*** Silicon Valley Season 2 ***

105,284 Views | 611 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Some of you guys kill me... the show is exactly the same as last season. Building up for what? This isn't Mad Men. Usually we wait til season 4 or 5 to start saying a show isn't funny anymore.

THIS. Almost posted the exact same thing. I've laughed just as much, if not more, this season than I had at this point last season. You guys know I over-analyze movies/shows more than just about anyone, but I cannot imagine critiquing something like Silicon Valley the way some of you are on this thread.

Agreed. That episode was the funniest of the season.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Some of you guys kill me... the show is exactly the same as last season. Building up for what? This isn't Mad Men. Usually we wait til season 4 or 5 to start saying a show isn't funny anymore.

THIS. Almost posted the exact same thing. I've laughed just as much, if not more, this season than I had at this point last season. You guys know I over-analyze movies/shows more than just about anyone, but I cannot imagine critiquing something like Silicon Valley the way some of you are on this thread.

Definitely disagree.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark Cuban
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Definitely disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Definitely disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement.

I agree with your disagreement.

Rudyjax
AG
The best part of the internet. Reading from people complaining about tv shows.

If you dont like it, dont watch.
MW03
AG
The problem is that your lasting memory of season one was not only the best joke of the entire season, but also happened to be the solution to an entire season of tension. That's why it was so great; not only was of funny, but it moved the plot forward. It was impossibly clever and imminently satisfying.

I don't think that lasting memory can reasonably be considered the bar by which the series can be judged episode by episode.
Rudyjax
AG
I found this season entertaining and enjoyable, but not as funny as this last episode.

This one was the funniest.
WestTxAg06
AG
"I'm an independent businessman, emphasis on the independent. Also the business...and the man too."
Deputy Travis Junior
The billboards were just hilarious.

"This is the most hostile and aggressive act of provocation I've ever had to endure. It crosses every line of decency. This is war!"

Also, nerd alert but the billboard number was 42 in binary:
AggieMavsfan
AG
I'm content to just laugh at this show, and not worry about how it stacks up against all the other shows I watch. It's easy Sunday night viewing. Like Entourage, but nerdier and more entertaining.

I do hope they avoid having Monica and Richard go out like they were hinting at the end of season 1. Richard deserves someone, but him hooking up with Monica won't be realistic. Money does talk, but she's hot enough that she could easily find someone rich and not nearly as awkward as Richard.
COOL LASER FALCON
Not directly about the show, but the guy who plays Richard (Thomas Middleditch) was on Nerdist recently. Pretty funny episode, but my biggest takeaway was just how incredibly different he is than his character.
Bunk Moreland
She has spent her business life being surrounded by nerds and socially awkward people in SV. It's not that far out of the realm. Once you are any industry for long enough, you start to understand what makes people in those fields tick, and you relate to it as well.

I don't think it would be too crazy to have that happen, which I agree we will see at some point.

Wouldn't mind a dating period, then going to friends with that Jerry/Elaine style relationship afterwards...where there was always some sort of spark, but the friendship is just better for all.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
I'm content to just laugh at this show, and not worry about how it stacks up against all the other shows I watch. It's easy Sunday night viewing. Like Entourage, but nerdier and more entertaining.

I do hope they avoid having Monica and Richard go out like they were hinting at the end of season 1. Richard deserves someone, but him hooking up with Monica won't be realistic. Money does talk, but she's hot enough that she could easily find someone rich and not nearly as awkward as Richard.
richard belongs with someone like Gail the Snail

WestTxAg06
AG
quote:

This. I guess people find Veep funny--I tried it last year and was exceedingly unimpressed--but I don't need a SV thread filled with posts explaining how Veep is so much better.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was surfing the internet and came across a shocking piece of information --

Peter Gregory is dead.
InternetFan02
AG
This week was maybe the funniest of the series. Gonna have to watch it again to catch what I was laughing over. Every little thing about this show cracks me up for some reason. Every time Richard or Jared speaks - doesn't matter what they say. And I'm always observing the cheap gas station food all over the house - it culminated this week with the cut to BigHead and his Double Gulp plus 7-11 entree.

It's about the same with Veep
BJM1781
AG
Yup. The actor died while the first season was airing.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
I was surfing the internet and came across a shocking piece of information --

Peter Gregory is dead.

I don't believe you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Erlich and Jared can say almost anything and it's funny to me.
Complete Idiot
quote:
Yup. The actor died while the first season was airing.
Peter Gregory is dead.
shalackin
AG
SV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Veep (which sucks)
FtBendTxAg
AG
SV is hilarious, but saying Veep sucks is beyond ****ing retarded.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
SV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Veep (which sucks)

Did your parents have any children that survived?
TCTTS
AG
The second I finish a Silicon Valley episode = "That's the funniest show on TV."

The second I finish a Veep episode = "That's the funniest show on TV."

Why can't BOTH shows be equally hilarious? Why is there always this need to pick one or rank one above the other?

Regardless, to say that Veep sucks is, in fact, completely asinine. It may not be your type of humor, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It is, hands down, an objectively smart (and for most people, hilarious) show.
Bunk Moreland
I really dont get why we're talking about both shows in a sense of comparison. They are worlds different. The only thing they share in common is they come on the same channel
heisatouchdown
AG
"Do you actually talk like that?"

I can tell that Russ is going to be a character I hate. I bet he somehow sleeps with Monica.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
"Do you actually talk like that?"

I can tell that Russ is going to be a character I hate. I bet he somehow sleeps with Monica.

I mean this guy ****s..amirite? This guy ****s.
Bunk Moreland
Monica: "Guys, he has calf implants"
Erlich: "how do they look?"
double aught
AG
Russ is funny, but a little goes a long way with him.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Jared talking about his morning celebration was the best part of the episode by far. His tone and facial expressions were great.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
Jared talking about his morning celebration was the best part of the episode by far. His tone and facial expressions were great.

Absolutely.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
I really dont get why we're talking about both shows in a sense of comparison. They are worlds different. The only thing they share in common is they come on the same channel

I think Veep is the new Arrested Development--people who love it bring it into every conversation, inexplicable to the rest of us.
20ag07
It makes total sense that the people that don't get the greatness of Veep also didn't get Arrestd Development.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
It makes total sense that the people that don't get the greatness of Veep also didn't get Arrestd Development.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.