Guardians of the Galaxy discussion

66,851 Views | 544 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
boboguitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ComiCon Poster

I look forward to the expert analysis of this board as to why this poster is trash and doesn't reflect the script.
The Debt
So Bane is in this too?
Sex Panther
AG
I don't like the three planets in the background. It's unneccesary. We already know it takes place in space.
jeffk
AG
It's obviously a reference to the triune nature of the Christian God and a slam on atheism.
Saxsoon
AG
What is this, 50 Shades of Blue?
BigRobSA
Oh, jeesus!

Look at those colors!

Did the "gay mafia" make this thing?!?!

*How am I doing? I'm new to this Make-fun-of-movie-art game.
FL_Ag1998
AG
So obviously sexist and anti-animal rights its not even funny. This is a group of heroes, yet they very clearly put the white, anglo-Saxon male front and center and much more prominent than the other minority characters. And then the lone female is the second smallest, with the poor raccoon relegated to a small indistinguishable ink blot. Damn you, mysogonist Hollywood studios!
TCTTS
COOL LASER FALCON
That poster is badass
AliasMan02
AG
One week from today
Bruce Almighty
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just realized that's my day off!!!!

BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
So obviously sexist and anti-animal rights its not even funny. This is a group of heroes, yet they very clearly put the white, anglo-Saxon male front and center and much more prominent than the other minority characters. And then the lone female is the second smallest, with the poor raccoon relegated to a small indistinguishable ink blot. Damn you, mysogonist Hollywood studios!

So full of win
Nonregdrummer09
AG
IGN and Comingsoon.net both have full reviews up, I only look at ratings and never read full reviews but Comingsoon gave it a 9/10 and IGN a 9.2/10, calling it one of the best Marvel films ever.
Sex Panther
AG
Early reviews on RT are glowing. 9 for 9 so far.
TCTTS
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
Early reviews on RT are glowing. 9 for 9 so far.

Still a bit early, but that's damn impressive.
Prime0882
AG
Nonregdrummer09
AG
13 reviews still 100%
aTmLoKi
AG
19/19
Madmarttigan
AG
I think I may be starting to feel some excitement.

Will have to go see, have liked the previews, but haven't been sure about going to drop the 15 bucks on a movie in a while. I think I'm sold, no movie ever gets 19/19 starting out lol.
jlb2957
AG
21/21

Starting to wonder when the contrarian will come into the picture and just dog the movie because it isn't The Godfather...
TCTTS
AG
^ It happened with Boyhood right around the 90th review, I think. Was perfect until that point. I have a feeling someone will give a negative GotG review sooner, though.
Bruce Almighty
AG
At least Armond White got booted off Rotten Tomatoes. How does anyone give a negative review to Toy Story 3?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
At least Armond White got booted off Rotten Tomatoes. How does anyone give a negative review to Toy Story 3?

I bet someone here complained about yet another sequel and said that Pixar eas "officially out of ideas."
Sex Panther
AG
Anytime a movie has a perfect score or well over 90 the bad reviews are always suspect. You don't get page clicks if you are one of a 100 positive reviews, but if you are one of the only negative ones, people will read your site.

I'm guessing it'll still land over a 90 and I don't need to be sold anymore. I'm officially super excited.
COOL LASER FALCON
^Truth. Someone even eventually gave Jack and Jill a positive review.
G Martin 87
AG
Probably not new to most of you, but what the hell. Extended jail scene --> http://youtu.be/DbHFSf47MIQ
GiveEmHellBill
AG
James Gunn officially coming back for Guardians 2.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/07/25/james-gunn-signs-on-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2/

Obviously, Marvel is pretty damn happy with the job he did to sign him up a whole week before the film even premieres.
TCTTS
AG
There was talk that Gunn might do Avengers 3 if Whedon leaves. My guess is that Guardians 2 will likely be the last phase three movie before A3, though, so there's no way he'd have time now. I'm still betting that 2019 date is for A3, to give Whedon extra time between movies.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Not only that, if A3 is the Infinity Gauntlet, the extra movies will help set up the size of the battle that will happen.
AliasMan02
AG
I hadn't considered it, but I do wonder if A3 will largely take part split-location. Guardians on a race against time in space with the Avengers fight the good fight on Earth.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I hadn't considered it, but I do wonder if A3 will largely take part split-location. Guardians on a race against time in space with the Avengers fight the good fight on Earth.

That would be sick.
AliasMan02
AG
This is why I should run things. TCTTS, can I crash on your couch while I try to make it as a big-picture idea guy in Hollywood? Should take no more than a couple of weeks.
TCTTS
AG
Sure thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.