*** Silicon Valley Season 2 ***

105,306 Views | 611 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Say Medici again."

"Medi-"

"Shut the **** up."
TCTTS
AG
"Dilated anuses aside..."
Muy
AG
Just watching Erlich (who was so eager to get on the stand) get berated for all the failed startups that he boasts about incessantly was pure greatness.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Just watching Erlich (who was so eager to get on the stand) get berated for all the failed startups that he boasts about incessantly was pure greatness.

That was fantastic, Lloyd Braun telling him there was absolutely no chance they would put him on the stand, then the light goes off and he figures out how to use Erlich to combat Big Head's "pathological modesty."
Sex Panther
AG
I was cracking up at Bighead's entrance to the hearing
Muy
AG
The sheer sight of Bighead being loaded and having no idea why was a great way to utilize his character, creating more entertainment/anger around the ridiculous nature of Silicon Valley, albeit a hyperbole of epic proportions.
El Chupacabra
Much funnier this week than last, but I'm glad it's only 1/2 hour. The 'Lucy pulling the football' bit is getting to be obnoxious at this point.
Seven Costanza
AG
quote:
The 'Lucy pulling the football' bit is getting to be obnoxious at this point.
Agreed
Jim01
AG
Exactly!! The formulaic plot of each episode is wearing thin. When Erlich was on the bench I was just waiting for his to predictably screw up, which he did.

Luckily the laughs are good enough to carry the show, but they need to work on the repetitiveness

It also doesn't help that it sits side by side with VEEP which handles the balance of episode arc vs season arc so masterfully.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
The 'Lucy pulling the football' bit is getting to be obnoxious at this point.
Agreed
x3
Deputy Travis Junior
This season is going to end with Hooli being awarded some significant portion of the company (let's just say 10%), which means next season is going to have Russ, Richard, and Gavin "working" together. That should be hilarious.
Red Five
AG
Since I don't know anything about law, would it matter that the version of Pied Piper that Richard tested on the Hooli computer was completely scrapped at the Disrupt competition? Hooli already has that algorithm, they reverse engineered it from the original app. Pied Piper's current incarnation was built on the fly after Richard had already quit his job at Hooli.
Deputy Travis Junior
In reality? Assuming that the old code didn't make it into the new version, it would. But it looks like the writers and producers forgot that little detail (because the characters sure wouldn't) or we're just supposed to assume that pieces of the old version are in the new one.
Duncan Idaho
You never get all your old code out. Never.

Ever.

Plus they could claim the new version is derived from the old.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
This season is going to end with Hooli being awarded some significant portion of the company (let's just say 10%), which means next season is going to have Russ, Richard, and Gavin "working" together. That should be hilarious.

That would be great
Deputy Travis Junior
Speaking of law, the scene with the lawyers was friggin hilarious. Richard's guy and Gavin's 3 are stepping in before every sentence and sanitizing every word to avoid any potential legal misstep, and then it turns out that the lawyers on both sides that would be suing each other are good friends. Not to mention Gavin trying to control his rage. "If you don't give me my phone, I'm going to find you, bend you over, and **** you so hard your front teeth..." (enter lawyers)

This show does it for me every single week. Gonna miss it after the next ep...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm his girlfriend! I was the one that was in the shop for three days cause he hit it so hard I needed a doctor!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Something that caught my attention in the preview for next week...

Dinesh is watching the Condor Cam, and the views have jumped (during the preview snips) from 7,026 when the Ranger first falls into the ravine, to 20,085 when they need to "scale up to handle that capapicty" into the 148,000+ range (good right?)... I mean that is "streaming" live numbers is Hi-Def...

But then Dinesh says...

"We are going to fail by succeeding" which seems to be the opposite of what you'd expect...

I wonder if part of their legal solution is to prove that Pied Piper is a failure, and this Ranger Calamity that is bringing all the viewers is going to Fail (the legal case) by Succeeding (with the algorithm trials)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Or maybe he just means, they're going to fail (the system) by succeeding (bringing in so many viewers to watch a man suffer and potentially die on live stream)
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:

It also doesn't help that it sits side by side with VEEP which handles the balance of episode arc vs season arc so masterfully.
mavsfan4ever
AG
quote:
Or maybe he just means, they're going to fail (the system) by succeeding (bringing in so many viewers to watch a man suffer and potentially die on live stream)
I think this is it. It wouldn't really matter if they "prove" Pied Piper is a failure. Hooli would still be entitled to it, so they wouldn't have all of their work, code, etc. Hooli would have everything.
Post removed:
by user
Professor Frick
AG
That seems like a possibly uncomfortable and hygienically irresponsible way to take in a program.
Post removed:
by user
MicheIangeIo
AG
bigboykin
AG
Live condor cam on the Pied Piper website now.

http://www.piedpiper.com
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Live condor cam on the Pied Piper website now.

http://www.piedpiper.com

Mike Judge and his team on this show are just showing off now ... So good
COOL LASER FALCON
Disclaimer on their website

The old Pied Piper "flute player" logo was referencing the fairy-tale character and in no way was meant to suggest a sexual act involving either the mouth or ear of the figure depicted. Apologies to any who were offended, and the logo has been changed to our current green "PP"!
Red Five
AG
The bios for Dinesh and Gilfoyle are pretty great.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Disclaimer on their website

The old Pied Piper "flute player" logo was referencing the fairy-tale character and in no way was meant to suggest a sexual act involving either the mouth or ear of the figure depicted. Apologies to any who were offended, and the logo has been changed to our current green "PP"!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
Jared founded Take Back Take Back The Night.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Complete Idiot
Pied Piper feels like the main character - personally I'd rather focus on the employees.

I enjoy the show and look forward to season 3.
Deputy Travis Junior
I thought this episode was mediocre. Richard's walk home was straight out of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, but it worked alright. Bighead running Hooli is going to be pretty funny.
Muy
AG
I can't tell if they crushed it tonight or it was mediocre.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.