 5 surfaces fully upgraded)
AggieStout
AG
GT: NOT NOW CHIEF88
dcaggie04
AG
9/18/15 is the date the King's Fall raid will be available. Looks like that weekend will be shot for me.
TheVarian
AG
Boner jams 2K16
LPHA
AG
quote:
Boner jams 2K16
slickag2007
AG
haha. That is hilarious.
TefIon Don
AG
Anyone down to do Flawless raider sometime soon?
dcaggie04
AG
Destiny is going to have a crucible preview event from 9/8 through 9/14 for everyone who has destiny (you don't have to have purchased TTK to participate). They are going to let you play all the new maps and new game modes.

Other notes from the weekly Bungie update concerning Tuesday's patch (full patch notes will come out with patch):

You have one more weekend to experience Destiny as it has existed in Year One. On September 8th, the deployment of Update 2.0 will change the way we play. Next week, we'll deliver complete patch notes to keep you occupied. Here's a tactical preview for how things about to change:
Character

• Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34

• Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
    • You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
    • Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
    • Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
  • Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems - their power levels will be unchanged
  • Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
Quests

• A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
  • Tracks all active Quests
  • Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
  • Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
Bounties

• Bounty slots will be increased to 16
  • Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
  • Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
  • Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
  • Reputation with Crota's Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
Tower

• Collections have been added to the Tower

• Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
    • Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
  • Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower

• You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
    • Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
Inventory

• Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
  • Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
  • Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor materials
Weapons & Armor

• Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis
World

• Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system

What's leaving Destiny when you download the 2.0 update:

• Vanguard & Crucible Marks: Activities where you previously earned Vanguard/Crucible marks will now grant Legendary Marks. On Tuesday, your current Vanguard/Crucible marks will converted into faction commendations.
  • The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest.

Also, they are extending the Moments of Triumph period to midnight PDT on 9/14.

Bigsteve713
AG
So has anybody on here tried Skolas? It's not too bad if you have 3 gallys but man was it a mother****er, I think it took us 4-5 hours fresh

TLR 2/10 WNtryagain
Raggy09
AG
Skolas really isn't that hard as long as you know what you're doing. I think it took us maybe 5 legit tries. With the modifiers this week, the 34 POE was harder than Skolas.
Bigsteve713
AG
see the opposite was true for me. I ran through 34 2x fairly quickly and easily this week.
slickag2007
AG
Whats the best Elder Cipher weapon? I don't have it done, but it should auto-complete on Tuesday.
Sentinel
AG
I like the Queenbreaker's Bow personally.
Agmaniacmike12
Most effective is the Lord of Wolves shotgun. Most fun to use and unique is the Queenbreaker's Bow.
LPHA
AG
Would any of y'all be able to help me and a couple buddies get through crota on hard? They need it for their triumphs. We could really use a swordbearer too.
bearamedic99
AG
I may be on tonight and will be on most of tomorrow starting in the afternoon. Still need to beat 35 POE. GT superrufus99
LPHA
AG
I'll send you an invite if you're on. If you play, we will still need one more
Bigsteve713
AG
durrrtysouth713

I'll help if i'm on, with anything really, except skolas, **** that guy
Pman17
AG
GT: Darth Pman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.