**** Official The Hobbit Info Thread ****

132,554 Views | 982 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's my "concerned about the new **** they are making up face" .

Interested to see the whole 48fps thing though.
sharkenleo
New production diary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2W9nbId-HU
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
beat me to it

i would love to be the 2nd 2nd AD. or even the 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd AD. i could bring coffee to the other ADs. anything to be on those sets every day
sharkenleo
No kidding. Just being on that set would be an education, not to mention unbelievably fun.
PatriotAg02
AG
Watching this movie might be one I the last things I do before the cataclysm.
Hulla Baller
AG
Very fascinating.
Fenrir
quote:
I will reserve judgement until I see for myself, but it really shouldn't concern most of us since most of us will probably see it in 24 fps anyway. Most theaters won't have the upgraded projectors.

Replying to an old post but whatever...

I bet a good number of people probably won't realize they are watching 24 fps and will still complain simply because they heard it is different.
sharkenleo
Word is WB will be ramping Hobbit publicity way up next month as soon as TDKR hits. Expect to see a full trailer attached to the film.
sharkenleo
From TORn:

quote:
We’d heard the next Hobbit trailer was coming soon. Now CaptainSalt has let us know that the Alberta Film Ratings website, which lists trailers before they appear in US theaters has classified the trailer #2 with a G rating.

The run time is listed at 2 minutes, 24 seconds, eight seconds shorter than the first trailer. Trailers are listed on the site preceding their official release, so this means the trailer has been finalised and will be debuting soon! (Anyone taking bets for San Diego Comic-con?)

Can't wait. But why so short?
jlb2957
AG
Can't wait for movie...that is all.
sharkenleo
The new trailer (if we can really call it new) is attached to Brave, coming out tomorrow. Will probably be watching it in 3D specifically so I can watch this trailer in 3D.
Dr RC
I can understand why some could be pissed about the new film tech making it look fake.

there are plenty of movies I have watched in HD that look horrible b/c of how obviously fake things like lighting become with a clearer picture.

sharkenleo
I was promised a trailer with Brave and Tintin, and didn't get one either time.
kgc123
Can anyone explain to me why Orlando Bloom is on the cast listing for imdb? I haven't read the Hobbit in several years, but if memory serves me, Legolas was not in it correct?
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
there are some characters being brought in
TCTTS
AG
sharkenleo - The "new" trailer with Brave was simply the existing version slightly re-edited for the PG crowd. I would assume that a NEW trailer will debut with TDKR a month from now, but WB is already using that platform to release trailers for Man of Steel, most likely the Wachowski's Cloud Atlas, and probably even Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim. Though, there's no reason they can't release four trailers that weekend. I'm just saying they might wait 'til the fall to amp up The Hobbit marketing. If anything, new Hobbit footage is confirmed for Comic-Con the weekend before TDKR, so a new trailer debut there is highly likely (which would point to a public release a few days later with TDKR). I'm sure we'll know more in a couple weeks...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/23/2012 2:14p).]
NoHo Hank
AG
I think Legolas was technically in the Hobbit, but he was unnamed. I may be misremembering.
kgc123
quote:
I think Legolas was technically in the Hobbit, but he was unnamed. I may be misremembering.

If he was unnamed then technically how would he be in the hobbit.

I am pretty sure Martin Scorcese and Von Miller were both also unnamed in the Hobbit as well.
NoHo Hank
AG
So it appears he was not mentioned. However, he is Thranduil's son. Thranduil, as I'm sure you're aware, is the King of the Elves in Mirkwood. What I couldn't remember is if the books makes some comment about Thraunduil's son when they are in the hall. Anyway, you can reference someone without naming them, dumbass.
PatAg
AG
They never mention Legalos, no, but he is the wood elve king's son, so there is no reason for him to not be there.
amercer
AG
quote:
so there is no reason for him to not be there

There is plenty of reason for him not to do anything though. Alas he'll probably end up springing the Dwarves from their cells or something....

The ONLY good way he could be incorporated is if he were off with Gandalf fighting the Necromancer. Leaving the books aside and just thinking of the movies, even running into Bilbo would be suspect since there was no indication that he had seen him before at the Council of Elrond.
NoHo Hank
AG
quote:

There is plenty of reason for him not to do anything though. Alas he'll probably end up springing the Dwarves from their cells or something....

The ONLY good way he could be incorporated is if he were off with Gandalf fighting the Necromancer. Leaving the books aside and just thinking of the movies, even running into Bilbo would be suspect since there was no indication that he had seen him before at the Council of Elrond.

I agree with this. I hope he's relegated to a cameo. You could even, albeit awkwardly, show him in the battle of the five armies. But giving him a substantial role in the movie would be awkward with the other movies.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Am I the only one who didn't particularly are for Legolas in the first movies? I think Orlando Vloom just bothers me. He always acts like he's got a lightbulb up his ass.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, my biggest disappointment with the first three movies were Orlando Bloom's wooden performance. Totally ruined what should have been a much cooler character.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
it the guy's first real acting gig if i remember right. i give him some benefit of the doubt for that
KT_Ag08
AG
quote:
it the guy's first real acting gig if i remember right. i give him some benefit of the doubt for that

Come again?
PatriotAg02
AG
Thought his performance was right in line with the eleven personalities. None of them were very boisterous. No issue here.
sharkenleo
quote:
sharkenleo - The "new" trailer with Brave was simply the existing version slightly re-edited for the PG crowd.

Yep, that's all it is, but I was still looking forward to watching it in 3D and in the theaters since I didn't see it with Tintin back in December either.

My money would be on the actual new trailer being attached to TDKR as well. I see no reason WB wouldn't want to attach a trailer for their winter tentpole release to their summer tentpole release, and sure to be the biggest movie of the summer. And a Man of Steel trailer would be awesome as well.

[This message has been edited by sharkenleo (edited 6/24/2012 12:30p).]
sharkenleo
quote:
I agree with this. I hope he's relegated to a cameo. You could even, albeit awkwardly, show him in the battle of the five armies. But giving him a substantial role in the movie would be awkward with the other movies.

This. He'll have a small role in the first film, but will definitely be in the Battle of Five Armies, imo.
sharkenleo
WB just confirmed an official Hobbit panel at Comic Con. Peter Jackson, Martin Freeman, Ian Mckellen, Richard Armitage, and others will be in attendance. They're doing it big this year. Can't wait for all the new content and info we'll be getting.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/06/28/57946-loaded-hobbit-lineup-announced-for-comic-con-includes-jackson-mckellen-serkis-armitage-freeman-boyens/
Quad Dog
AG
sharkenleo

[This message has been edited by sharkenleo (edited 7/3/2012 10:03p).]
sharkenleo

Hard to believe it's in the can. Can't wait for Comic Con next week.

[This message has been edited by sharkenleo (edited 7/6/2012 9:02p).]
sharkenleo
And some more pictures.

07ag
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.