***** OFFICIAL DESTINY YEAR 2 XB-1 THREAD *****

41,130 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheVarian
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, the loot gods were kind last night! I took my first trip into HM King's Fall and got a HM Ghost, Fusion Rifle, Machine Gun, and Boots. Also got a slightly higher pair of normal Gloves.

That's with us making it through Golgoroth.
TefIon Don
AG
Glad you got some drops! We struggled with lag for quite a bit afterwards, but after going to Orbit and picking up 2 randoms on LFG we beat it first attempt. I got a 300 raid helmet for my 20 shards...$&@%.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Glad you got some drops! We struggled with lag for quite a bit afterwards, but after going to Orbit and picking up 2 randoms on LFG we beat it first attempt. I got a 300 raid helmet for my 20 shards...$&@%.
That would still be 3 light higher than the vendor legendary I've been wearing all this time, but yeah, I'd be disappointed, too.

Got my 45th Calcified Fragment yesterday as well, so I just need to run the strike and the story mission to finish the quest for Touch of Malice.
LPHA
AG
Nice. After all that, I picked up a blue chest engram while running around disguised as the cryptarch that turned into a 298. Bam, 300

Still want to kill Oryx and Atheon.
flintdragon
AG
been running around doing all the other stuff (so much to do) that I was completely avoid CoO and the raid.

Did CoO for the first time and talk about blues raining down. Completely full inventory.

At L299 with maybe 4 more light to gain 300. I'm thinking one run of the raid will get me there...
Bryan98
AG
quote:
been running around doing all the other stuff (so much to do) that I was completely avoid CoO and the raid.

Did CoO for the first time and talk about blues raining down. Completely full inventory.

At L299 with maybe 4 more light to gain 300. I'm thinking one run of the raid will get me there...
You can run the normal mode raid at a much lower level than you're currently at, FYI.

And yeah, Court of Oryx is great for acquiring blues, and great fun, too! I'd like to see them offer a higher difficulty, actually, because once you and your friends are geared from the raid, even Antiquated Runes are pretty easy and fast encounters. It's so much fun that I'd like to see the challenge restored somewhat.
slickag2007
AG
Tried king's fall with some Reddit fire team people. Got to the section with 2 sides and the countdown that you have to cleanse. Then everyone left. So, I still haven't beaten the raid. I hate relying on random people for this stuff
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Tried king's fall with some Reddit fire team people. Got to the section with 2 sides and the countdown that you have to cleanse. Then everyone left. So, I still haven't beaten the raid. I hate relying on random people for this stuff
The part before the Warpriest?

I don't know when I'm doing regular KF next, since Hard Mode is what so many people are after right now, but friend me up if you haven't. My friends and I are stuck on Daughters, so maybe we end up running normal mode this weekend in order to get loot from them and Oryx.

Xbox: Fedaykin98
LPHA
AG
If you need another for normal Oryx, i still need that part.
howdydamnit04
AG
People are reporting getting 310+ exotics from Trials bounties (or whatever they are called never attempted Trials, but looks like I'm gonna try this weekend ).
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
People are reporting getting 310+ exotics from Trials bounties (or whatever they are called never attempted Trials, but looks like I'm gonna try this weekend ).
The Trials bounties are new. This will be the first trials with them. Also the 310+ items dropping jives with what the weekly update noted about rewards being more in line with hard mode raid rewards.
Agmaniacmike12
I will probably be running Trials at some point this weekend. Bounties give a little extra incentive for poor PVP players like myself to attempt a run at the lighthouse.
BreNayPop
AG
The bounties were def worth it. There are some crazy good skilled teams in trials and some crazy bad ones- just have fun and complete your bounties and its worth it.
LPHA
AG
Does anyone still need to run the raid? I still have to kill Oryx this week but I'll run the whole raid if need be
TheVarian
AG
I do. And I need to do Atheon too if anyone is up for that?
LPHA
AG
I need atheon too. I can probably get one or two more that need to kill him for the quest too, but I can't say for sure
LPHA
AG
Got a 310 Monte Carlo from a legendary engram. My first 310 exotic!
howdydamnit04
AG
FYI looks like the Black Spindle Daily Mission is back for y'all who didn't get it last time.
dcaggie04
AG
I knew it was going to be on a day that I won't be on.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I knew it was going to be on a day that I won't be on.
I know that feeling. Monday night is usually the most sacred TV night with my wife, but I have negotiated enough time to get zee Spindle this evening.
Arkyd
AG
I also still need the Spindle. I should probably be able to get on sometime this evening, if anyone needs an extra man for the attempt(s).
bevokilla
AG
howdydamnit04
AG
It shouldn't be too tough to do this go around. Everyones light level has jumped a good bit since last time so doubt there will be the struggles. Happy to help if I'm on.
agonizing monkey
AG
Anyone doing the raid later? I need to run it and the nightfall strike. My username: agonizing monkey
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Anyone doing the raid later? I need to run it and the nightfall strike. My username: agonizing monkey
Xbox One, right?
agonizing monkey
AG
yep, xbox one.
Arkyd
AG
Successfully got my Black Spindle last night. Thanks again to howdydamnit04 and Agmaniacmike12 for the assist!
howdydamnit04
AG
Spindles for all!
LPHA
AG
Thanks to my friend from the100 I was able to get the rest of the 45 fragments and get to the last part of the quest. And I got a 310 ruin wings. 301 *****es!
LPHA
AG
Anyone feel like, or need to do the last Touch of Malice mission?
LPHA
AG
Got it!
Spinnaker96
AG
Congrats! ToM is KEY for the Raid, especially Hard Mode.

Sooo....does everyone have their raids in for the week?
TheVarian
AG
I'll be on tonight if anyone is feeling fiesty
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Got it!
Sweet. I've been needing to do that last mission for about a week, but haven't gotten it in. Need to ASAP.
LPHA
AG
The last mission got a little hairy. If you want backup, I'm happy to help.

Tiny Pumpkins

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.