*** Silicon Valley Season 2 ***

105,270 Views | 611 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That, of course, followed their lame-o commercial. I loved the little girl with the nasal cannula spinning around. Lol.
COOL LASER FALCON
That was hilarious.

My first reaction was to audibly groan with the "female Peter Gregory" but I think she pulled it off. The sitting/ standing thing with Monica was a bit I don't think we would have seen with Peter Gregory. He was even too dry for that.

Great episode. Continued their trend of getting better each week.
Muy
AG
quote:
Didn't laugh once

Hope the show recovers bc that was bad

Someone went negative and got the best term sheet.
Muy
AG
Haven't read the whole thread, but interestingly this exact scenario (raising too much vc cash too early) nailed this guy....

http://www.businessinsider.com/get-satisfaction-founder-says-he-got-nothing-when-company-was-acquired-2015-4
MattTheBrave
AG
Oh and your logo looks like a sideways vagina, which I find racist.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Enjoyed the first episode, but agree that replacing Peter Gregory with a female Peter Gregory is an odd choice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh yeah, forgot to mention.

Peter Gregory is dead.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Oh and your logo looks like a sideways vagina, which I find racist.

Then he asked the non-white guy for agreement.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Enjoyed the first episode, but agree that replacing Peter Gregory with a female Peter Gregory is an odd choice.
People keep writing this, but I don't think she's a female Peter Gregory. He was a lot more checked out and off in his own world than she seems to be. For example, when he ignored everyone and then went off on a weird rant on beetles affecting crop growth and how that had made him decide to invest in some farming company.

This lady just seems ultra data driven and socially awkward. I think as the show progresses, the differences will become a little more apparent.
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
People keep writing this, but I don't think she's a female Peter Gregory. He was a lot more checked out and off in his own world than she seems to be. For example, when he ignored everyone and then went off on a weird rant on beetles affecting crop growth and how that had made him decide to invest in some farming company.

This lady just seems ultra data driven and socially awkward. I think as the show progresses, the differences will become a little more apparent.
agreed with deputy
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
quote:

I saw a good point in a review: Gregory was completely socially unaware and goofy. She is aware of social cues, but she just completely and openly disregards them.
CoolAggie
AG
Some insight in this article :
http://www.fastcompany.com/3044845/most-creative-people/mike-judge-reveals-his-true-feelings-about-silicon-valley-the-place
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
It's basically like dating.

You put some nice clothes on and go out for the night. Some chick sees you, loves the way you look and what you're wearing. She starts rubbing on your junk. You get a handy on the first date. You start dating. (Series A)

Typically, she starts wanting more and more attention from you and you figure if you do a couple of different things (join a gym, buy a new car), she'll still like you. But you tell her you'll do all this stuff but you've got to get more physical. You want a BJ. She agrees, you join the gym, get swole and life goes on. (Series B).

This cycle can continue a while... And there are other things as well; Bridge Financing (side pieces) and equity, roll-overs, investment committees, etc, etc.

At some point, you're both clearly done with each other and you've already started looking around because, let's face it, chicks get old and ugly, so you've probably told her you don't think you should be exclusive anymore; and she agrees. You find a freaking amazing piece at some joint, you fall in love the moment you see her, you do the deed (first night) and keep the relationship going. (Exit to Private Equity or Strategic Partner).

That's about as simple as I can put it having worked at two VC companies, exited one and now at a PE shop.
Wow, this could have been actual dialogue in the show. Great work!
Complete Idiot
Thanks, Mike Judge, for getting me stuck playing Blockbuster Night Part 1 too many times this week
CTR14
Hahaha. "I know you're trying to look like crap on purpose but it's not working. You look great"
Sentinel
AG
Watched the first season and first episode of the second season today in time for the second episode. Holy crap I'm hooked!
Worm01
AG
This show is greatness, and it's primarily because of Erlich. Going through his genius from the first season, the funniest scene to me (save for the end-of-season dick joke) was after the shroom trip when he shows back up with that kid who he says is him.

