*** Silicon Valley Season 2 ***

105,251 Views | 611 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
Fresh Off The Boat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think I laughed at a Russ joke for the first time in the past two episodes.

The two scenes that got me were when he was talking about his girlfriend "She has some ideas on Jews... some very bad ideas..."

and then the "Shes so dumb, I said limes. I mean she's so stupid she has no idea what I'm even saying right now."
easttexasaggie04
AG
Love this show.
Rudyjax
AG
That show is so funny.
Ragoo
AG
Jared is probably the best character. The gilfoyle/dinesh relationship is also funny.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
It's OJ... which he accepts because he has internalized it as "Original Jared" which is now a compliment to him.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Max Power
AG
Loved it when Gavin Belson introduced Baghead. This was a really solid episode, this season has been pretty weak compared to the first but lots of laughs there this time around.
Deputy Travis Junior
Richard: "**** you, you..."

Erlich: "metal-dicked piece of ****"

Richard: "... You metal-dicked piece of ****"
double aught
AG
Loved that part.

F***ing cyborg.
Thats Not My Name
So can I burn garbage?
Sentinel
AG
Do you think you sweat through your urethra?
Al Bula
AG
I sleep Dick up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I laughed for a good 30 seconds at that.
Red Five
AG
Again, I have to stress that what the monkey chooses to do with the technology is not an indictment of the technology itself.
TCTTS
AG
Hardest I've laughed at any episode this season. And I've laughed A LOT this season. The monkey thing had me cracking up so bad I had to pause it. So much greatness packed into a single half hour.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Man I wish this show was an hr. It's genius.
double aught
AG
Save some battery.
Hickory High
AG
I LOVED the plot progression in this episode
WestTxAg06
AG
Throwing down on the neighbor was greatness.

"His rent will be very reasonable! And his utilities will be included!"
Sentinel
AG
He speaks German in the night!
rhutton125
AG
A lot of amazing companies started off as illegal businesses running from peoples' garages. Microsoft, Apple, Hewlett Packard... even, Aviatto..
Muy
AG
Hooli project team is in trouble, and Big Head's gonna take the blame and not care at all, like everything else in his life.
easttexasaggie04
AG
This show just keeps getting better. Love it.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Hooli project team is in trouble, and Big Head's gonna take the blame and not care at all, like everything else in his life.
The revelation that Hooli's Nucleus team is way behind really caught me off guard, especially since the half-hour flew by and I didn't expect the show to end right there.

This creates an interesting plot development. The Pied Piper-Nucleus feud has been predicated on the assumption (by both parties) that Gavin had the resources to do things bigger, better, and quicker. From the Nucleus reveal that caused Richard to re-write the algorithm at TechCrunch, to the lawsuit threat, and to the fear that Gavin could reverse engineer Nucleus and release it before Richard. But....what if he can't? What if Hooli isn't infallible?

Gavin promoting Big Head for lawsuit purposes might also have the double effect of having the easy fall guy...and lord knows Erlich would go on a Spite Tour like nothing ever seen before...this sets up very interesting.
double aught
AG
So did Dinesh fry all the servers, costing them $$? Or did he just knock the power off?
Bunk Moreland
just knocked the power off.
Red Five
AG
I thought Gilfoyle said that he had fried the servers. Maybe I misunderstood though.
Bunk Moreland
oh. Maybe he did. I just assumed when the power shot back up and running, that was the end of that.
UnderoosAg
AG
Gilfoyle said he bypassed the meter to help reduce costs, something about not having connected the UPS yet, and that by turning everything on the surge "fragged the whole system." At first I thought he implied Dinesh had roasted all their equipment, but with the whole neighbor thing it was just utility power they lost.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah. It was simply used as a tool to invite the neighbor back over to call them out on running a business out of their garage. And also to get that great Erlich scene at the neighbor's front door.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Yeah. It was simply used as a tool to invite the neighbor back over to call them out on running a business out of their garage. And also to get that great Erlich scene at the neighbor's front door.

