SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,715 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags2013 said:

He's coming back and never leaving

Well, he will have to retire at some point, but…
annie88
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Totally Bad Form to ask him that question tonight. Really a bad decision!

Yeah, probably should've waited until today and that's kind of on par with so, how do you feel about losing?
well_endowed_ag
l
annie88
AG
fieldtrailer said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'm curious what Schloss means by leaving his family to come to A&M? Is that a literal thing? Honestly, I don't know much about him other than what he has done with his baseball program.

I think he got divorced. Don't know the rest.

I think both of his children went to TCU, so he may have meant leaving them up in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
BreckCO2000
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

The sips' decision to fire their coach the same day as our final game was not to signal they were hiring Schloss. It was to get us riled up and create internal strife within our program. In fact I'm sure CDC specifically wanted Schloss questioned by the A&M media about the job knowing that they weren't going to hire him, just for a scene to be made. Mission accomplished. As usual, sip knows how to play the media and public image game, and we play right into their hands by questioning the loyalty of a coach who wasn't even considering leaving, right after he losses the CWS.

It was stupid to ask that question. Applying any amount of logic to the situation would have led any rational person to conclude he wasn't leaving, but instead our media get in a frenzy and piss him off. I'm sure CDC is thrilled. Thanks, Richard Zane.

This
LB12Diamond
AG
But it was out there
Bryanisbest
AG
BusterAg said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

What does Texas have that A&M doesn't?

As a job, we are competitive at every level. Texas is a bigger brand and some of the best baseball history. But how meaningful is that to Schloss at his age? Their fan base and institution are fickle.

Pierce probably wanted a new stadium too. All coaches do. If Schloss truly likes our fans he's in for a rude awakening in Austin.
This sip boot licker lays out why he would leave.

For those that don't want to give him the satisfaction of a click, his only reason is because A&M isn't God's chosen school for all people...The University of by God Texas!

Hard truth that many of you will flame about. Texas is a blue chip program in both football and baseball. We are not. We are gaining on that in both categories. Competing in the SEC is giving us the ability to emerge from their shadow. We gained on that this baseball season. Will Schloss leave to become a blue chip coach? I don't know. But what he has done here, maybe will yet do, has helped our climb immensely. Gig 'em.
You are confusing blue chip with blue blood.

We do not have blue blood.

Who cares? In yesterday's college landscape, that meant something. Not in 2024.

We have the #1 NIL program in the NCAA, and that is the name of the game right now. The blue bloods were complacent enough to rest on their laurels when NIL came out. A&M was smart enough to innovate and get out in front of the curve on this.

I compare A&M in 2023 - 2024 to Mack Brown in the 90's. He was the one that was willing to push the limits on what is acceptable for recruiting, and tu experienced the benefits. A&M was ready to do that with NIL on day 1. We read the rules, understood the rules, and toed the line to get the best advantage that we could / can.

And since, in the new NIL world, the most important thing is resources, A&M is going to be a nationally ranked competitor in each and every sport if / until they change the NIL game.

I don't think there is a difference in "blue chip " vs "blue blood." They are the same to me.
Mark Stoops
BusterAg said:

Mark Stoops said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

What does Texas have that A&M doesn't?

As a job, we are competitive at every level. Texas is a bigger brand and some of the best baseball history. But how meaningful is that to Schloss at his age? Their fan base and institution are fickle.

Pierce probably wanted a new stadium too. All coaches do. If Schloss truly likes our fans he's in for a rude awakening in Austin.
This sip boot licker lays out why he would leave.

For those that don't want to give him the satisfaction of a click, his only reason is because A&M isn't God's chosen school for all people...The University of by God Texas!

Hard truth that many of you will flame about. Texas is a blue chip program in both football and baseball. We are not. We are gaining on that in both categories. Competing in the SEC is giving us the ability to emerge from their shadow. We gained on that this baseball season. Will Schloss leave to become a blue chip coach? I don't know. But what he has done here, maybe will yet do, has helped our climb immensely. Gig 'em.
If you think A&M isnt a blue chip program in football or baseball you need to reexamine your sports brain. Blue Chip programs hire national title winning coaches from other schools and provide the resources and infrastructure to win big. We were not always a blue chip in either sport. We are now though and have been for a few years.