"He's me. I've been reincarnated in the same time period in which I'm living and found the other me."

Jared: "I just got an Amber Alert for a Rogelio Nunez."

Sex Panther
AG
Lmao at that ending
Centerpole90
AG
Loved it. I probably laughed a little harder in the first one - but that doesn't take anything away from this one.

I waited and waited and waited as they went back around on the VC tour - I just KNEW someone was going to put their ballz on the table.
PooDoo
AG
Is the hot girl related to Molly Ringwald? She's like a way hotter version with a serious case of Ringwald mouth.
Centerpole90
AG
Oh, glad you mentioned that PooDoo,

I said it in Season 1, and it goes for this season too- Would. Wood. Multiple times.
Muy
AG
"They're brain raping us"
BQ78
AG
I found that episode less funny too, because it hit too close to home and accurately captures litigation and IP issues. Still really great show.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
Can one of you explain how the venture capital process works and the difference between Series A and Series B stuff?
It's basically like dating.

You put some nice clothes on and go out for the night. Some chick sees you, loves the way you look and what you're wearing. She starts rubbing on your junk. You get a handy on the first date. You start dating. (Series A)

Typically, she starts wanting more and more attention from you and you figure if you do a couple of different things (join a gym, buy a new car), she'll still like you. But you tell her you'll do all this stuff but you've got to get more physical. You want a BJ. She agrees, you join the gym, get swole and life goes on. (Series B).

This cycle can continue a while... And there are other things as well; Bridge Financing (side pieces) and equity, roll-overs, investment committees, etc, etc.

At some point, you're both clearly done with each other and you've already started looking around because, let's face it, chicks get old and ugly, so you've probably told her you don't think you should be exclusive anymore; and she agrees. You find a freaking amazing piece at some joint, you fall in love the moment you see her, you do the deed (first night) and keep the relationship going. (Exit to Private Equity or Strategic Partner).

That's about as simple as I can put it having worked at two VC companies, exited one and now at a PE shop.

Kudos to you. This is one of the best/most accurate things I have read on this board
LHIOB
AG
Its been a pretty underwhelming start to the season for me. Almost like they are trying too hard. I trust Judge to get it going but I found myself getting bored after a few minutes.
Muy
AG
Is the IPO essentially where everyone gang bangs you?
Fresh Off The Boat
"So you were upset by the decorum?"

Also, loved the mariachi band interruption ending. I wonder if they were able to do it in one take. I almost hope that Mike Judge didn't tell them what to expect, but to expect something and just let it play out.
Hickory High
AG
Last night's episode was a little too plot heavy, but I still enjoyed it
Duncan Idaho
That was one of the best scenes
bigbass1170
AG
Loved this episode
agmatt06
AG
I know you all were like me and sat there watching the band wondering if it was going to end and they were going to say something...
Mozart Paintings
AG
The best part of that last scene was the look and reactions of the two at the table. That is exactly how I feel when one of those damn bands comes up to my table. You barely acknowledge them, look once or twice and give them a failed smile, and just hope it ends and they go away.
Wes97
AG
Yeah that was great. He finally just gives up and starts eating chips and salsa. Great stuff.
boy09
AG
quote:
The best part of that last scene was the look and reactions of the two at the table. That is exactly how I feel when one of those damn bands comes up to my table. You barely acknowledge them, look once or twice and give them a failed smile, and just hope it ends and they go away.
John Mulaney's thoughts on hitmen/Mariachi Bands
Muy
AG
Definitely had you hooked watching the credits to see if anything else would happen. Nice long wait before Richard grabs the chips and salsa, had to be done on the fly.

As stupid as the Bro app was, Jared's excited about getting new Bros and how he essentially bro'd the VC firm back the same Bro but this time he believes it was inferred that this Bro was him being mad at them was stupidly hilarious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.