***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,107 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The only reason I mentioned it is because ARs maaaay become relevant again with 2.0
i got owned a lot last night by the Summoner (Trials of Osiris AR)
bearamedic99
AG
On top of the 2.0 update Tuesday, will there be another update this Tuesday? If so, I need to buy an external hard drive
Agmaniacmike12
Not certain, but the two expansions had a tiny 8.5 MB install. The patches before each expansion had the vast majority of the content, the 8.5 MB download is kind of like an access code to the DLC.
dcaggie04
AG
So yeah, Mayhem Clash is a blast.
LPHA
AG
Might be trying crota again with a couple buddies if anyone wants to help. We will need a swordbearer.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
On top of the 2.0 update Tuesday, will there be another update this Tuesday? If so, I need to buy an external hard drive
Glad I swapped out my PS4's hard drive for a new 2TB one... sitting at 500 GBs now and noticing that it's faster than the stock one.
TheVarian
AG
Noob question here, how do you add storage? I haven't looked,yet, online but am curious
LPHA
AG
http://www.amazon.com/HGST-7200RPM-High-Performance-Portable-0S03729/dp/B00IVFDQ48

I just got this last week. It's easy to use and seems to run faster
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Noob question here, how do you add storage? I haven't looked,yet, online but am curious

• Go to your favorite electronics store (in person or online)
  • Find a USB 3.0 external hard drive with a storage size greater than 256GB
  • Purchase selection
  • Once purchased hard drive is at home, plug it into any one of the USB 3.0 slots on the XB1
  • XB1 will recognize drive and ask you to format it. Do so.
  • You have now increased the storage size of the XB1.

You can then go to each game/app individually in "My Games/Apps", press the start button (three line button) and select "Manage game". You can then select to move what you want associated with the game moved to the external drive.

You can also go into Setting > System . Manage storage, highlight your external drive, press "A" and you can select to have everything new install directly to the external drive.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
http://www.amazon.com/HGST-7200RPM-High-Performance-Portable-0S03729/dp/B00IVFDQ48

I just got this last week. It's easy to use and seems to run faster
That one is good. It have one of these and if you hit it right you can get it for a reasonable price (like it is currently).
TexasAggie_02
AG
I bought a western digital 4 TB drive for my box.
RustyBoltz
AG
I've been really pissed off about the price of TTK but I just know if I try to hold out, I'm gonna get pressured into it in a week or two and then be behind so I might as well suck it up and get it day one. Though I'm not even going to be able to play until Monday; damn out-of-town Friday weddings.

GT: RustyBoltz07
slickag2007
AG
did anyone else get a Monte Carlo from their veteran's tour quest at the tower? Curious if that's a standard reward or if anyone else got something different.
TheVarian
AG
Yessir.
caveman-economist
AG
GT: cave economist

Love it, recommend it.

Here are my thoughts for anyone considering getting TTK:
So far, I love The Taken King. I'll be honest... I've been excited for a while and haven't had this much fun with a game since Star Wars Galaxies (anyone remember that one?). The story is infinitely better. All of a sudden, I feel like Cayde-6 has personality and he makes me glad my main character is a hunter. The guy is funny, but it doesn't feel too corny (yet). His humor might get old after a while, but it's a nice relief from the constantly dark Eris.

The first mission of TTK is absolutely astonishing. It's simple, but it may remind many of you of the first time you ever played Halo. There's a peculiarity to the planet, the music is dark, there are weird things going on that you can't explain, you're a little concerned about every step you take, and then all of a sudden - you're in a bad-A firefight. I found myself grinning and thinking, this was worth every penny.

Crucible: the Rift, new multiplayer mode, is really fun. It's like a cross between your traditional team death match and control. Like a fast paced control, and it's a blast.

Now for the downsides: I do wish there were multiple planets being released. The dreadnaught seems big, but I enjoy multiple environments to explore. It still feels lacking, but not enough to disappoint my purchase.
Agmaniacmike12
Leveling up is super quick. If you have bounties/public event rewards saved up, I recommend waiting to use them until you get weapons and armor worth leveling up because the questlines will give enough experience. The game is geared towards defense/attack levels for endgame activities so a fully upgraded new exotic is more important for Friday's raid than getting to 40 without any good gear.
slickag2007
AG
And just like that, I'm at level 40. Now to build up some legendary marks and get my light level up
flintdragon
AG
A lot of people were getting Monte Carlo and another PS4 exclusive because the RNG isn't completely random for that veteran quest. The algorithm behind the reward puts higher priority on exotics you don't have already so a lot of non-PS4 players with lots of exotics already has a really good chance to pull the previously PS4 exclusives.

So that's what I've read. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
did anyone else get a Monte Carlo from their veteran's tour quest at the tower? Curious if that's a standard reward or if anyone else got something different.
I got Hawkmoon.
LPHA
AG
I got Monte Carlo. It's interesting. If anyone wants to run through some stuff let me know. I'm probably going to do the titan first.
TheVarian
AG
FINALLY OFF OF WORK! STONER BASHING
TIME
Sentinel
AG
Loved the opening scene.
slickag2007
AG
Has anyone hit upon an easy way of earning legendary marks? Besides patrol.
Thunder18
AG
I must've been getting lucky yesterday...had 4 legendary engram drops so I used a couple of the lower rated legendary armors to make legendary marks...I was able to hit level 40 about 45 minutes into playing TTK (thanks for the infused light Red Bull)
TefIon Don
AG
Hawkmoon for me as well.
howdydamnit04
AG
Agmaniacmike12
This expansion is top notch. Kudos to Bungie for fixing some of the issues of this game and making the grind at least feel fresh and new. We're 2 days into the expansion and I have been playing quests religiously, but it looks likes I have yet to scratch the surface of the content available to play.The game is less of a chore checklist and the wealth of content allows for a focus on one character.
howdydamnit04
AG
I had my first ridiculously late night in Destiny last night in a while. And am regretting it today at work.
TefIon Don
AG
I debated staying up so I could farm Hadium flakes for the legendary sword, but sleep won.
dcaggie04
AG
I spent about an hour hanging out at the court of oryx playing rounds with a bunch of randoms. Tons of fun, got some good stuff from it. First levels are fairly simple with.multiple people. Second levels jumps up the difficulty with you having to deal with multiple bosses at one. The third level is ridiculous. All enemies are recommend light level 300. Wasn't make a dent in them as a level 250 light. Looked like you have to me within 40 light levels to do any damage.
howdydamnit04
AG
Got the new Warlock gloves from Xur and from engrams I got Saint 14, Empyrean Bellicose, Obsidian Mind (3 of them), the Doe, and a couple hunter helms for the hunter I don't have.
Thunder18
AG
Im cleaning Xr's inventory out when I get home today...gotta get those exotic helmets
Prime0882
AG
Sharing this from the PS4 thread:

Advice for those wanting to buy engrams in bulk - I noticed on Reddit this morning people talking about getting tons of duplicates after grabbing the exotic engrams in bulk.

It sounds like it's safer if you grab one engram, run over and decrypt it, and then repeat. I did that this morning and got no duplicates.
Thunder18
AG
Donde esta Xur today?
flintdragon
AG
or you can do the Three of Coins exploit (see reddit)!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.