Heb partner here ama

66,191 Views | 403 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
atag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My husband and I are both managers at heb. We are getting updates daily about how to best take care of our community so if yall have any questions please ask here if it's a non store specific question and I'll do my best to answer.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
AgHawkeye
AG
God bless you two. I work in a hospital but you my friends are on the front lines for this one.
Vernada
AG
atag said:

My husband and I are both managers at heb. We are getting updates daily about how to best take care of our community so if yall have any questions please ask here if it's a non store specific question and I'll do my best to answer.
Order more TP. Yall are out.
Swarely
Not sure if you can answer, but what are y'all guesses on when demand normalizes? I'm lucky that I buy in bulk and keep a good pantry, so I'm fine with the situation. But am curious what yalll are hearing from corporate.
atag
AG
Its madness but it feels good to be able to help the community. Also just as a line of communication, any partners that feel even the slightest bit sick to call a hotline and advise them on whether to stay or go home and we have our demo teams that normally give out samples wiping down every surface and basket with alcohol wipes to protect both our partners and customers.
atag
AG
Lol. You're best bet is to be first in line when we open. We are getting in a few pallets at a time. Bigger busier stores will get more quantities.
buildingchampions
AG
Should I start yelling at customers that take 50 items into the express lane? Or just keep passive aggressively staring like I do now?
atag
AG
Right now is tough because we didnt expect this level of madness....not like this so we are woefully under scheduled to handle this, hence the express lanes. Starting monday we have everyone scheduled to the max so we should be able to have baggers at every register.
atag
AG
We do not expect it to normalize any time soon unfortunately. We are making plans to adjust by maybe just carrying a few skus in large quantities....we will probably do something similar with curbside too...just only things we sell in bulk quantities.
Pelayo
AG
When are you finally going to enter the dfw market?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXTransplant
My neighborhood HEB was an absolute disaster yesterday, but I give props to the checkers and baggers who did an amazing job of moving us through (most of whom appear to be under the age of 25). Every single checkout was open, and I told the two at my station that they were doing a great job.

The issues were solely with the customers, and I'm embarrassed by the behavior of my neighbors.

With that said, I just saw on the news that Houston area stores are going to adjust hours to 8 am to 8 pm starting tomorrow. Can you elaborate on this? Or maybe I just misunderstood - it wasn't clear if this was a long-term change, or just for the next few days to allow stores to restock.
atag
AG
Hey man...we are on the outskirts! The stores in Lubbock should help that move along....just recently those stores are now part of their own region instead of being lumped in with central.
Swarely
atag said:

Right now is tough because we didnt expect this level of madness....not like this so we are woefully under scheduled to handle this, hence the express lanes. Starting monday we have everyone scheduled to the max so we should be able to have baggers at every register.

I heard Walmart might finally open one more of their 20 registers.
Aggie71013
AG
More about this from their twitter.
atag
AG
We need time to stock and the customers arent really allowing that to happen seeing as they are grabbing stuff off pallets as soon as we bring them out. It's a safety/sanity/crowd control type thing.
Pelayo
AG
atag said:

Hey man...we are on the outskirts! The stores in Lubbock should help that move along....just recently those stores are now part of their own region instead of being lumped in with central.
From what I understand from my friends in CRE y'all own half of the prime vacant land up here. Hurry up and build
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXTransplant
atag said:

We need time to stock and the customers arent really allowing that to happen seeing as they are grabbing stuff off pallets as soon as we bring them out. It's a safety/sanity/crowd control type thing.

That's what I was hoping, and it sounds good to me!

Honestly, I'd be happy if I don't have to set foot in H-E-B for another two weeks (no offense - just a crazy place to be right now). Hopefully, we can make it.
atag
AG
Its strange....with Harvey the customers were amazing....it was Texans helping texans and publix helping heb and of course we returned the favor later....this is different. People are mad that we are limiting things and when we run out people are dubious as to if we enforced the limit. A little understanding goes a long way. Now there are also a lot of amazing wonderful customers out there too and those are the ones that make me happy to do what I do.
atag
AG
Lol none taken....if you are stocked up enough to carry on then please by all means, avoid the madness!
atag
AG
The joke is that we are a real estate company that sells groceries. Heb owns so much land that hasn't been built on that it's insane. They have owned land in Dallas for awhile now. The biggest issue is that houston is still growing and we are still building so many stores here that it would be too hard to build a bench to open in dallas the heb way. Once Houston is more saturated and we can build a bench deep enough then dallas hebs will likely start to explode. That's not official though....just word of mouth type.
TXTransplant
atag said:

