*** 2025 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

12,525 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by frankie00
SeenNotHeard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is time to flip to the new year.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Saw that Bobby Buchanan (former A&M Director of Player Development) was named as Asst Coach at Ole Miss today. He was a BIG analytics guy. Wonder who Coach Ford brings in to replace him.
PlanoGuy
ColoAggie12
frankie00
Just saw this at the 12thman.com softball page:

Softball Signs Washington Transfer Olivia Johnson

https://12thman.com/news/2024/7/3/softball-signs-washington-transfer-olivia-johnson

A few on the forum have suggested that Coach would grab a catcher from the portal. I thought she might wait until after Fall ball to make the decision. Note that I have promoted DeeDee several times.

They were right. Coach wants experience.

She will probably start. Will be bad for Gracyn. DeeDee will be #2 and get a year of practice under her belt.

If my count is correct brings the roster back to 27. Fairly high number.

frankie00
A new thread was created recently. Both were updated today.

*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

*** 2025 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

Assume 2025 should be used. I am adding this to both.
fitzwatema
LHAg12
AG
Love it! Let's roll!
"— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." - Declaration of Independence, 1776
MSTC Man
AG
We will lose some after fall practices.
Belton Ag
AG
SeenNotHeard said:

It is time to flip to the new year.

How dare you steal my thunder!
Belton Ag
SeenNotHeard
AG
Just excited to talk about the upcoming season.
jkag89
No offseason thread? Just jumping right into the season.
Boozer92
AG
If my count is correct we have added 2 pitchers, 1st base and catcher so far.

I know Mihyia Davis was rumored at one point but looks like she followed Glasco to Tech
LB12Diamond
AG
Must be catcher Wednesday. Also got one in baseball.
Belton Ag
AG
SeenNotHeard said:

Just excited to talk about the upcoming season.
Me too. Diamond sports are going to be a blast next year.
frankie00
I always look forward to the next season. All Summer and all Fall.

Last Summer and Fall I watched replays of many of the previous season's games. Will do the same this year.

Recently, for about a week, I watched several games of the teams our transfers played on. With the pitchers only the games they pitched in.

With the new catcher from Washington onboard I will go back and watch more of their games and concentrate on Sidne AND Olivia.
Boozer92
AG
Need pop. It can come from fish or transfers. Doesn't matter. But we need more long balls
frankie00
[Current roster. Could change again this summer, good chance will be different after December portal. I think I have everyone and correct classification for transfers. Note that I slotted Maya in as DP only. Lot of talent.]

FRESHMEN

DeeDee Baldwin Catcher

KK Dement Infield
Larisa Perez Infield
Francessca "Frankie" Vrazel - Infield (Utility)

Kelsey Mathis Outfield
Harley Vestal Outfield

Taylor Brown Pitcher/1B, RHP
Della Jasinski Pitcher, RHP
Sydney Lessentine Pitcher, RHP
Kate Munnerlyn Pitcher, LHP

SOPHOMORES

Reagan Jones - Infield

Mya Perez - DP

Hailey Golden Outfield
Scout Lovell Outfield (formerly Infield)

Sidne Peters Pitcher, RHP

JUNIORS

Gracyn Coleman - Catcher

Kennedy Powell - Infield
Amari Harper - Infield
Kylei Griffin Infield

Grace Sparks Pitcher, RHP

SENIORS

Olivia Johnson - Catcher

Koko Wooley Infield
Mac Barbara Infield (1B)

Allie Enright - Outfield
Kramer Eschete - Outfield

Emiley Kennedy Pitcher, LHP
Emily Leavitt Pitcher, RHP

you moran
AG
I like that freshman class. In terms of position players among the soon to be fish, a couple of potential sluggers there. Mathis should be a star (like 19 HRs her senior year). I saw that Baldwin was listed at 6'3", 205. My gawd. I know she knocked a few out for the Bombers. I feel like she has a lot of upside. The pitcher Brown can slug as well.

3 Gatorade poy from this past season among the out of staters. Cali talent always intrigues me. Good to see.
frankie00
From KBTX.com on July 5:

Former A&M pitcher, Grace Uribe, transferring to San Diego State

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Former A&M pitcher Grace Uribe is taking her talents to her home state of California to play for San Diego State.

Uribe did not play for the Aggies in the 2024 season, but in her three years with A&M she had a 13-10 record with a 4.26 ERA and 91 strikeouts.

In the batters box she had 16 hits with three home runs and 16 RBI.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Best of luck to Grace!
frankie00
Just saw at several news sites that Kelsey Mathis and Larisa Perez made the 2024 Blue Bell/Texas Sports Writers Association All-State team for 6A.

Kelsey made first team OF and Larisa made second team 3B.
MSTC Man
AG
https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/softball/incoming-aggie-softball-players-earn-all-state-honors/article_9fb41d50-4094-11ef-811c-eb10bf77f16a.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share
greg.w.h
AG
It will be very difficult to keep expectations and excitement contained this year!
you moran
AG
Kelsey Mathis 2024 stats:
.570 BA; 23 2B; 3 3B; 19 HR; 69 RBI; 72 R; 16 for 16 SB; .620 ob%; 1.207 SLG%; 1.827 OPS. Went 3 for 4 with a double and HR in the state title game. Top 25 nationally in HR, Runs and RBI. 1st in TX Div 6A in those categories.

Perez 2024 (from the Eagle article above)
.588 BA, 15 HR, 64 RBI, 15 SB.
frankie00
I agree - I am certainly looking forward to next year. Even more than last year at this time.

Thanks for posting the stats for the All-State girls. I could not get past the paywall at the Eagle on my laptop to read the article but found the list of players at other sites to confirm before I posted their accomplishment early this morning.

The incoming Freshman class is the largest I remember. It is certainly talented. Very talented. Going out on a limb but will say maybe one of the best ever. This year's two All-States, three pitchers with this year's Gatorade POY for their state and several have won these awards in previous years.

Lost some awesome bats and gloves to graduation but have a lot of talent with returning players and transfers to go along with the great Freshman class.

Coach Ford and staff have coached teams on the west coast area for many years and know it well so we will probably continue getting great players from 'over there'. And they are getting to know Texas fairly quickly and are finding it is easy to find talent close to home - and keep them close to home. Other areas, too - Taylor (POY) is from Missouri and Sydney (POY) is from New Mexico!
hipnix
frankie00
Thanks for posting.

Another speedy player for the outfield, great! Great BA, OBP and SB numbers. Does well in track, too, and a great GPA.
frankie00
Just watched a 'The Zone' video on the Aggie youtube page. Was posted a few days ago.

fitzwatema
AG
Thanks for posting, that was awesome! Looking forward to the next season of Aggie softball.
minetta
AG
NiJaree Canady transferred to Tech on a $1M NIL deal. Wow.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5656382/2024/07/24/nijaree-canady-softball-texas-tech-1m-nil-deal/?source=user_shared_article
hipnix
One year deal and she's got two years of eligibility left.
Bucketrunner
How long can Cody Campbell support the whole athletic department, lol?
frankie00
Thanks for posting the news about Canady. Have been really curious to find out what team would win the bidding war.

The 'scenery' around TT is sure different from the Stanford area but for a mil most would not mind.

I would like to see the Aggies play TT next year because of this news AND since former Aggie coach Glasco is now the head coach there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.