*** 2025 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

15,446 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Positivelyag512
Boozer92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess Tech thought they needed to win the new big 12. That is a crazy number for college softball. Honestly tech doesn't have much to help her out. They have not been a good a program that was just a pitcher away.

Sure getting rid of tu and OU made the big 12 more winnable but Arizona and to lesser extend ASU won't just lay down for tech to move the bottom half to the top
SeenNotHeard
AG
Glasco brought in 9 transfers. Several of his best from UL and a few others. They should be pretty salty.

The primary donor is a former TT softball player and her husband.
Faustus
Boozer92 said:

I guess Tech thought they needed to win the new big 12. That is a crazy number for college softball. Honestly tech doesn't have much to help her out. They have not been a good a program that was just a pitcher away.

Sure getting rid of tu and OU made the big 12 more winnable but Arizona and to lesser extend ASU won't just lay down for tech to move the bottom half to the top

Stanford made the CWS with Canady and pretty much nothing else.
java94
AG
Go get her, coach!

Edit: nothing to see here... My apologies.
fitzwatema
AG
Is Laurin a graduate transfer? She would be a great addition to the pitching staff with her talent and experience.
Belton Ag
AG
For those that know, is the portal open right now? Or is she just announcing early for the next window?

UtayAg
AG
Where are we seeing that she is in the portal at all? I thought she was done with college softball and nothing in the Instagram says portal.
Belton Ag
AG
I didn't see she was in the portal, myself. I just saw the post and assumed that poster knew something.

Looking at Mizzou's website shows her to have been a senior this year, and was a freshman in 2021, so no covid year.

Looks like this isn't actually a portal entry, looks like she's just posting a message that she's moving in a month and wants people to know she's still giving lessons until then.
java94
AG
Well, darn. My apologies. I saw that she was leaving Mizzou and got my hopes up. After more digging, I see she signed with the New York Rise of the Pro Women's Fastpitch League.
Positivelyag512
Vestal just won the TIER 1 AFP 18u National Championship, 2 days ago
Hard Work, God 1st
fitzwatema
AG
Awesome!
Boozer92
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

Vestal and Baldwin are on the same team right? They were last year
frankie00
Boozer92 said:

Positivelyag512 said:

Vestal and Baldwin are on the same team right? They were last year
I did a quick search and found the Bomber site:

https://bombersfastpitch.net/bombers_teams/texas-bombers-18u-gold-american/

Shows both of them on the team, like the year before. Also shows the HS and college commitments of the players.

Anyone know the official reporting date for the team? Assuming end of August for Spring sports, perhaps a week or two before first day of classes although I have no idea when classes start because I have not been concerned with that for many years.

Have been curious how many players are already on campus working out. Returning, transfers and Freshman.
Aggiesandwich12
RED AG 98
AG
From my hometown of Refugio. Played college ball at Florida State.
frankie00
Thanks for the info! I checked out her bio at the Tech website. Includes this:

"She arrived in West Texas after spending the last two seasons working in the College Station area. Klaevemann spent a season working for the Bomber's Fastpitch as an under-14 head coach and served as the assistant general manager at D-BAT Aggieland and the vice president of internal operations and director of scouting for High & Inside. In addition, Klaevemann also worked Texas A&M's softball camps in 2021."

Full bio from Tech here:

https://texastech.com/sports/softball/roster/coaches/morgan-klaevemann/3797

Another Texas person to help with Texas recruiting!
frankie00
New Robert Cessna article at the B-CS Eagle:

Ford, Aggie softball team enjoying a productive summer

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/softball/aggie-softball-team-focused-on-reaching-wcws/article_41e6221c-5c24-11ef-90b0-137ca58dc08b.html

It was great to read this:

"What I'm really excited about is most of returners on their own were here all summer," said Ford, adding in the past couple of summers other things had been more important to the majority of the players. "But this year, they showed up and I was like, 'What in the world [is going on?]' Last year, we had a few stay on campus and then this year, the team as a unit decided we're going to make it happen."

I would like to see two of the four incoming Freshmen pitchers redshirt if possible. So, liked this:

"My hope is we can develop a couple of [the freshmen] and go from there," said Ford, who is also the team's pitching coach.
MSTC Man
AG
I'm expecting great things this spring. I expect our team will be better but our SEC record may not be better. I'm guessing we will face both tu and ou.
greg.w.h
AG
MSTC Man said:

I'm expecting great things this spring. I expect our team will be better but our SEC record may not be better. I'm guessing we will face both tu and ou.