Its strange....with Harvey the customers were amazing....it was Texans helping texans and publix helping heb and of course we returned the favor later....this is different. People are mad that we are limiting things and when we run out people are dubious as to if we enforced the limit. A little understanding goes a long way. Now there are also a lot of amazing wonderful customers out there too and those are the ones that make me happy to do what I do.

People are nuts right now. I went to Trader Joe's first (it was on the way, and I wanted to get a couple of things that I can only get there). People shopping there were warning me about H-E-B. I even heard a story about how a couple of customers almost came to blows.

I decided to stop at HEB anyway, Because there were still a few more things I wanted to get, and it was crowded, and the shelves were bare, and I could tell everyone was on edge.

I seriously had to bite my tongue when I watched one woman take the last 6 packages of cream cheese.

I got in and out pretty fast considering how crowded it was.

And you are right - about 300 houses in my 'hood flooded during Harvey. Everyone was so amazing - including this HEB. This situation is totally different and so disappointing and frustrating. It's literally every man for himself.
aggiehawg
AG
atag said:

The joke is that we are a real estate company that sells groceries. Heb owns so much land that hasn't been built on that it's insane. They have owned land in Dallas for awhile now. The biggest issue is that houston is still growing and we are still building so many stores here that it would be too hard to build a bench to open in dallas the heb way. Once Houston is more saturated and we can build a bench deep enough then dallas hebs will likely start to explode. That's not official though....just word of mouth type.
Don't happen to own any land in Robertson County, do you? Asking for a friend.
atag
AG
I think what is so frustrating for us is that we are used to being the best at helping our communities. With this situation, the manufacturers are trying to supply the entire world and not just a localized area....luckily we at least manufacture our own milk bread ice cream and chips....the essentials!
Swarely
Build the one at 130 and 71 already! Getting tired of driving to bastrop, or fighting the crowds at riverside.
atag
AG
Also I do want to clarify that I'm I'm obviously not the official word of mouth here....just want to help my community with the little I do know.
TXTransplant
atag said:

I think what is so frustrating for us is that we are used to being the best at helping our communities. With this situation, the manufacturers are trying to supply the entire world and not just a localized area....luckily we at least manufacture our own milk bread ice cream and chips....the essentials!

Y'all are doing the right thing. There is no reason people should be hoarding food or personal care items. I appreciate y'all trying to keep the craziness in check. There is a Wal-Mart at the next intersection. People can take the crazy there!
CowtownAg06
AG
Curious why you do t expect it to normalize soon. Seems like there is a mad rush this week as everyone preps but that should have a finite amount. Once done wouldn't you expect to go back to normal weekly flow?
atag
AG
We honestly just don't know. I assume we are looking at the same patterns that went on in Italy. Right now ppl arent grocery shopping to eat for next week....they are hoarding in case of a long term quarantine so we are just trying to be prepared for the worst case scenario.
CowtownAg06
AG
Right which makes me think there is an initial rush to hors and then it drops off. Either way I'm glad y'all are preparing. I went to the Shepherd at 6 am this morning and it took an hour to check out. Everyone there was being very civil and I tried to to thank all the employees I could.
Zemira
AG
I'm currently looking for eggs. Should I try first thing in the morning at my store?

That's really the only thing I need.
aggiehawg
AG
Zemira said:

I'm currently looking for eggs. Should I try first thing in the morning at my store?

That's really the only thing I need.
Get some chickens. Reliable source.
BenFiasco14
AG
How are the cans?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
atag
AG
Our dairy trucks usually come around late morning. Which store do you shop at?
atag
AG
We had some beans left but we do have a canning plant as well on our own so that could be good. I'll update yall when I go in tonight about what we are receiving
Zemira
AG
atag said:

Our dairy trucks usually come around late morning. Which store do you shop at?
The store in Fairfield in Cypress.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.