SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,896 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now we talking about wives leaving?

Guys, this is getting weird…
LB12Diamond
AG
1991sir said:

Just repeating Billy off the radio lol

Oh I heard it. Of course he had Zane's. Back. Knew he would.

But all his justification for giving the green light was.

"It's out there"

That's it

He also said Texas announcing the firing on the final day was disrespectful to both head coaches. Which it was. But we don't have to double down being disrespectful to Schloss by asking the questing on the same day.

It's kind of ironic to state that and then basically do the same thing.
Bryanisbest
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

What does Texas have that A&M doesn't?

As a job, we are competitive at every level. Texas is a bigger brand and some of the best baseball history. But how meaningful is that to Schloss at his age? Their fan base and institution are fickle.

Pierce probably wanted a new stadium too. All coaches do. If Schloss truly likes our fans he's in for a rude awakening in Austin.
This sip boot licker lays out why he would leave.

For those that don't want to give him the satisfaction of a click, his only reason is because A&M isn't God's chosen school for all people...The University of by God Texas!

Hard truth that many of you will flame about. Texas is a blue chip program in both football and baseball. We are not. We are gaining on that in both categories. Competing in the SEC is giving us the ability to emerge from their shadow. We gained on that this baseball season. Will Schloss leave to become a blue chip coach? I don't know. But what he has done here, maybe will yet do, has helped our climb immensely. Gig 'em.
If you think A&M isnt a blue chip program in football or baseball you need to reexamine your sports brain. Blue Chip programs hire national title winning coaches from other schools and provide the resources and infrastructure to win big. We were not always a blue chip in either sport. We are now though and have been for a few years.

There are about 8 blue chip schools in each category. We are not one of them in either sport
ColoAggie12
AG
Death, taxes, the zoo making us look like little brother in forums
Caesar4
AG
ColoAggie12 said:

Death, taxes, the zoo making us look like little brother in forums
Sort of get your point about all the bickering. But, the "zoo" is specifically forum 5.
LB12Diamond
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

As a job, we are competitive at every level. Texas is a bigger brand and some of the best baseball history. But how meaningful is that to Schloss at his age? Their fan base and institution are fickle.

Pierce probably wanted a new stadium too. All coaches do. If Schloss truly likes our fans he's in for a rude awakening in Austin.

For those that don't want to give him the satisfaction of a click, his only reason is because A&M isn't God's chosen school for all people...The University of by God Texas!

Hard truth that many of you will flame about. Texas is a blue chip program in both football and baseball. We are not. We are gaining on that in both categories. Competing in the SEC is giving us the ability to emerge from their shadow. We gained on that this baseball season. Will Schloss leave to become a blue chip coach? I don't know. But what he has done here, maybe will yet do, has helped our climb immensely. Gig 'em.
If you think A&M isnt a blue chip program in football or baseball you need to reexamine your sports brain. Blue Chip programs hire national title winning coaches from other schools and provide the resources and infrastructure to win big. We were not always a blue chip in either sport. We are now though and have been for a few years.

There are about 8 blue chip schools in each category. We are not one of them in either sport

Schloss said his goal is to build a program like Florida.

He also stated death, taxes and gators at the CWS.

Schloss has done the following in just three years at A&M. Final 4 and second overall. He's on a very fast pace to just doing that. Making A&M a program at the level of the Gators.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Bryanisbest said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Maybe in 2012 but not today. There are 3 blue chips in football: Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan. Everyone else is a level down, including tu, OU, Notre Dame and us. I am not talking history, I am talking today. Facilities, recruiting, infrastructure, NIL, and the future.

In baseball, there are no blue chips anymore or to flip it around there are 20 and we definitely one. History and brand power matter the least in college baseball compared to football and basketball while the sport has changed the most in the past 15 years. Gone are the days of poor facilities and no money so high end recruits automatically drifted to LSU and tu.

We are here to stay. This view that we are second tier is big 12 thinking/small thinking.
Bryanisbest
AG
We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
I disagree, we have arrived. We haven't won but we have arrived. Just look at the football roster and recruiting post Jimbo. A second tier program that hasn't arrived doesn't roll out a roster that talented in this day and age with the portal. Same with recruiting, we haven't missed a beat. Clearly people think we have arrived.
Check baseball too.
BusterAg
AG
Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

You are confusing blue chip with blue blood.

We do not have blue blood.

Who cares? In yesterday's college landscape, that meant something. Not in 2024.

We have the #1 NIL program in the NCAA, and that is the name of the game right now. The blue bloods were complacent enough to rest on their laurels when NIL came out. A&M was smart enough to innovate and get out in front of the curve on this.

I compare A&M in 2023 - 2024 to Mack Brown in the 90's. He was the one that was willing to push the limits on what is acceptable for recruiting, and tu experienced the benefits. A&M was ready to do that with NIL on day 1. We read the rules, understood the rules, and toed the line to get the best advantage that we could / can.

And since, in the new NIL world, the most important thing is resources, A&M is going to be a nationally ranked competitor in each and every sport if / until they change the NIL game.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
BusterAg said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

You are confusing blue chip with blue blood.

