Summer Camps - Post any news here.

38,465 Views | 287 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mccjames
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May 15th was theoretically the day that camps would make their call on start dates.

Seems the lean is most will open in July.

I know Cruz sends his kids to a camp in Hunt and is working the issue.
SunrayAg
AG
My daughter is an incoming freshman at A&M, and has been informed that fish camp will not be happening at its normal location, and if it does happen at all it will be somewhere on campus.
Keegan99
AG
From what I can tell from Facebook and their web site, Camp Ozark - owned and run by Sam Torn - seems to be a go. Know lots of kids planning to head up there this summer.
agsalaska
AG
My daughter was going to A&M soccer camp in July. It is canceled.

Going to look into TCUs.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
AggieFrog
AG
Our Boy Scout summer camp was canceled (Sid Richardson Scout Ranch by Bridgeport). All overnight camps in the Longhorn Council also cancelled.
Aggie97
AG
Our Orthodox Church camps got cancelled back in April.
TXTransplant
My son is signed up for Space Camp the week of June 28. All sessions before his have been cancelled, but they are still acting as though his will proceed.
CowtownAg06
AG
Not official yet but one of the big ones in Texas is probably staring a little late in early June.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Camp Capers in Comfort cancelled thier first sessions.
DuncanAg
AG
Camp Longhorn (not related to tu) starting 2 weeks late...June 15th. All terms are 2 weeks (ours was originally 3 weeks).
Prexys Moon
AG
my prediction is abbott gives the go ahead on Monday for camps. Camps are huge in Texas. I am sure the "Strike force" will give the camps a big list of bull**** that they have to do to "keep the kids safe". just like a bunch of other things...gotta play the political game and in the end thankfully give in to common sense and the demands of the people.
culdeus
AG
DuncanAg said:

Camp Longhorn (not related to tu) starting 2 weeks late...June 15th. All terms are 2 weeks (ours was originally 3 weeks).

Mystic is doing the same thing, with three terms of 2 weeks each rather than 2@4 and 1@2.
culdeus
AG
CDC Camp Decision Tree

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/Camps-Decision-Tree.pdf

kellyb94
AG
Camp Ozark seems to be a go at this time.
AgPT06
AG
TBarM cancelled 1st 2 sessions but sent out email/video saying they plan to have all other sessions with new precautions, no opening/closing ceremonies etc
BadMoonRisin
AG
Camp Doublecreek is opening June 6th
mrsbeer05
AG
Got an email a few weeks ago that Carolina Creek would be open
amercer
AG
Daughters camp in WV canceled the first month of the summer. Said they were going to open up after that, but I don't believe it.

Between that, Scout camp, all the day camps in schools being canceled, and all the sports camps looking like a no go, she may not leave the house this summer
512Ag
AG
Rocky River Ranch in Wimberley is supposed to announce their plan this coming week after the 18th.
revvie
AG
I feel deprived. My summer camps were spending several weeks with grandparents. Fishing in the stock ponds and using bacon on strings to catch crawfish. And cooking them and eating them if you were brave enough.
farmrag
revvie said:

I feel deprived. My summer camps were spending several weeks with grandparents. Fishing in the stock ponds and using bacon on strings to catch crawfish. And cooking them and eating them if you were brave enough.
Revvie you were not deprived, you were blessed.
culdeus
AG
DuncanAg said:

They show June 21st on the website?
kevmiller
Camps and youth summer sporting events should not be canceled.
Gets kids outside in the sunlight ... keep them inside and watch how many get sick in the fall from anything and everything due to weak immune system.
DuncanAg
AG
culdeus said:

DuncanAg said:

They show June 21st on the website?
Your right...I messed up the date. We don't go until mid-July.
Matsui
AG
Same.
tbone94
AG
Pine Cove cancelled overnight camps for week 1 (May 24th-30th)
Caleb12
AggieFrog
AG
kevmiller said:

Camps and youth summer sporting events should not be canceled.
Gets kids outside in the sunlight ... keep them inside and watch how many get sick in the fall from anything and everything due to weak immune system.

The mental aspect is just as important. The anxiety and depression this is creating is leading to increasing suicides among our youth (have had multiple in my community in just the last month).
WILDMAN95
AG
AggieFrog said:

Our Boy Scout summer camp was canceled (Sid Richardson Scout Ranch by Bridgeport). All overnight camps in the Longhorn Council also cancelled.
Capitol Area Council has cancelled all overnight and day camps for the summer.
Iowaggie
AG
My daughter is supposed to work an overnight camp, and they are requiring a PCR (RT-PCR) test for COVID-19 before showing up. Unfortunately, because she is showing absolutely no symptoms, no place is allowing her to be tested.
culdeus
AG
tbone94 said:

The pine cove announcement is confusing. They are saying they will rolling cancel weeks as needed. This is less useful to parents as saying, we will have camp on these dates for sure.

I think the longhorn announcement is the strongest and will set the tone here. It gives counselors two weeks more or less to get trained in June and show up which seems good enough.
CowtownAg06
AG
culdeus said:

tbone94 said:

The pine cove announcement is confusing. They are saying they will rolling cancel weeks as needed. This is less useful to parents as saying, we will have camp on these dates for sure.

I think the longhorn announcement is the strongest and will set the tone here. It gives counselors two weeks more or less to get trained in June and show up which seems good enough.

They were waiting on more clarity from the State. Given what is expected to be announced Monday, they should be good for all dates beyond that. With all things in this, things can change.
Swan Song
AG
Frontier Camp is a go.
rebag00
AG
Kanakuk is a go. Two-week at home limited family 'quarantine' or 1 week same with a PCR test required if there was travel in the preceding two weeks.
CCred92
AG
Daughter was supposed to work at laity lodge youth camp. Got an email that they canceled all camps this summer.

She was crushed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.