SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,793 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
90ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They've been friends for a long time and why this always had some legs and everyone has known that. Schloss has been wanting huge guarantees for dramatic stadium improvements and changes (he's taken some subtle opinions on some of A&M traditions that need to change and that he's had some disagreement with older former students who did not want to budge - has had a few di).

Hope is only been posturing for more by him, but if it does happen, will look poorly on those involved. Trev has been busy counting dollars to not spend as the money hole from Jimbo was larger than most will talk about to the public.

Put Van Horn on speed dial just in case.

Note, wish pitching coach was ready to lead a team, but unknown if that would be the case or not.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Ag1188
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

So, ou's coach and who else?
clemson or UNC coach any good and player's coach?
2thFixinAg
I predict he stays. But those effers are going to make us put even more $$ pressure on a strained athletic budget.

Ag1188
AG
Aggies2009 said:

I wonder what's gonna happen to things like the dance team that Schloss force fed to us because his daughter wanted it. He blasted our entire fanbase because one guy held up a newspaper.
Yell Leaders incoming
AvidAggie
AG
I keep saying Pierce is available but no one seems to like him
JR Ewingford
Del conte and JS are good friends
sincereag
From reading the tealeaves, I think Schloss knew he was leaving or strongly considering it during the CWS. One college baseball analyst noted how calm Schloss appeared in the dugout throughout the games and especially during tense moments. He even joked with the on field reporter last night about scoring 17 runs. In the past Schloss would not be so relaxed and carefree. He also has gone overboard in praising the 12th Man in his interviews and said he could almost cry when talking about them. The way he was offended by Zane's question seems to suggest it got him uncomfortable with the situation. If he jnows he's staying, why would you get offensive about it. Just say I love it here and tu can go pound sand. These are not normal emotions of a coach knowing he's going to stay with the program. Just my observations and opinion..I hope I'm dead wrong.
Ag1188
AG
I'd guess CDC tried convincing him they'd build a new huge stadium, and it would essentially be the professional team of Austin.
backintexas2013
AG
Oregon coach and possibly Kentucky
fightingfarmer09
Logic says in this situation that he should be using leverage for high wages for his staff, faster timeline for facilities, and then more money for himself.

Money for yourself is obvious, but there are more highly paid, unsuccessful coaches than you can count. If you want to build a championship program you want to be valued, and have your players and staff valued.
barbacoa taco
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Remember how frustrated schloss got with aggie fans there for a while?

He's gonna hate sip fans, should he actually go there.

No? this is news to me. I thought he had nothing but good things to say about our fans.

Wanting a stadium upgrade is a different story.
BadAggie
AG
Last time we had a rival school with an AD with a connection to an Aggie coach rumored to be trying to lure him away it cost dearly.

Guess I'm more jaded than anything when it comes to coaches at this point, especially if their 'friend' is helping them drive up the cost for A&M to retain them.

Slicer97
AG
Ag Tag said:

When will we know?
Later than right now. And you can take that to the bank.
Ag1188
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Agthatbuilds said:

No? this is news to me. I thought he had nothing but good things to say about our fans.

He got mad last year at some of our old fans holding up newspapers when the girls were dancing. And he once got mad at a fan criticizing the players from the stands.
RED AG 98
AG
Ag1188
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Oregon coach and possibly Kentucky
skeptical of both those guys.
Who?mikejones!
Quote:

Texas A&M head coach Jim Schlossnagle was not happy after his team's weekend series against Portland, which featured the visiting Pilots sweeping the Aggies in College Station, Texas. However, it wasn't because of the play of his players as Schlossnagle expressed open displeasure at some of the fans in attendance at Blue Bell Park after the final game of the series.

In the final game of the series, Texas A&M scored three runs in the bottom of the ninth as it almost completed a comeback to beat Portland. But they ended up losing 5-4.

When asked about his team staying in the game for the entire nine innings, Schlossnagle started out praising his guys before taking a detour to talk about the fans.

