Guardians of the Galaxy discussion

66,863 Views | 544 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Due to this movie I've started reading the newer Guardians of the Galaxy comics (img linked below). It is a good comic thus far with 6 issues offically out (including a 0.1 issue for backstory). Rocket Racoon's main contribution on every other page is "Blamo, murdered you".

Sex Panther
AG
That tweet is funny...

Who is the Iron Man looking guy?
toucan82
Iron Man

Marvel decided the book needed a more Earth-centric character who just happened to be in a few big movies
Ganondorf
AG
Correct. Iron Man is in the first few issues for sure, probably to help tie in the rest of the Marvel universe and attract new readers to the title.
Sex Panther
AG
Makes sense... I was thinking that guy just looks like a rip off of him.
TCTTS
AG
Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon? The more I think about it, the d*ckish/sarcastic version from Wedding Crashers/Hangover might actually be a prefect fit...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/22/how-handsome-is-guardians-of-the-galaxys-rocket-raccoon/

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 8/22/2013 8:06p).]
Sex Panther
AG
Not who I was thinking but yeah I think that would be a really solid fit. Especially if he goes with that exact combo that TCTTS suggested.
BillOnCapitolHill
Vince Vaughn as RR?
Max Power
AG
I would prefer Sam Rockwell myself, but Cooper might work.
Whos Juan
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
Nice. They look perfect (other than Drax looking a little too short compared to Pratt's Peter Quill, but that's an extremely minor detail).
TCTTS
AG
CONFIRMED:

Guardians of the Galaxy will have a Super Bowl spot.

Finally getting our first-look (sans Comic-Con bootleg footage) in less than two weeks...
Sex Panther
AG
"What a bunch of a-holes"
TCTTS
AG
LAME:

Now there may NOT be a Super Bowl spot. Apparently director James Gunn was either lying, misinformed, or was misunderstood. Either way, apparently no official announcement from Disney/Marvel yet.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 1/27/2014 6:30p).]
Sex Panther
AG
That sucks, seems like they'd definitely want to debut this during the Super Bowl.
TCTTS
AG
Official word from Gunn...

James Gunn @JamesGunn
For those of you asking about a #gotg Super Bowl spot, there will not be one but we will have something incredibly awesome for you soon.

Hopefully "soon" means a trailer in early February.
AliasMan02
AG
More and more excited to see more of this movie. The Collector tag at the end of Thor 2 was a good look at the directing, I think, which confirms what I've thought might be a good comparison in terms of feel: The Fifth Element. And that is JUST FINE by me.

Also, this is coming out at just the right time for Pratt. His stock is higher than ever and going up up up.
TCTTS
AG
- Pratt is lending his voice to the lead in the Lego movie next week, which I think will be a huge hit.

- He stars in Guardians of the Galaxy this August.

- The seventh, and likely final season of Park and Recreation will premiere a couple months later.

- The (likely) series finale will air May 2015.

- He'll star in Jurassic World a month after that in June 2015.

That's a pretty insane stretch.
Sex Panther
AG
Chris Pratt is in Jurassic World? Damn he is blowing up...

Kind of funny, I remember watching Parks and Rec the first season and looking him up and seeing he was married to Anna Faris, and I thought wow, she really settled below her star power. Flash forward a few years and he is about to be 10x as big as her.

He seems like an awesome guy, and his story is great. And Andy Dwyer is one of the best characters in tv history.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Marvel, once again, seems really ahead of the game with signing Pratt at the exact right moment.
TCTTS
AG
A trailer has finally, officially been CONFIRMED. Clocks in at 2:23 (around 2:30 with the green preview tag), and my guess is we could see it as early as Wednesday with RoboCop. That's the biggest release over the next few weeks, and Disney/Marvel doesn't have another movie to attach the trailer to until mid-March, so surely it'll be debuting here soon.
T Bow
Really would like the trailer to debut soon
fig96
AG
I'm really intrigued by this one, interesting cast and it's Marvel's first "risky" movie after using very well known characters for their first several films.

They've done very little wrong when it comes to their films so far, interested to see if they can make something much less grounded than most of their other films work as well.
TCTTS
AG
Obviously no trailer with RoboCop, since that came out today. The second I hear something, I'll let you guys know. Shouldn't be more than a couple weeks, regardless...
T Bow
Maybe with the new 300 now?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
"Shouldn't be more than a couple weeks"

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TCTTS
AG
Hell. Yes.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=94469
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Maybe with the new 300 now?

Potentially, but that's still over three weeks away. Once a trailer is registered, it's hardly ever more than a couple weeks until it debuts. Though, there are instances where it's been longer...
MrPlow2010
AG
could be showing it before Pompeii next week
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Looks like it'll be released on Feb. 18th.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Dear God, I must see this movie.

Remember, this is Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper in these clips....
Saxsoon
AG
I think Bradley Cooper just won Best Supporting Actor Oscar.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Looks like it'll be released on Feb. 18th.

Where did you read that?
TCTTS
AG
Nevermind, looks like Yahoo is (potentially) debuting it on the 18th. This coming Tuesday.
Ganondorf
AG
Neither of those gifs open for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.