The only way you could define A&M as a blue-chip in any of the three major sports is if the definition of blue-chip gives absolutely zero weight to results. So if that's your definition, fine. But I'm not sure how much it says other than we are really good and flushing a lot of money down the toilet.

Basically to any normal person with no connection to the school, hearing that A&M is a blue blood in any major program is a laughable thought.
1 run shy of a national championship in baseball is a good result. We had UT on the ropes, just ran out of outs. And this is the second year in a row in Omaha.

The UT baseball offense this year was arguably the best since LSU 1997, when they were using a now banned bat. A&M had a great baseball team this year, but UT was better than most champions.

You keep getting shots on goal, and one of them is going in.

I don't disagree with any of this. It also doesn't refute anything I said.
Eliminatus
AG
Imagine my not surprise to see 300+ new replies on this thread.

We just can't help ourselves can we and yes, tu played (playing) us like a fiddle and if you don't believe that was not planned, well…..I dunno. You're wrong or something.
outlawjw
Get ready for the meltdown...my connected sip friend says Schloss has signed a contract and he's gone. Hope he's wrong but he's pretty tied in.
Who?mikejones!
outlawjw said:

Get ready for the meltdown...my connected sip friend says Schloss has signed a contract and he's gone. Hope he's wrong but he's pretty tied in.

Name names
AG
outlawjw said:

Posting on orange bloods a lot does not make one "tied in"
1991sir
Tied in to Gerry Hamilton?
BohunkAg
AG
outlawjw said:

Soooo transparent.
Hornbeck
AG
outlawjw said:

So… he bought his t-shirt at the bookstore on campus versus buying it at Wal-Mart? Which distinguished SWT alumnus is this, exactly?

P.S. you need to re-evaluate your "friends".
StinkyPinky
AG
Eliminatus said:

We just can't help ourselves can we and yes, tu played (playing) us like a fiddle and if you don't believe that was not planned, well…..I dunno. You're wrong or something.
There's been a lot of bathroom time today.
FTAG 2000
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Eliminatus said:

There's been a lot of bathroom time today.

User name checks out
PA24
AG
Coach has a nucleus of players coming back plus will add more from the portal.

Hope he forces the suits to double the commitment $$$ to the facilities. Sips plan to cause a rucus backfires…LOL
Sterling82
I have no idea what's in play. But Zane shouldn't be ridiculed and asked the question as delicately as possible. He's the press…it's what they do.
backintexas2013
AG
Nobody seems to be reporting anything. One guy "heard" a contract was signed. Nobody else has said a word.
trouble
AG
Contracts are often not even signed for weeks after someone is on campus. They agree to terms prior to announcement.

This person doesn't even know how **** works.
TXAG 05
AG
Sterling82 said:

I have no idea what's in play. But Zane shouldn't be ridiculed and asked the question as delicately as possible. He's the press…it's what they do.

It was a better question than the standard, "how do you feel about this loss?" that every other reporter asks in these situations.
barbacoa taco
AG
whatever. the question was asked. it's done. i thought the answer would have put the rumors to bed but apparently it did the opposite.
Hungry Ojos
well_endowed_ag said:

The sips' decision to fire their coach the same day as our final game was not to signal they were hiring Schloss. It was to get us riled up and create internal strife within our program. In fact I'm sure CDC specifically wanted Schloss questioned by the A&M media about the job knowing that they weren't going to hire him, just for a scene to be made. Mission accomplished. As usual, sip knows how to play the media and public image game, and we play right into their hands by questioning the loyalty of a coach who wasn't even considering leaving, right after he losses the CWS.

It was stupid to ask that question. Applying any amount of logic to the situation would have led any rational person to conclude he wasn't leaving, but instead our media get in a frenzy and piss him off. I'm sure CDC is thrilled. Thanks, Richard Zane.
The question should not have been "are you taking the tu job". It should have been along the lines of: "coach, I'm sure you've heard by now that Texas fired their baseball coach and publicly announced it on the day your team was preparing to play for a national championship. Many in the fan base took offense to that and saw it, at best, as Texas trying to steal your thunder, but at worse, trying to cause a distraction before the game tonight. Either way, what are your thoughts on the timing of the announcement and did it cause any distractions."

Journalism isn't difficult.
histag10
AG
trouble said:

Contracts are often not even signed for weeks after someone is on campus. They agree to terms prior to announcement.