"I believe in 'em. I believe in 'em. I've been telling him the whole time, I believe in 'em," Schlossnagle said. "This is a tough game. We get our own fans yelling at our players over the dugout. I don't what kind of place this is but I thought there was some Aggie loyalty around here. I've got a dude holding up a frickin' newspaper on one of the dance teams over on the other side. But I don't know. I need to keep my mouth shut but I'm excited for our team, excited for the crowd, happy for the core. The crowd played a big role in the game long as they keep cheering for our guys."
Ag1188
AG
Aggies2009 said:

I wonder what's gonna happen to things like the dance team that Schloss force fed to us because his daughter wanted it.
his daughter? Wow, she has more testosterone than the men in the admin apparently. Props to her.
Caesar4
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Looks like Pablo Escobar.
smb114
sincereag said:

From reading the tealeaves, I think Schloss knew he was leaving or strongly considering it during the CWS. One college baseball analyst noted how calm Schloss appeared in the dugout throughout the games and especially during tense moments. He even joked with the on field reporter last night about scoring 17 runs. In the past Schloss would not be so relaxed and carefree. He also has gone overboard in praising the 12th Man in his interviews and said he could almost cry when talking about them. The way he was offended by Zane's question seems to suggest it got him uncomfortable with the situation. If he jnows he's staying, why would you get offensive about it. Just say I love it here and tu can go pound sand. These are not normal emotions of a coach knowing he's going to stay with the program. Just my observations and opinion..I hope I'm dead wrong.

If he actually leaves like this I sure hope the 12th Man makes him cry when he returns
Aggies2009
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Agthatbuilds said:

He flat out said, "I don't know what kind of people you are here" when a guy held up a newspaper instead of watching the dance team
Who?mikejones!
The biggest thing to me is that there's absolutely silence from the people who'd normally be in the position to deny this. Nothing from Lucci, texags, local reporters, the athletic department, schloss, players or anyone else actually in the thick of it.
themissinglink
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Logic says in this situation that he should be using leverage for high wages for his staff, faster timeline for facilities, and more money.

Money for yourself is obvious, but there are more highly paid, unsuccessful coaches than you can count. If you want to build a championship program you want to be valued, and have your players and staff valued.
I agree, but if our AD is out scrambling about it, it's not a good sign when the sips likely reach out weeks ago.

The question from Zane makes more sense if he was leaving. Billy said he gave Zane the green light. BIlly/Brauny probably sent a text to Schloss about it and didn't get a response.
W
AG
90ags said:

They've been friends for a long time and why this always had some legs and everyone has known that. Schloss has been wanting huge guarantees for dramatic stadium improvements and changes (he's taken some subtle opinions on some of A&M traditions that need to change and that he's had some disagreement with older former students who did not want to budge - has had a few di).

Hope is only been posturing for more by him, but if it does happen, will look poorly on those involved. Trev has been busy counting dollars to not spend as the money hole from Jimbo was larger than most will talk about to the public.

Put Van Horn on speed dial just in case.

Note, wish pitching coach was ready to lead a team, but unknown if that would be the case or not.
yep, there was a huge opportunity cost associated with the buyout
barbacoa taco
AG
ok, fair enough. but that's one guy (or maybe a few), at one game, last year. this sounds far from overall complaints about the fan base, a-la Mark Turgeon
trouble
AG
His grown ass daughter who didn't even live here?

No.
barbacoa taco
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

The biggest thing to me is that there's absolutely silence from the people who'd normally be in the position to deny this. Nothing from Lucci, texags, local reporters, the athletic department, schloss, players or anyone else actually in the thick of it.
because they are almost certainly investigating it, or waiting for more info to come out
Who?mikejones!
Schloss was partying with billy 2 weeks ago. Find it hard to believe Billy doesn't know
trouble
AG
Aggies2009 said:

barbacoa taco said:

Agthatbuilds said:

He flat out said, "I don't know what kind of people you are here" when a guy held up a newspaper instead of watching the dance team

It was a lot more than that. Let's not pretend. That guy wanted to be noticed and made a huge spectacle out of it.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

This is my thought, too. Nothing from TexAgs is worrying me.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
themissinglink
AG
sincereag said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. I remember the 2016 super regionals and TCU was very relaxed. Schloss said many times that the team has to play relaxed.
Captain Pablo
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Schloss was partying with billy 2 weeks ago. Find it hard to believe Billy doesn't know

Billy probably does know
TxAG#2011
Agthatbuilds said:

Whenever the info comes from the other side, the coach leaves.
Aggies2009
AG
barbacoa taco said:

ok, fair enough. but that's one guy (or maybe a few), at one game, last year. this sounds far from overall complaints about the fan base, a-la Mark Turgeon
Oh yeah. It wasn't on that level. It was a one-off comment after a Tuesday game we lost.
Ags77
AG
I really never thought Schloss would leave us for the horns. But when Kendall Roger's starts saying Texas is in a good position to get Schloss, we'll that is concerning to say the least. Kendall is very plugged in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.