We do not have blue blood.

Who cares? In yesterday's college landscape, that meant something. Not in 2024.

We have the #1 NIL program in the NCAA, and that is the name of the game right now. The blue bloods were complacent enough to rest on their laurels when NIL came out. A&M was smart enough to innovate and get out in front of the curve on this.

I compare A&M in 2023 - 2024 to Mack Brown in the 90's. He was the one that was willing to push the limits on what is acceptable for recruiting, and tu experienced the benefits. A&M was ready to do that with NIL on day 1. We read the rules, understood the rules, and toed the line to get the best advantage that we could / can.

And since, in the new NIL world, the most important thing is resources, A&M is going to be a nationally ranked competitor in each and every sport if / until they change the NIL game.
This right here. Too many people are caught up in the history of the sport and how it used to be. The game has changed so much so rapidly that is has made history a non factor.
Mark Stoops

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

The only way you could define A&M as a blue-chip in any of the three major sports is if the definition of blue-chip gives absolutely zero weight to results. So if that's your definition, fine. But I'm not sure how much it says other than we are really good and flushing a lot of money down the toilet.

Basically to any normal person with no connection to the school, hearing that A&M is a blue blood in any major program is a laughable thought.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Bryanisbest said:

How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?
Seasoned Lifeguard

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Um, blue blood programs do all of that plus win national championships
TAMU1990
AG
JR Ewingford said:

Silent For Too Long said:

There is zero chance Schloss leaves A&M for Austin.

Any poster who says otherwise is either an under cover sip or was dropped on the head too much as a kid.

And you know this how? Him and that tool Del Conte are good friends. There is smoke to this. Lets hope he stays here

What a friend to announce the firing and crank up the internet rumor mill on your biggest night.

I had no issue with Schloss speaking in the past tense. The season was over. His mind had already shifted to next year and the last week of the portal.

The Braden comment was about leverage. We all know what he's gonna do but there's no reason to ask what he's going to do.

Schloss has always given deference to TCU. They were a better program than we were at the time. That's a fact. He enjoyed his time there and had built it. He obviously wanted a challenge and a life change when he came here.

AggieArchitect04
AG
I wonder if other championship winning teams struggle with deciding if they are blue chip or blue blood.

I think A&M is progressive! We identify as a blue chip.
1991sir
My brother's sister is dating Schloss's dentist who operated in college station… he called and set up an appointment for next Monday…. Must mean he is staying! just as credible as all these others with deep deep sources within the Tu program..
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Seasoned Lifeguard said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Um, blue blood programs do all of that plus win national championships
I didn't say we are a blue blood. I said blue chip. Meaning we are one of the elite programs that can now attract the talent to win, can attract the coaches and staff and ADs to win, and have the resources/facilities/and infrastructure to win. News flash, we didn't have all these ingredients until recently. We either poorly organized or underfunded which led to budget hires and the inability to attract top talent on and off the field.
BadAggie
AG
A&M in the championship series, sips having wet dreams about our coach, and some Ags seem confused about what it all means.

Texas Aggies in every endeavor other than sports: 'Someday you'll work for me.'

'Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!'

Texas Aggies with sports:

htxag09
AG
LB12Diamond said:

1991sir said:

"It's out there"

That's it

He also said Texas announcing the firing on the final day was disrespectful to both head coaches. Which it was. But we don't have to double down being disrespectful to Schloss by asking the questing on the same day.

I don't think the question was disrespectful. I think if they didn't ask it everyone would be saying "TexAgs is sweeping this under the rug. What are they hiding?"

That said, I also understand Schloss's response. I mean take it in the context of just losing the national championship by one run. When I was walking back to the hotel from the game I was ready to tell anyone who came up to me to "**** off". And I'm sure he was more upset about it than me….
LB12Diamond
AG
Do you typically say something is disrespectful and then do basically the same thing? Just curious

FYI. Schloss said it was selfish. Did you miss that part?
Who?mikejones!
Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Since nil and with ou/tu added:

Lsu
Tamu
Arkansas
Tennessee
Fla
Tu
Ole miss
Miss st
Usc
Vandy
Bama
Uga
Ou
Mizzou

Edit to say: there ain't alot of difference for the top 6 or 7
ChubbyHubby
LB12Diamond said:

1991sir said:

"It's out there"

That's it

It is the media's job to ask that question, if anything I don't think the question was direct enough about if he is staying or leaving which enabled Schloss to dance around that part of his answer
Hornbeck
AG
BadAggie said:

A&M in the championship series, sips having wet dreams about our coach, and some Ags seem confused about what it all means.

Texas Aggies in every endeavor other than sports: 'Someday you'll work for me.'

'Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!'

Texas Aggies with sports:

Username checks out.
htxag09
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Do you typically say something is disrespectful and then do basically the same thing? Just curious

I think it's not that black and white.

I mean it's easy to say your rival is disrespectful for doing something. And since it's your rival you probably have a biased view of what is and isn't truly disrespectful (not saying this wasn't).

But, at the end of the day, as the largest media and journalism company following Texas A&M athletics you have a duty to report the news to your followers. Whether it was disrespectful by Texas is kind of moot at that point, the elephant was in the room.

