Heb partner here ama

66,314 Views | 403 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there any foreign nations that are having difficulty in shipping their goods to the US?
lb3
AG
atag
AG
I couldn't tell you that right now....I'm sure that will be the case.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
atag
AG
Check your messages
Zemira
AG
I did. Thanks for your help!
BTHOthatguy
Any thoughts to limiting the number of people in the store at one time? I know this is something they are doing in Italy.
atag
AG
We haven't heard anything on that yet but we have had some stores reach max capacity and we are letting people in groups at a time when we open....I assume to prevent a mad rush.
tio
AG
The H-E-B go app is my favorite app normally but even more so now. If you haven't used it you bring your own bags, scan and bag your items as you go and use the self service check out (any number of items). Was incredible today as the checkout line was an hour plus at noon and they were limiting people entering as someone left.

Definitely use the app if your store supports it!
Goodnight Irene
AG
Would I more or less be able to get all my groceries if I placed an online order for delivery a few days ahead or do the shoppers only have access to what everyone else does?
agdaddy04
AG
Will you please open stores in Colorado? HEB is one of the few things we miss about living in Texas.
atag
AG
That would be the best way to do it...get the earliest possible time slot because our stock will be the heaviest as the pickers start at 5am. Just expect to have a lot of subs/shorts.
eeaggie11
AG
I am surprised HEB and other grocery stores haven't closed the physical doors and gone to all online orders/curb side during all of this. It would limit the person-to-person and person-to-goods exposure.
atag
AG
Sorry there are no plans outside of tejas....but there are items you can order online such as that green sauce! Get a little taste of home at least.
Post removed:
by user
Redstone
AG
Just got off the phone with the one 1/4 mile away.

I'm trying to get disinfectant wipes. They said a truck with them should be coming tonight. They close at 1 so I might head up in about 2 hours.

My mother-in-law is giving us 1 of the 4 Costco Kirkland brand wipes in her new packet (those are my favorite but we dropped membership).

This, with my (limited) current stock should last ok, but I'm curious about supply into next week. Would like to secure several more 4 packs ASAP.
BenFiasco14
AG
Redstone said:

Just got off the phone with the one 1/4 mile away.

I'm trying to get disinfectant wipes. They said a truck with them should be coming tonight. They close at 1 so I might head up in about 2 hours.

My mother-in-law is giving us 1 of the 4 Costco Kirkland brand wipes in her new packet (those are my favorite but we dropped membership).

This, with my (limited) current stock should last ok, but I'm curious about supply into next week. Would like to secure several more 4 packs ASAP.

Already knew about this shipment and bought all of the wipes
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Redstone
AG
Just got back

Mission fail
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Before selling my company I was an HEB produce grower/vendor. I'm curious about any increased food safety measures (or perhaps your just telling vendors to make sure they're following their existing food safety programs).
Philip J Fry
AG
Pelayo said:

When are you finally going to enter the California market?

You guys would absolutely dominate over Albertsons.
alamogeorge
AG
It's funny to hear people clamoring to get HEB's. Move to San Antonio and you'll have all you can stand. They are literally our only choice. Great store but choice is great too.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
atag
AG
We have certain times of days where we have to wipe down all the surfaces of the perishable sides and showtime/cc are on nothing but sanitation duty. Also no demos of course.
Caliber
AG
jjones99 said:

The H-E-B go app is my favorite app normally but even more so now. If you haven't used it you bring your own bags, scan and bag your items as you go and use the self service check out (any number of items). Was incredible today as the checkout line was an hour plus at noon and they were limiting people entering as someone left.

Definitely use the app if your store supports it!

atag, when is this going to make it to Houston??
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Makes sense. I owned Patty's Herbs by the way.
atag
AG
We have it at my store but I think its just for partners. It is pretty awesome. I can ask around when it will be available for the public.
Caliber
AG
atag said:

We have it at my store but I think its just for partners. It is pretty awesome. I can ask around when it will be available for the public.

Online doesn't show any in Houston yet. Shows it available from Austin to San Antonio and in BCS.
Post removed:
by user
thelaw4
AG
Went to HEB first thing this morning, just to buy regular groceries (not for panic buying), no veggies except celery (which i already have for soup) and mushrooms (which i just dont need right now). No strawberries, grapes or apples. When should we expect HEB to restock on fruits and vegetables?
Zemira
AG
They seem to get different shipments through the day at different times.
BTHOthatguy
Per Facebook heb in Georgetown was limiting the number of people in the store at a time. Good idea. Limit panic and increase social distancing.
deddog
AG
OP
Thanks for the AMA

What is HEB doing to keep their employees safe?
CowtownAg06
AG
Houston ones doing that was well, but I think it has more to do with crowd control when all the registers are under staffed. As the OP said, they didn't see this coming and weren't scheduled but should be next week.
Capitol Ag
AG
TXTransplant said:

atag said:

Its strange....with Harvey the customers were amazing....it was Texans helping texans and publix helping heb and of course we returned the favor later....this is different. People are mad that we are limiting things and when we run out people are dubious as to if we enforced the limit. A little understanding goes a long way. Now there are also a lot of amazing wonderful customers out there too and those are the ones that make me happy to do what I do.

People are nuts right now. I went to Trader Joe's first (it was on the way, and I wanted to get a couple of things that I can only get there). People shopping there were warning me about H-E-B. I even heard a story about how a couple of customers almost came to blows.

I decided to stop at HEB anyway, Because there were still a few more things I wanted to get, and it was crowded, and the shelves were bare, and I could tell everyone was on edge.

I seriously had to bite my tongue when I watched one woman take the last 6 packages of cream cheese.

I got in and out pretty fast considering how crowded it was.

And you are right - about 300 houses in my 'hood flooded during Harvey. Everyone was so amazing - including this HEB. This situation is totally different and so disappointing and frustrating. It's literally every man for himself.
Unless she was making a massive casserole, wth does she need so much cream cheese? People are strange.
PneumAg
Capitol Ag said:

TXTransplant said:

atag said:

Its strange....with Harvey the customers were amazing....it was Texans helping texans and publix helping heb and of course we returned the favor later....this is different. People are mad that we are limiting things and when we run out people are dubious as to if we enforced the limit. A little understanding goes a long way. Now there are also a lot of amazing wonderful customers out there too and those are the ones that make me happy to do what I do.

People are nuts right now. I went to Trader Joe's first (it was on the way, and I wanted to get a couple of things that I can only get there). People shopping there were warning me about H-E-B. I even heard a story about how a couple of customers almost came to blows.

I decided to stop at HEB anyway, Because there were still a few more things I wanted to get, and it was crowded, and the shelves were bare, and I could tell everyone was on edge.

I seriously had to bite my tongue when I watched one woman take the last 6 packages of cream cheese.

I got in and out pretty fast considering how crowded it was.

And you are right - about 300 houses in my 'hood flooded during Harvey. Everyone was so amazing - including this HEB. This situation is totally different and so disappointing and frustrating. It's literally every man for himself.
Unless she was making a massive casserole, wth does she need so much cream cheese? People are strange.

I would have walked up to her, pointed right at her, and laughed out loud. That ***** deserves to be shamed.
atag
AG
I think someone else replied....we should be able to replenish daily in produce. One of the big issues is that our warehouses can only hold so much as well and our backrooms, esp in highly perishable departments arent meant to hold much backstock so with the panic going on what normally suffices for an entire day is disappearing within minutes. Our produce trucks should have already come in and been stocked by opening.
atag
AG
I know we were doing that in the morning, I assume to stop a mad rush. We also have a maximum capacity from the inspectors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.