***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,111 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
TefIon Don
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Care to elaborate on your button setup? I've always thought that moving the jump button from A to a paddle would help immensely, as you could continue to aim while jumping.

I've struggled to find my optimal setup since 2.0 launched, but I think I've found it:
Pdx-45 with Perfect balance, Hidden hand, and rifled barrel. It has near max stability with very good range.
1KYS or party crasher, depending on map.
Bretomarts stand MG
Voidwalker Warlock with Nothing Manacles, max intellect and discipline.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Care to elaborate on your button setup? I've always thought that moving the jump button from A to a paddle would help immensely, as you could continue to aim while jumping.
Top left paddle: "B" - slide/crouch
Bottom Left: "Left Stick press" - Sprint
Top Right: "X" - Reload/Revive/Ammo Pickup
Bottom Right: "A" - Jump
Triggers: hair triggers engaged, and trigger draw set to 50% in settings. (if you don't do this, your sparrow will only go about 5 mph).
Stick Sensitivity Curve: Aggressive

Look Sensitivity (in destiny settings): 3 (was using 7 on basic controller)

Some people i've played with question me putting sprint on a paddle, since you don't have to take your thumb off a stick to sprint. Its just personal preference. I wore out the left stick on my basic controller b/c i would mash it so much. The build on the Elite controller is much better, so that may not be a problem, but i prefer to have sprint on a paddle.

A lot of people are putting "Y" on a paddle instead of sprint, so that you can swap weapons without moving your thumbs. Lately, i've been using snipers and pulse rifles so I'm not as in-your-face and needing to switch weapons as quickly, so that hasn't been a problem for me.
Bryan98
AG
quote:

I've struggled to find my optimal setup since 2.0 launched, but I think I've found it:
Pdx-45 with Perfect balance, Hidden hand, and rifled barrel. It has near max stability with very good range.
Bretomarts stand MG

I feel like Nothing Manacles do Nothing. As does Reddit, btw. They were nerfed and I honestly can't detect any benefit to wearing them. If I were playing Voidwalker, I'd rather go with Voidfang Vestments. Some guys go with Obsidian Mind, but to me the effect you get in PvP isn't big enough.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Bretomarts stand MG
I've been running:

Stormcaller:

• Storm Grenade
  • Focused Burst (initial burst of speed when jumping)
  • Superconductor (doubles super lightning chaining)
  • Amplitude (extended melee range)
  • Arcane Force (increased armor and agility)
  • Transcendence (increased super duration when grenades and melee are full)
  • Divine Order (increased armor)

Nirwen's Mercy

• outlaw
  • braced frame
  • 3rd eye

Weyloran's March

• Eye of the storm
  • hand laid stock
  • unflinching

OR

Silence of A'Arn (shotty)

Truth

ARMOR:

• Raid helmet
  • Raid chest with sniper ammo boost
  • Raid Boots with rocket ammo boost
  • Impossible Machines gloves that grant landfall to super, and increase melee attack speed

TefIon Don
AG
Nothing Manacles are still good for pub-stomping in control and iron banner, because enemies will cluster up on capture points and each nade usually gets you one kill. But outside of control, they aren't as good anymore. For trials I'd definitely run voidfang vestments.

It's sad that they got nerfed, because holy sh-t they were like mini nova bombs.
slickag2007
AG
Is there any compelling reason to come back to Destiny right now? I just finished moving a few weeks ago, and haven't kept up with the state of the game.
caveman-economist
AG
Can anybody help me out killing the Echo for Touch of Malice? Need 1 more person and I think I could knock this out fast
caveman-economist
AG
cave economist is the gamertag
TefIon Don
AG
Do you still need this?
Americium
AG
GT: Plutonium21kt

New player. I didn't use the lvl 25 boost yet, wanted to play through original content on my first character. I'll probably make a second and boost to 25 at some point. Anyone still active? I'd like to do some group stuff at some point.

Beezy2389
AG
Usually post in the PS4 thread but here is my rundown of the April Update preview
A recap will be posted tomorrow on Bungie's Blog

-General Updates-

Max Light level is 335
New questline from Variks & PS4 exclusive questline from Petra
New strike as well as bringing back Taken Archeon Priest but with new unique rewards
New challenge mode to give players new end game content (not sure if that is PoE or something else)
Eververse is now in the reef

-Variks-

Quests: Pretender to the Throne (located on Dreadnaught with boss Malok looks like a taken knight (likely source of Hood of Malok) is the 1st quest from Variks
Also a Complete lv 41 Prison of Elders quest.
Variks now has bounties as well as updated class items
Challenge of the elders entry (similar to ToO pass) where you get points (bonus from modifiers like precision kills get more points) from kills and orb generation in 42 PoE. High score (by team not individual) goal is 30,000 where you get a guaranteed 335 weapon or Cumulative score of 90,000 which is your score over the week (can be with different fireteams) which will reward you with a 335 armor.

-Petra-

Petra quest is exclusive to PS4 (w/ a unique reward)

-PoE General-

Engrams will drop and vanguard bounties will now count during PoE.
There are checkpoints (can leave and eat dinner and come back) (I believe I heard him say this, can anyone confirm?)
No round time limit, BUT...
"Variks grows impatient" slowly removing score if not damaging boss

Level 41 PoE has matchmaking, taken or original enemies, and can get a "Sterling Treasure" (discussed next week) once per week. No Treasure Keys, chest can be opened as many times as you want. Has vanguard marks as a reward as well (like strike playlist). Rewards can get you to 320. Those point bounties do not work on this level, only on 42.