This. I doubt it affects the plot going forward at all.
Deputy Travis Junior
Reddit has a few translations of the crap Jared was screaming:

some bits I couldn't make out, but he was shrieking about something terrible that happened in a cellar. the first line was along the lines of "but can they all be dead?" there was reference to cutting someone such that they bleed out, and one of the howls after Richard left the room was "get in the cellar, *****!"
something really bad happened in a cellar, basically

Nein, das ist was sie wollen. Aber wie koennen sie alle tot sein? laughs Ich werde mich an ihren Kranz schleissen (??) und in den Kehle aufschlitzen
translates roughly to
No, that's what they (you?) want. But how can they all be dead? laughs I will wear out their wreath (????) and slit their throats.
edit 2: At 22:10
Nicht wille stehen! (?? I'm sure the writers made sure that what he was saying was correct but his accent is so terrible I can't make out what he's screaming.) ...an ihren Kranz schleissen und in den Kehle aufschlitzen. (after this he just repeats the last line. When Richard leaves it's completely muffled.)
which kind of translates to
I don't want to stand! ...wear out their wreath and slit their throats.
Again, I'm sure the writers wrote out perfectly intelligible and grammatically correct German but Jared messed it up in both regards.

I gave it another shot. As he is very hard to understand I could not understand all of what he was saying.
Scene 1: Nein ... und in den Keller ... ich werde mich an ihn ranschleichen und ihm die Kehle aufschlitzen ...
Roughly translates to: No ... and in the cellar ... I will sneak up on him and cut his throat.
Scene 2: Nicht widerstehen ... ich werde mich an ihn ranschleichen und ihm die Kehle aufschlitzen ... er wrde mich nie kommen sehen ... stirb ... stirb ... Gefngnis
Roughly translates to: Do not resist (or maybe can't resist) ... I will sneak up on him and cut his throat ... he would never see me coming ... die ... die ... prison.

So Jared saw somebody get murdered in a cellar or something like that.
bkag9824
AG
Anybody else appreciate how the Asian guy who can barely speak english consistently screws with Erlich's omniscience?

Centerpole90
AG
Background on the Monkey Scene
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Reddit has a few translations of the crap Jared was screaming:

some bits I couldn't make out, but he was shrieking about something terrible that happened in a cellar. the first line was along the lines of "but can they all be dead?" there was reference to cutting someone such that they bleed out, and one of the howls after Richard left the room was "get in the cellar, *****!"
something really bad happened in a cellar, basically

Nein, das ist was sie wollen. Aber wie koennen sie alle tot sein? laughs Ich werde mich an ihren Kranz schleissen (??) und in den Kehle aufschlitzen
translates roughly to
No, that's what they (you?) want. But how can they all be dead? laughs I will wear out their wreath (????) and slit their throats.
edit 2: At 22:10
Nicht wille stehen! (?? I'm sure the writers made sure that what he was saying was correct but his accent is so terrible I can't make out what he's screaming.) ...an ihren Kranz schleissen und in den Kehle aufschlitzen. (after this he just repeats the last line. When Richard leaves it's completely muffled.)
which kind of translates to
I don't want to stand! ...wear out their wreath and slit their throats.
Again, I'm sure the writers wrote out perfectly intelligible and grammatically correct German but Jared messed it up in both regards.

I gave it another shot. As he is very hard to understand I could not understand all of what he was saying.
Scene 1: Nein ... und in den Keller ... ich werde mich an ihn ranschleichen und ihm die Kehle aufschlitzen ...
Roughly translates to: No ... and in the cellar ... I will sneak up on him and cut his throat.
Scene 2: Nicht widerstehen ... ich werde mich an ihn ranschleichen und ihm die Kehle aufschlitzen ... er wrde mich nie kommen sehen ... stirb ... stirb ... Gefngnis
Roughly translates to: Do not resist (or maybe can't resist) ... I will sneak up on him and cut his throat ... he would never see me coming ... die ... die ... prison.

So Jared saw somebody get murdered in a cellar or something like that.

Holy ****
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Anybody else appreciate how the Asian guy who can barely speak english consistently screws with Erlich's omniscience?

Oh absolutely. I assume he's living there because he's working on an app, but have they ever showed him working?

I went back and rewatched last week's episode again last night and noticed when they're at the Muir Woods thing, he tells the lady to look again for Erlich on the list and says "the name is E-R-I-C-A-R."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.