Summer Camps - Post any news here.

38,523 Views | 287 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mccjames
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We were at the Bluffs two weeks ago. Mask compliance was good with staff. Adults was actually pretty good indoors and they had couples spread out way more than 6 feet most of the time. That said, I think it would have been hard to keep it from spreading if anyone had brought it in. This is the first week since week 2 that Pine Cover has all their camps open for a session.
c-jags
For some reason I thought Bluffs was closed two weeks ago. Maybe it's three now. Some people from our church that go to Bluffs had to go to an open spot at the Woods because Bluffs was shut down. Regardless, glad you had the same experience.
CowtownAg06
AG
It was down 6 and 7 then back up 8.
culdeus
AG
My kids are on the home stretch. 0 cases so far and will head home Sunday.
c-jags
CowtownAg06 said:

It was down 6 and 7 then back up 8.
that makes sense. we were week 9 and they were week 7.

anyways, good experience, came back refreshed and blessed. they did a pretty good job all in all.
Complete Idiot
My kids have been in summer camps on and off, it's really a pick me up FOR ME when they come home excited about something they did, friends they made or played with. After a couple months of isolation, online interactions only, I really like to see them living life. My middle kid loves soccer but all those camps got cancelled so far this summer (she went to art camps instead) until this week, she went this morning and just got back and not only said she had a blast but definitely had a different body language and outward attitude. She's been the one I've worried about the most as far as isolation impacts and today was great for her. And that gave me a boost as well.

I hope they can attend school in person, willing to sign up for all rules needed to allow that.
culdeus
AG
Going forward it's going to be risk/reward all the way.

I knew it was a risk, hell we were 6 days from sending her to K2 and we know some here had issues with their own kids there. Had things gone sideways I still think I'd do it again.

The mental toll on the kids is huge. To give them 1,2,3 weeks or whatever is massive.

DISD and others are going to do their damndest to blow the whole thing up again ending school late. Not ideal at all, but I feel like doing backflips knowing we got ours in this year.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I felt my kids needed it. They've be isolated and it couldn't have been a better experience for them.

I feel risk for those under 64 is pretty minimal
mccjames
AG
Just figured I would give a follow up on Camp Honey Creek in Hunt Tx. My Daughter came home after 4 weeks and they had 0 cases and 0 transmission of Covid. All in all a very successful camp considering everything. This was the 1st term so we are watching 2nd to see if the new influx will cause any hiccups. The counselors who stayed for 2nd term were not allowed to leave the camp to keep any outside infection to a minimum.
Easy come, Easy go

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.