*** Silicon Valley Season 2 ***

105,293 Views | 611 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
WestTxAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It makes total sense that the people that don't get the greatness of Veep also didn't get Arrestd Development.

The next time I laugh at Arrested Development will be the first.
20ag07
And you've probably laughs plenty at Big Bang Theory.

HBO is chasing a mostly mainstream audience with SV that they haven't since Entourage. And doing a good job with it. SV is their CBS sitcom equivalent and Veep is their NBC sitcom equivalent. Both have their place. And some people have better taste.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
It makes total sense that the people that don't get the greatness of Veep also didn't get Arrestd Development.

Hickory High
AG
Arrested Development is probably the funniest show I've ever watched. Still haven't watched Veep though.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Comparing SV to Big Bang theory should be a perma!

Oh and as a fan of SV and Veep, get over yourself. Just because veep has less dick jokes doesn't make it smarter.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

What the what?I
Fresh Off The Boat
Just re-watched the episode, I love that Russ came rolling up to Richard blaring Limp Bizkit in 2015.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
quote:

I pray you are trolling.
Whos Juan
AG
bigboykin
AG
Silicon Valley, Veep, and Arrested Development might all end up top 20 all-time comedies. No need to argue about which is better, just enjoy. Some of y'all must've forgotten your snack dick.

Russ is hilarious, and Ehrlich's response to being out-d-bagged is freaking gold. Jared kills it, as the straight man with his angry 'bro's. Dinesh and Guilfoyle play friendly rivals to perfection. Mike Judge is brilliant.
Hickory High
AG
quote:

I really don't know who's impression I like best
Sentinel
AG
Dinesh
double aught
AG
His eyebrows.
Sentinel
AG
"We're not friends."
"See? It's hilarious."
Centerpole90
AG
Original Jared.
Vince Blake
Jared being referred to as the "effeminate k.d. lang"...genius
Fresh Off The Boat
I like the new girl in the cast. I have a feeling she's going to sleep with OJ.

I mean, he ****s, am I right?
Complete Idiot
"Then he a-cried....in Taco Bell"
Bones08
AG
http://www.hooli.xyz/
Al Bula
AG
carla is cute. and "C#nty" was f cking hilarious.
FredMc92
It says here on your resume that from 2010 - 2011, you "crushed it"?

Best episode of the season for me.
Post removed:
by user
COOL LASER FALCON
That was awesome. Lots of hilarious parts, but my favorite might have been Ehrlich's "never forget" shirt.
rhutton125
AG
I didn't really laugh at this episode, aside from Jinyang talking about going to Taco Bell. I like the new additions, it just... kinda fell flat this time around, I guess.
NoHo Hank
AG
quote:
I didn't really laugh at this episode, aside from Jinyang talking about going to Taco Bell. I like the new additions, it just... kinda fell flat this time around, I guess.

Man different strokes I guess. I thought this may have been the funniest episode to date. So many funny parts. Erlich telling Richard to call him a Metal dick piece of ****, and you know full well that's what he said when the cyborg turned him down at aviato.

The cold opener was also pure Mike Judge. The talk about hostile work environments and none of the programmers caring one bit. I thought it was a riot.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I thought the whole affirmative action thing getting called out was the best part of the episode. Jared caught between a rock and a hard place is always funny. And I can really see this new girl ****ing with dinesh and gilfoyle a lot, it brings a new dynamic in their relationship, which people on here were saying was beginning to go stale.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
I thought the whole affirmative action thing getting called out was the best part of the episode. Jared caught between a rock and a hard place is always funny. And I can really see this new girl ****ing with dinesh and gilfoyle a lot, it brings a new dynamic in their relationship, which people on here were saying was beginning to go stale.

Her buying the fake D&G bag just to jack with them was fantastic.

I was rolling at Jared (OJ?) trying to work himself out of the corner about hiring her because she's a woman.
Complete Idiot
Other than the taco bell line I laughed hardest at next week's preview when Jared was shouting german in his sleep.
cajunaggie08
AG
My wife pissed her pants laughing when Erlich noticed Jian Yang burning trash at the end. Granted she's 8 months pregnant and almost anything causes her to piss her pants.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
Other than the taco bell line I laughed hardest at next week's preview when Jared was shouting german in his sleep.

Same thing for me.
MW03
AG
My favorite episode of the season. Laughed hardest at Russ' girl picking lemons instead of limes.
JAggie2007
AG
Of course Russ' kid was named something like Aspen.
israeliag
AG
Great episode. I feel like they were a bit off this season, but with this episodes they hit their groove - and with a new taste given the new characters. The d-bag angel investor and the punk-programmer-chick are great additions and give it a freshness.

But so much humor in this episode. I lost it when they were trying to explain the need/desire to hire a woman, but not because she's a woman. But that she is one is good, but not a necessity. So much truth in it too.

And that hooli.xyz site! "IT TAKES A BIG HEAD TO DREAM BIG"
SpreadsheetAg
AG
OJ: Okay Richard, last interview of the day. Dinesh, Gilfoyle, thisi ssomeone you recommended I contact. Carla Walton.
Dinesh: Yeah, we hung out with her a bunch at the last SF* Tech meet up.
Gilfoyle: yeah, her code is ****ing great.
Richard: She was head of Engineering at Earcast?
Dinesh: She WAS Engineering at Earcast. She built that whole system on her own
OJ: You know what excites me the most? There's a distinct over-representation of men in this company. Look around. I think it would behhove us to prioritize hiring a woman.
Gilfoyle: I disagree with you OJ. I think we should hire the best person for the job. Period.
Dinesh: And Carla is one of the best.
OJ: Right. Let me re-phrase. I think having a woman in the company is important, but hiring someone only because they're a woman is bad. I would never compromise Pied Piper.
Richard: Okay, Just to be clear, our top priority is to hire the most qualified person available, right?
OJ: Of course.
Dinesh: But, it would be better, if that someone was a woman, even though the "woman" part of that statement is irrelevant?
OJ: Exactly. It's like we're The Beatles, and now we just need Yoko.
Dinesh: That's the worst example you coulda used...
LHIOB
AG
This episode was better than the first few. I think they are trying too hard with Russ. Carla is a good addition and should provide for some good stuff with Gilfolye and Dinesh. Erlich just seems off this year. Not sure what it is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.