Top 14 teams to NCAA though…
Positivelyag512
MSTC Man said:

Their hosting Texas, inside information
Hard Work, God 1st
frankie00
Just saw the following about the new director of player development. Last I posted was link from Tech's webpage.

Guess it is official as of last Friday.

https://aggieswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/18/texas-aggies-softball-morgan-klaevemann-player-development/
frankie00
Softball Announces 2024 Fall Schedule

https://12thman.com/news/2024/8/29/softball-announces-2024-fall-schedule

Basic info here but times and number of innings at the above link.

The Texas A&M softball team announced its 2024 Fall Ball schedule, which features six home games at Davis Diamond

The fall schedule is set to kick off against Blinn CC on Oct. 10, followed by McLennan CC on Oct. 16.

The home slate continues with games against Texas (Oct. 18), Temple CC (Oct. 22) and two Maroon & White scrimmages on Oct. 24 and 29.

Texas A&M will finish the fall season Nov. 1 at Texas State.

Positivelyag512
New Commit
Hard Work, God 1st
Gap
AG
Taylor Hampton, 3B from Arizona

Class of 2026

frankie00
Thanks for posting.

First one from class of 2026?

The only one I know of from 2025 is Annsley Groce, OF, Keller, TX, the commit change from Northwestern State.

If I recall correctly our current roster is 27 (but 2025 roster not yet posted at 12thman.com) so coaches might not (probably not?) sign very many players end of year. And the roster size changes going on across all sports throws a wrench into everything because you never know what the darn NCAA will do.
BiochemAg97
AG
frankie00 said:

Thanks for posting.

The only one I know of from 2025 is Annsley Groce, OF, Keller, TX, the commit change from Northwestern State.

If I recall correctly our current roster is 27 (but 2025 roster not yet posted at 12thman.com) so coaches might not (probably not?) sign very many players end of year. And the roster size changes going on across all sports throws a wrench into everything because you never know what the darn NCAA will do.

If the House settlement is approved, softball will have a roster limit of 25 for the 26 season.

BTW, Judge just told NCAA the settlement would not be approved with the restrictions on collectives that are currently in the agreement.
greg.w.h
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

frankie00 said:

Thanks for posting.

If the House settlement is approved, softball will have a roster limit of 25 for the 26 season.

BTW, Judge just told NCAA the settlement would not be approved with the restrictions on collectives that are currently in the agreement.
The NCAA is trying to use a settlement to lock in rules that favor the NCAA…and allow them to practice more anti-trust violations.
frankie00
Thanks for the reminder of the 2026 roster size. I have written it down this time!

The darn NCAA and the darn IRS are the same - the only ones who like them are their employees. Well, at least some of them!
Positivelyag512
HH is struggling as a recruiting coordinator. That's why they brought in the new director of operations. She played for the Bombers, and we are NOT getting those players. We're getting West Coast kids, which is great, but we got to get in the Bomber's pocket in 25; the Bomber Freshman this year will go a long way to help recruit more. Cat is crushing it for Bombers to tu
Hard Work, God 1st
Belton Ag
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

HH is struggling as a recruiting coordinator. That's why they brought in the new director of operations. She played for the Bombers, and we are NOT getting those players. We're getting West Coast kids, which is great, but we got to get in the Bomber's pocket in 25; the Bomber Freshman this year will go a long way to help recruit more. Cat is crushing it for Bombers to tu
You mean Director of Player Development.
hipnix
30% of our last recruiting class were Bombers
MSTC Man
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

Where is the proof that our recruiting coordinator is struggling?
PlanoGuy

"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
Boozer92
AG
Home games - Florida, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas
Road games - Auburn, Georgia, Missouri, Tenn

Don't play- Texas, OU, Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, USCe
frankie00
Am looking forward to series with the sips and the sooners. Should be tough each time. Was hoping to start this year, hopefully both in CS. Or, perhaps alternating - start out the series with one of them at home and one away, swapping the next year.

But, the SEC is challenge enough for now so I can live with it!

Excited for Fall Ball to start in about a month. Hoping some here at TexAgs can make the games in CS and pass on box scores info for those of us out of state.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.