Guardians of the Galaxy discussion

66,855 Views | 544 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The beginning was a little schizo because it jumped from planet to planet to space station to planet to space prison all in the span of a about 20 minutes. Once they got to the prison, the film started to find its groove
BigRobSA
I liked it a lot.

Never knew WTH it even was. Great fight scenes and good humor.
Hagen95
AG
This is what I expect from a summer movie. Awesome!
Engine10
AG
Another hit for Marvel! Loved groot and Rocket
DB Coach
AG
Absolutely fantastic movie!!!
OnlyForNow
AG
Going to see it at 11 tonorrow
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was awesome.
Scotty Flamingo
Glad you liked it Brian.. Weren't you kinda on the fence about it?
Brock Sampson
AG
I feel like I could quote this movie for days. Wow! That was a fantastic movie.
Brock Sampson
AG
Idea for a movie. Groot and Hodor meet up in an alternate universe and go about the world getting into all kinds of crazy shenanigans. Would be a Dumb and Dumber meets Rush Hour.
OnlyForNow
AG
I expected more out of the ending too.
Rex Racer
AG
Loved it! Incredibly fun movie.

I told my wife as we were leaving the theater, "this is what movies are supposed to be!"
OnlyForNow
AG
Really liked it, excited to see the universe brought together.
AliasMan02
AG
Thinking back on the movie today, I wonder where the Nova Corps will play in down the road. I bet we at least see a Nova Corpsman in Agents of SHIELD. I would think that Nova would be a good down-the-line addition to the Avengers, likely tied up with Captain Marvel's eventual inclusion.
Post removed:
by user
AliasMan02
AG
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3884&p=.htm

Projections up to $95 million for the first weekend.
toucan82
more

I want more!!!!!!
heddleston
AG
Aggie Fox, did you see it in regular 3d or Imax? Imax was fantastic and totally worth it
OnlyForNow
AG
I saw it as RPX and it was pretty damn awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Imax 3d was great.
agonizing monkey
AG
Most awesome Marvel movie ever!!!
Saxsoon
AG
Saw digital IMAX 3d and regular. 3d was great
Ambres
AG
Loved this movie!! Can't wait to see it again.. which maybe tonight.
R0GUE
AG
Seeing it a second time this afternoon!
tamusc
AG
Saw it a second time yesterday with some other friends who hadn't seen it yet.

Enjoyed it just as much as the first time.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
For all those who thought that Gamora wasn't as good as they'd hoped:

What was it that you didn't like? Zoe Saldana or how the character was written?

Personally, I was too busy watching with a dumb grin on my face to really notice any real flaws in the film, so I'm curious about this complaint.
AliasMan02
AG
I had a vision last night of playing a MCU open world video game set in the Guardians setting. Sort of Mass Effect, but with Kree-Xandar conflict at its center. Set it before the signed treaty that opened the movie, and make it canon.
Ambres
AG
GiveEmHellBill

Today, I figured out.. I didn't like the acting for Gamorra.. some scenes she was great.. then others.. not so much.. Zoe made her too soft. She was supposed to be feared assassin

Scenes that I didn't like (Zoe acting)
Jail entrance,up to the point they closed the door on her. (She acted scared.. think if she would have been more defiant it would have played better)

Script
Why did she choose to fly out in the open.. that failed the logic test. She had only to stall and line up her wingmen until they could make their way to the ship.

Why did she admit that she is betraying Ronin to complete stranger .. just cause they are walking to a jail together. Seems like that something she would have kept to herself.

Again, loved this movie but if I had to point out some weakness .. that would be it.
Seven Psycho Ags
This movie
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
GiveEmHellBill

Today, I figured out.. I didn't like the acting for Gamorra.. some scenes she was great.. then others.. not so much.. Zoe made her too soft. She was supposed to be feared assassin

Scenes that I didn't like (Zoe acting)
Jail entrance,up to the point they closed the door on her. (She acted scared.. think if she would have been more defiant it would have played better)

Script
Why did she choose to fly out in the open.. that failed the logic test. She had only to stall and line up her wingmen until they could make their way to the ship.

Why did she admit that she is betraying Ronin to complete stranger .. just cause they are walking to a jail together. Seems like that something she would have kept to herself.

Again, loved this movie but if I had to point out some weakness .. that would be it.

^This pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I've only read the New 52 Guardians, but the Gamora I'm familiar with doesn't show fear and isn't anywhere near as open with strangers as she was with Quill and the others when she first met them.
heisatouchdown
AG
Been avoiding this thread in case of potential spoilers, but saw this movie yesterday.

Simply amazing. For me this movie had a "new movie" feel much like Scott Pilgrim did when I saw it.
tremble
AG
I'm somewhat torn about what I really think about this movie. On the one hand, the humor and the dialogue was some of the most fun I have seen in a while. Pratt is an incredible performer and carried the movie for me.

That said, I don't think I was ever as drawn into the movie as I was during the very opening scene where Quill is at the hospital and, later on, with the end of the movie.

The plot seemed to be all over the damn place and I could really not connect with any of the villains or the supposed "good" Xandarians. All I got was that the Infinity Stone turns people into world destroying badasses and...yeah that's about it.

Thanos is just vaguely hanging around in the background. Ronan is just nuts. Honestly, asides Rocket and Groot, the rest of the Guardians felt flat to me.

There's a ton of great humor and it is an excellent summer flick but I just never felt into the movie, an issue I have not really had in a Marvel movie before. Maybe it has more to do with launching a new franchise with a ton of new faces than anything else.
Sex Panther
AG
I thought Ronan was a pretty good villain. Interesting juxtaposition with Quill and the gang being so funny and goofy, and Ronan being super serial and genocidal.

I also think Josh Brolin is kind of a flat casting decision for the voice of Thanos. I don't know anything about Thanos but if he really is the most powerful being in the universe, I just imagined him having this deep ominous voice, and instead you get Josh Brolin? I'm sure it will be fine but I actually think Lee Pace's (Ronan) voice would've been perfect for Thanos. He sounded much more intimidating.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Interesting juxtaposition with Quill and the gang being so funny and goofy, and Ronan being super serial and genocidal.

R: What are you doing?
Q: Dance off bro!
JonSnow
I normally hate 3D and go out of my way to avoid. But loved the movie and loved the 3D. I think it is worth it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.