42 PoE recommend light 320, 3 rounds, no matchmaking, has set modifiers per week (ex: precision kill bonus, grounded, small arms), 16 total bosses (8 regular and 8 taken) 3 of which will be selected weekly. Need 30,000 points in one run to get max rewards but can still get rewards if under 30,000, points will be multiplied each round (x1, x2, x3), wiping will reset points back to what it was before the round started, no chest room for lv 42, only get points. Rewards can get you to 335. Going back to Variks will reward you with your weapon/armor.

-They are now running through PoE-

They are running 335 characters, didn't look all that difficult but they are probably pretty good

1st round is fighting the vex boss from old PoE in Vex arena
Put up detaining forcefields (like the Templar in VoG)

2nd round is Taken Knight (actually moves around the map unlike the knight during old PoE)
His fire breath last longer and has higher area of effect,

3rd round and final is original servitor in Fallen arena
He can now teleport around and drop mines

End of mission rewards screen gave a crappy emblem and some engrams.

Variks reward was a Her Fury Sniper rifle @ 335, mostly regular perks but some new stuff they will talk about tomorrow (said something about a red chroma glow or something like that)

Next week is New Armor and Weapons and Leveling up.
Agmaniacmike12
Bump for any Ags that may still be playing or will start again with the update.
xGigEmAggies12x
If anybody still plays this.. I'm wanting to run a few raids this weekend and need some extra people. If you want to give it a shot then leave me your gamertag. Mine is my texags handle.
Americium
AG
I've been playing quite a bit. New player, up to 295 light. Haven't done any of the raids and am struggling with some of the more group needed quests/missions.

I joined a group on the100.io, but haven't run anything yet.

GT: Plutonium21kt
howdydamnit04
AG
Played for 4 hrs last night. All in all I think it's a pretty good update. Kinda nice to have multiple venues to get good gear again.
Americium
AG
Some pretty good stuff from Xur this week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4evw2n/xur_megathread_20160415/
xGigEmAggies12x
If anyone is up for some raids, challenge of elders, or whatever then I'm game. Send me a friend request (same as texags handle) and a message that you're from texags.
Arkyd
AG
Anyone still need to run Challenge of the Elders to max out their scorecards this week that might be interested in a few rounds tonight?
snizzler22
AG
Started playing this again and I'm up to 310 light. What's the best way to hit 320? Lately I've been grinding prison of elders and/or strikes. I'd love to play with some ags - GT is snizzler22.
TheVarian
AG

Just saw this, and though I haven't played in awhile, this makes me excited. Still love this game
TefIon Don
AG
This response is way late, but the best way to quickly rank up your LL is by doing the raid, or Trials.
LPHA
AG
Anyone want to help with no time to explain ?
TefIon Don
AG
What do you need help with, the entire quest line?
LPHA
AG
I'm at the last step. Willie or some ****
LPHA
AG
Does anyone feel like running the groundskeeper mission. I'll help with any mission you need in return.
Raggy09
AG
Destiny is the game I always end up coming back to. Best way to boost light level is probably iron banner, at least from what I've found. Add me if ya want. GT: Anthrometal.
wee_ag
AG
Ok... stopped playing this before Taken King came out and never got the add-on. Now it's ~$20 - is it worth it? Do people still play? Is another add-on coming out soon that will make this one free?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Private Matches!

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45085/7_Rise-of-Private-Matches---and-Clans
slickag2007
AG
I wanna come back and play some more destiny now that I have weekends off, and could possibly finish the king's fall raid. And I know that the new expansion will definitely pull me back in. Anyone up for guiding me through the King's Fall raid sometime this weekend? I'd like to do it both on normal and hard modes.

Also, what are the April quests? Would I still have access to those?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Also, what are the April quests? Would I still have access to those?
you get the april quests from Variks in the reef, they are still there. pretty short and sweet. one of them has you play new prison of elders material.
slickag2007
AG
I just looked at the things I still need to do in year 2. I need to beat the raid on hard mode, I need to find all 50 calcified fragments, I need to get an exotic sword, I need to beat the reef quests, etc. Pretty much everything. haha. Think it's possible?
TheVarian
AG
How much time is there left?

I need to do more than you...
dcaggie04
AG
You have until noon on September 20th.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I just looked at the things I still need to do in year 2. I need to beat the raid on hard mode, I need to find all 50 calcified fragments, I need to get an exotic sword, I need to beat the reef quests, etc. Pretty much everything. haha. Think it's possible?
go to https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/ and see what calcified fragments you need. 3 fragments are from Challenge mode raid, and 3 are from Tier 3 court of oryx. Both the raid challenge and the court of oryx rotate once a week, so it will take a minimum of 3 weeks just to get these. I would prioritize these first every week, b/c if you miss a week, you'll have to wait a month (and there's only 27 days left)

The raid challenges can be done on normal mode. To get the fragments from the Tier 3 Court of Oryx, you have to be the one to place the rune to activate it. So if you and friend both needed it, you would have to do it twice, and rotate the activations. You will need Antiquated Runes to activate Tier 3.

If you need Antiquated runes, you can get them as a drop from Tier 2 Court, from raid bosses (not very time efficient), and for ranking up Eris Morn above Rank 5 (each package will have one). You can redo the Dark Below Quests (Expansion 1) from the quest kiosk in the tower by the Vanguard to get Eris Rep. You will also randomly get bounties from her while doing Court of Oryx, which give rep.

After you do the court and challenge each week, then work on crucible. certain parts of the crucible quest will be easier if you can get 6 ppl together and go into the classic rumble playlist and have everyone stand still so that you can kill them repeatedly with the correct weapons.

dcaggie04
AG
Challenge Mode Raid until ROI:

8/23 - 8/29: Warpriest
8/30 - 9/5: Golgoroth
9/6 - 9/13: Oryx

T3 Courrt of Oryx until ROI:

8/23 - 8/29: Balwur
8/30 - 9/5: Kagoor
9/6 - 9/13: Thalnok

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.