This person doesn't even know how **** works.

Anyone who would sign a contract this quickly would be dumb (not enough due diligence time). Schloss is not dumb.
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

1991sir said:

Just repeating Billy off the radio lol

Oh I heard it. Of course he had Zane's. Back. Knew he would.

But all his justification for giving the green light was.

"It's out there"

That's it

He also said Texas announcing the firing on the final day was disrespectful to both head coaches. Which it was. But we don't have to double down being disrespectful to Schloss by asking the questing on the same day.

It's kind of ironic to state that and then basically do the same thing.
You know what is also ironic? You talk about the coach deserving respect (and he does deserve respect)

But the moment any poster has a different opinion than you, you are rude and call them obtuse.

How about you showing others respect on here as well? We are all just debating and giving our opinions.

I hope you are right about Schloss staying 100%. I am not so sure. I think it might be 60-40% staying. Just because we have different opinions doesn't mean you have to be all rude about it.
LB12Diamond
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

well_endowed_ag said:

The question should not have been "are you taking the tu job". It should have been along the lines of: "coach, I'm sure you've heard by now that Texas fired their baseball coach and publicly announced it on the day your team was preparing to play for a national championship. Many in the fan base took offense to that and saw it, at best, as Texas trying to steal your thunder, but at worse, trying to cause a distraction before the game tonight. Either way, what are your thoughts on the timing of the announcement and did it cause any distractions."

Journalism isn't difficult.

I would prefer no reaction at all from their antics. I think that sends an even stronger message. Just have Trev announce an extension latter in the week.

But if that's not possible, than yes, by all means word it in a way similar to as you state. In a respectful way towards Schloss.
LB12Diamond
AG
As the guy in Dune states. I will respect anyone that shows similar respect. The two posters I stated were obtuse was after several back and forths. I gave them a chance to improve their response. But they earned the obtuse response just like the warden in Shawshank. I have responded to several posters on this thread and did not use that response because their debates were normal.

I typically just ignore posters that earn a response like that one. But they kept responding. So be it.
Hungry Ojos
Onionman said:

LB12Diamond said:

1991sir said:

Just repeating Billy off the radio lol

Oh I heard it. Of course he had Zane's. Back. Knew he would.

But all his justification for giving the green light was.

"It's out there"

That's it

He also said Texas announcing the firing on the final day was disrespectful to both head coaches. Which it was. But we don't have to double down being disrespectful to Schloss by asking the questing on the same day.

It's kind of ironic to state that and then basically do the same thing.
How about you showing others respect on here as well? We are all just debating and giving our opinions.

Interesting...
1991sir
Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I don't see him coming back to College station and walking through the fans smiling and high fivin if he had already agreed to leave for TU. I could be wrong.
TXCityGirl
Only concern is that he did NOT wear Aggie gear on the trip home. None. All neutral clothing/shoes.
dBoy99
AG
Is the goal of a journalist to ask a question that will be longer than a suitable answer?
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

As the guy in Dune states. I will respect anyone that shows similar respect. The two posters I stated were obtuse was after several back and forths. I gave them a chance to improve their response. But they earned the obtuse response just like the warden in Shawshank. I have responded to several posters on this thread and did not use that response because their debates were normal.

I typically just ignore posters that earn a response like that one. But they kept responding. So be it.
Neither myself nor the other poster you insulted deserved that.

You talk about respect and rising above and then you completely do the opposite on here.

Go look in the mirror dude.

PS - I'm far from perfect. I get angry at the Ags losing and say mean things. I can't stand that Hungry Ojos poster always saying how the Ags are going lose and posting negative stuff. I'm still trying to be better myself so I need to look in the mirror too.
Medaggie
Blue chip programs do not worry about losing their coach when another college opening happens.

If you are worried then you are not blue chip. There are maybe 2 programs at the level of Texas. History matters.

Look at almost any program rankings and the top 3 are USC/Lsu/ut with each having a debatable reason

USC -most titles ever
LSU -most dominant past 20 yrs
tu - most cws appearance and 2nd most title.

Mark Stoops
Quote:

The two posters I stated were obtuse was after several back and forths. I gave them a chance to improve their response. But they earned the obtuse response just like the warden in Shawshank.

Good lord what a dork

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.