*** Silicon Valley Season 2 ***

105,259 Views | 611 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
WestTxAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I dunno, I think that's pretty funny

I agree. It was funniest because it came from Jared, trying so hard to be cool and accurately described by Dinesh as "the least cool person I've ever met."
Fresh Off The Boat
Dinesh would know, he's the cool cousin.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jared is the best.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Dinesh would know, he's the cool cousin.

It's different in Pakistan.
Sentinel
AG
When Russ meets the team.
double aught
AG
Pretty strong episode.

Erlich trying to impress Russ. "Let's go open an IPA, huh?"
Sentinel
AG
And Jared talking about "celebrating" was pretty funny too.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
"I'm putting on hats!" Killed me. Also the gilfoyle dinesh interactions are always awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
"You know Russ I've been known to **** myself"
rhutton125
AG
This guy ****s.

No beheadings though alright? Just kidding - what's up MFer I'm Russ.
COOL LASER FALCON
I didn't think it was that great of an episode, but I did like how the billboards (despite being so stupid and terrible) did actually goad the Hooli guy.
Centerpole90
AG
Rich people have it much harder than the Jews.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I didn't think it was that great of an episode, but I did like how the billboards (despite being so stupid and terrible) did actually goad the Hooli guy.

I think that's what you're going to see from Russ, is that he will meddle with Pied Piper, be an insufferable dbag, but he'll also do things where you somewhat go "ok, maybe there is an actual vision with some of the crap he's doing" to keep him somewhat intriguing.

Overall not my favorite episode, but still really enjoyed it. Erlich having to deal with a dbag who outclasses his dbagedness in every category was pretty great.
LHIOB
AG
Another really blah episode. I don't know what it is but they don't have the edge they had last year.
R0GUE
AG
"Does synergy mean taking a big stack of cash and then lighting it on fire?"

"THIS FU$%ING GUY!!!"
Sentinel
AG
In fairness last season took a while to build up. Give it another episode or two.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
In fairness last season took a while to build up. Give it another episode or two.
True but they were also establishing the characters. Its not the story thats lacking, its the characters that just aren't where they were last year. The story is actually really good and provides a multiple different directions to take the Pied Piper crew.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
True but they were also establishing the characters. Its not the story thats lacking, its the characters that just aren't where they were last year. The story is actually really good and provides a multiple different directions to take the Pied Piper crew.
agreed. the characters just aren't cutting it this season. plus, they need to get rid of the Laurie character ASAP. she is absolutely terrible. i mean terrible.
bkag9824
AG
Bunk Moreland
They've been angling for it for a while, so it appears by next week Monica will be leaving her job and joining Pied Piper. That should help.

For those saying "well last season was only slow to start because they were introducing new characters.."...understand that they have to do that as well here. Guys, Peter Gregory is dead.

In all seriousness though, that obviously caused a lot of change to the direction of the story, which meant we were going to have to see some new characters and go through that again this season. Also, I'm not quite sure what you all expect from the show. It's Mike Judge. These episodes feel very much in his mold, just like his previous work on other shows/movies. There aren't any major differences from week to week other than a few lines or difference in screen time for certain characters. I just fail to see some "dropoff" that many others feel they are seeing.

If you want 30 minutes of hilarious one-liner chaos, wait 30 minutes and watch Veep. They are both great shows, but the comedy is very different in each. Veep is a parody of what a real-life situation would be like, with a hint of realness. Silicon Valley is much heavier on the "real," and less on the parody. Judge just creates characters to all have quirks that are hilarious, but equally more realistic feelings.
rhutton125
AG
Agreed - she might not be a 100% Peter Gregory clone but she isn't different enough - or unique enough - to be enjoyable.

Guys... Peter Gregory is dead.
JJxvi
AG
So...does the new guy own a basketball team?
Sex Panther
AG
Some of you guys kill me... the show is exactly the same as last season. Building up for what? This isn't Mad Men. Usually we wait til season 4 or 5 to start saying a show isn't funny anymore.

And you're forgetting the most important thing... Peter Gregory, is dead.
Duncan Idaho
She is the hottest thing on HBO next to JLD on veep
Post removed:
by user
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Margeary Tyrell is mine

Duncan Idaho
She places too much reliance on that crooked, pouty smirk of hers.

it went from hot to cute to annoying in about 1 season of the Tudors.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Some of you guys kill me... the show is exactly the same as last season. Building up for what? This isn't Mad Men. Usually we wait til season 4 or 5 to start saying a show isn't funny anymore.

THIS. Almost posted the exact same thing. I've laughed just as much, if not more, this season than I had at this point last season. You guys know I over-analyze movies/shows more than just about anyone, but I cannot imagine critiquing something like Silicon Valley the way some of you are on this thread.
Sex Panther
AG
Monica is in Sex Drive, which is an extremely underrated teen sex comedy. Clark Duke and James Marsden are hilarious.
easttexasaggie04
AG
HBO is on a roll. Really like this show, Veep, and GOT.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Totally agree.

Stop working the mouth, you are creeping me out.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Silicon Valley is much heavier on the "real," and less on the parody.
Definitely much heavier on the "real"
Sentinel
AG
Holy crap.
La Fours
AG
Wow.
MW03
AG
PS, the song from the credits, cause I know you loved it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.