SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,787 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
seems to be fake post

The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
Whew! Way to be on it everyone!
Who?mikejones!
TheRealJacob said:

Kendall Roger's said Schloss took the job at tu

You got fooled

JWinTX
DallasArchAg05 said:

This would remind me of BCG leaving us for Kentucky, and I think it would be a mistake for Schloss. BCG had everything he wanted at A&M and was building the program with his players and doing it his way. He took his system to a basketball blue blood and it didn't work out the same.

Schlossnagle has everything here including major ballpark renovations on the way. He can accomplish everything he wants to here, and can do it exactly his way. Not to mention be the first one to do it here which I think means something to him. None of that is possible at tu. There he would get mixed up more into the politics, media fish bowl, and the arrogance/expectations of that program. He's already the most accomplished coach in our program's history, is beloved by our fan base, and can basically do no wrong here. And I assume that A&M would match any number he's offered from another program. I get that he is friends with the sip AD. We all have friends that work for other companies in other cities, but it doesn't mean we just jump from a great situation, which A&M most certainly is for Coach Schloss.
What also sucked about BCG leaving was that the basketball success he was building into a great program has never really come back to that level. Yes, they have made the Sweet 16 a couple of times, but the regular season success that BCG had in his last year as a top ten team at certain points has never been reached again.
Ag1188
AG
fake
themissinglink
AG
TAMU1990 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

So, ou's coach and who else?
Promote Cain
That's where I'm at. He could be the next Tony V without the d-baggery
dBoy99
AG
BohunkAg said:

Billy is not going to say if he knows.

Bag
AG
TheRealJacob said:

Kendall Roger's said Schloss took the job at tu
fake news spoofed account
Josepi
AG
NM
trouble
AG
Personally, I think Schloss is a great deal smarter than BCG
TheRealJacob
My bad got fooled
Topher17
AG
Medaggie said:

We were 1 hit away from tying the game and potentially winning the CWS. You guys sure hate happiness.

I have no idea what is going to happen but dang you guys have battered wife syndrome.
And the only coach in the history of our school to get us to that point is potentially leaving for our biggest rival...

Not sure what fanbase in the entire world, regardless of sport, would be happy in that situation.
PA24
AG
With the buyout money from the sips, give it all to the UT coach to come here…all of it plus.
well_endowed_ag
Nate09 said:

*IF* he leaves, his presser outrage was a smokescreen "the lady doth protest too much" reaction to silence the inevitable criticism that he was negotiating a deal while coaching the most important games of his career. The backlash to that would be pointed.

Agreed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed his frustration with the question was genuine. But if it turns out it was to deflect from the fact that he was actually about to leave, then I take back my criticism of Richard Zane for asking the question, and Schloss deserves to be roasted. Wouldn't be the first time a sitting head coach has straight up lied about his career intentions, but I really thought Schloss was above that and was committed to building here.
djktamu
AG
sincereag said:

From reading the tealeaves, I think Schloss knew he was leaving or strongly considering it during the CWS. One college baseball analyst noted how calm Schloss appeared in the dugout throughout the games and especially during tense moments. He even joked with the on field reporter last night about scoring 17 runs. In the past Schloss would not be so relaxed and carefree. He also has gone overboard in praising the 12th Man in his interviews and said he could almost cry when talking about them. The way he was offended by Zane's question seems to suggest it got him uncomfortable with the situation. If he jnows he's staying, why would you get offensive about it. Just say I love it here and tu can go pound sand. These are not normal emotions of a coach knowing he's going to stay with the program. Just my observations and opinion..I hope I'm dead wrong.
I think you're right on, unfortunately. His reaction to the question was hardly professional. For a guy who left his family behind for a job to call someone selfish for doing his job is kind of pot meet kettle. There are some underlying issues with Schloss, and it all seemed to come to the forefront here.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Quote:

Unreal news out of College Station.

Unreal indeed.

texink
AG
Josh Elander. Tennessee fans love him. Killer recruiter. Played for Schloss at TCU. A year under Van Horn. With Vitello since 2018.
LB12Diamond
AG
Hmm

Maybe he is thinking about leaving. I agree with sincereAg his praise of the 12th man and our fans the past few weeks has been a lot. I'm trying to remember if this is consistent with how he's acted all three years. I'm probably over analyzing it right now. But if his praise the last month is a lot more than the past, that might mean he's leaving. He's over doing it with the praise bc he's feeling a little guilty about leaving.

I hope I'm off on this train of thought but if I'm not. It is what it is.
Who?mikejones!
There's nothing texas can bring that tamu can not.

If schloss goes, it's because he wants to and that personal relationship with cdc wins out.

Trev might have also told him it's gonna take a little longer to build his baseball mecca

Ags77
AG
Man I hope Kendall saying that was fake news or I hope he is wrong. Losing Schloss to the sips would be tough to swallow.
DallasArchAg05
AG
No argument here. Which is why I really hope Schloss can stay above the fray and see the light here, and this all boils down to smoke and mirrors in the end.
W
AG
one thing to remember...

as long as Del Conte is the A.D. at t.u....

A&M could be going through this song and dance with Schloss at the end of every season

if Schloss stays and the new sip coach has a rough first year...

everyone will be right back in this situation after the 2025 season
vwbug
100% true. What an incredible 24 hours.
trouble
AG
Kendall was saying it's a fake account paying as him. He's already said he doesn't know.
Hungry Ojos
Wow, I guess I have to eat crow. On page one I scoffed at even the possibility of him considering it, but now it looks like he is as good as gone. Just absolutely unbelievable. I have no idea what he sees in tu that he doesn't have here, but I just lost all respect for him. He basically forced us to commit to an $85 million dollar stadium upgrade and then leaves? No integrity at all if true. Just wow. I absolutely do not wish him the best if this is the decision he has made considering all of the circumstances.
Tex117
AG
Good grief. LOL. What a ride.

I do hope he stays, but can understand why he would want the Texas job.

All things considered, they are better at baseball than football, and are in fact one of the few programs at the top of the pile when it comes to baseball. (Records and Championships don't lie).

A&M needs to find a whole bunch of money and give it to him. Football isn't the only sport that matters.
Ag1188
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Trev might have also told him it's gonna take a little longer to build his baseball mecca

Trev has been going around saying College Sports Programs have a spending-problem. Austerity is not exactly encouraging.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

If schloss goes, it's because he wants to and that personal relationship with cdc wins out.

Nothing is going to happen any faster in Austin unless they have or have acquired land off campus and already hired a team. Also I hear permitting in Austin is a beating.
Ags77
AG
trouble said:

Kendall was saying it's a fake account paying as him. He's already said he doesn't know.

PTL
chase128
AG
AD running a $80mil deficit and having to cut a bunch of staff this year doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
WestTexAg12
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Nothing is going to happen any faster in Austin unless they have or have acquired land off campus and already hired a team. Also I hear permitting in Austin is a beating.

Wish a billionaire Aggie would buy land and land lock them *******s.
texink
AG
PA24 said:

With the buyout money from the sips, give it all to the UT coach to come here…all of it plus.
Or go buyout Vic Schaefer's contract and bring him home where he belongs.
ftworthag02
AG
How much are we currently paying him?
vwbug
Unbelievable 24 hours. Sickening.
trouble
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Bingo. We have preliminary plans and BOR approval on a budget. It's gonna take them a decent bit longer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.