I will say I was surprised when I found out who asked the question. But TexAgs has a rap on here of not really reporting the news when it's bad, just sunshine pumping. This site, aka TexAgs followers, would have been more angry if they didn't ask.
LB12Diamond
AG
It is for me. When I heard the question was asked, I thought it was inappropriate and I had not even heard Schloss's response. Later I hear the response and thought, great job coach. His response had zero bearing on my thought of the question. Texas was wrong in what they did and also the question in my opinion.

Hey I get it. What makes the world a great place is our differences. That's fine. I align more with Schloss's beliefs.
Bryanisbest
AG
Until we win a World Series or at least continually go there we cannot be ranked in the top 8 nation wide. Until we win a natty in football in the modern era we cannot be considered to be on the level of tu, Okla, Bama, USC, notre Dame, Ohio St, Michigan, or Georgia. Baseball has a similar 8 that we are also not yet a part of.
LB12Diamond
AG
It's interesting to me you are trying to justify your stance bc Schloss only responded that way bc of the timing of the question.

Hello

Yes, that's my exact point. LOL

The timing of the question was horrible.

My first post on this thread on page one, I am pretty sure had the most stars of any post in this thread. My main point was horrible timing.

You are responding now that Schloss reacted that way bc of the timing.

Ding Ding Ding

Thanks for proving my point for me.
BusterAg
AG
Mark Stoops said:

Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

The only way you could define A&M as a blue-chip in any of the three major sports is if the definition of blue-chip gives absolutely zero weight to results. So if that's your definition, fine. But I'm not sure how much it says other than we are really good and flushing a lot of money down the toilet.

Basically to any normal person with no connection to the school, hearing that A&M is a blue blood in any major program is a laughable thought.
1 run shy of a national championship in baseball is a good result. We had UT on the ropes, just ran out of outs. And this is the second year in a row in Omaha.

The UT baseball offense this year was arguably the best since LSU 1997, when they were using a now banned bat. A&M had a great baseball team this year, but UT was better than most champions.

You keep getting shots on goal, and one of them is going in.
htxag09
AG
nm just being obtuse...
bizag07
If Brent Z (who was not there) asks that question, and it was a total Brent question to ask, or if Travis Brown asks that question, there is no fracas. (Other than people hating Brent Z for asking those types of questions).

There IS an assumption (one that's rather misguided), that TexAgs knows all things.

It should be clear as day that they don't. Quite connected, but ADs are selective when they leak. Case in point- Liucci didn't get the Stoops thing from our side- he got it from Kentucky insiders.

From an optics standpoint, it would have become a non-thing if any other media outlet asked the question.

Because they don't control and massage messages the way that TexAgs does, and has to, it brings in the assumption that they are sitting on something (which they're probably not, they just don't know).
FunkyTownAg
AG
Well then he should be mad at his "buddy" CDC
StinkyPinky
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Sponge said:

How about this question: Zane, have you been fired yet?

What for? Doing his job?

This has already been covered on this thread multiple times from the very first responses. That question did not have to be asked last night. It's that simple. Rise above how sips handle things and handle things the right way.

Schloss's opening statement should have given Zane pause on holding that type of question off until Schloss's next interview following such a great season. Do your job correctly, not like the sips act.
I agree. I feel like we are in a DO Loop. And yes, there is a time and place for everything, and that wasn't it. The focus should have been on the players or the game itself.
austinag1997
AG
Reed McDonald 92 said:

I usually don't engage in these speculation threads. But I can't resist this time.

While it's true that anything can happen (as in "never" is a strong word), Coach Schloss has never given any indication he had any interest in moving on to another program should the right opportunity present itself. On the contrary, he has consistently said the stars aligned to bring him here, he wanted to build a monster program that repeated success year upon year, he wanted to build a Taj Mahal of baseball, he loves everything about Aggieland, especially the 12th Man, and on and on.

When did Schloss say he desires to be the highest paid coach in the land? I must've missed that interview.
I do recall him constantly saying he wanted to build a stellar program and an amazing baseball stadium.

Where the F on the 40 acres does tu plan to build their Taj Mahal?? No doubt they'll eventually have a nice stadium. But the logistics make it far more difficult and unlikely that it'll happen anytime soon. Yet here in Aggieland, we have far fewer logistical challenges for that. And we also have the commitment to get it done.

I'm convinced a lot of the thin-skinned idiots perpetuating this rumor are simply trolls. The rest are the "I deserve to know answers now" generation. First, no you don't. As difficult as it is to believe, NO YOU DON'T. Second, put on your big boy pants and quit being pu****s. It's embarrassing and maddening. And if you're behaving this way and not a troll, you're negatively impacting the program and you're the reason outsiders point and laugh.

Zane did not have to ask the question to quell your feels. And from the posts since the question, it's apparent some of you will go ahead and believe he's still leaving. Or you're a troll.

Damn right.
annie88
AG
I believe he's staying too, but if he were to go to tu especially after that comment, then there's the door.

I think this was nothing more than a red herring.

But I expect him to be our coach next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.