SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,843 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HowdyTexasAggies said:

TecRecAg said:

I'm going to get burned at the stake for even posting this, I know. I have friends that are deeply, deeply connected to Texas baseball.

The short of it is - Schloss is gone. Expect it to be announced tomorrow morning. 10 yr/$32M.

Expect us to go hard after Skip @ OU. Skip will take the job in a heartbeat and plans to lobby for the job as well.

Sorry, that sounds like nothing more than the same wishful rumor that has been circulating. I am sure deeply connected sips believe it and are passing it around.

Yeah, I'm sure texas connections have seen him house shopping too.

That might very well be the deal that Texas offered schloss' agent. But that in no way means its a done deal.

It was just two weeks ago that schloss and Billy were partying it up after beating oregon.
TecRecAg
AG
He hasn't, no. His agent has.
chrisnbill
AG
Why not name your highly connected friends for us to judge the information?
TecRecAg
AG
I've also just heard it directly from a Big12 head coach who was in the running for the job and was told "nevermind, we got our guy"
barbacoa taco
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TecRecAg said:

I'm going to get burned at the stake for even posting this, I know. I have friends that are deeply, deeply connected to Texas baseball.

The short of it is - Schloss is gone. Expect it to be announced tomorrow morning. 10 yr/$32M.

Expect us to go hard after Skip @ OU. Skip will take the job in a heartbeat and plans to lobby for the job as well.
So he's been negotiating a contract with another team while in the College World Series?
exactly, that's the ridiculous implication here. even if they say oh no it was his agent negotiating everything, Schloss still has to meet with his agent and accept the terms, and the notion that he was secretly doing that during the CWS is preposterous. the only slightly realistic scenario is it was done before the CWS, which is also ridiculous, but only slightly less so.
TecRecAg
AG
Again, nothing is final until it's final. I'm just passing along what I've heard from people who played/coached at Texas and wouldn't go out of their way to blow smoke up my ass.

If I'm wrong, I apologize for passing along what I was told.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
TecRecAg said:

And what penance are you going to pay when your "deeply, deeply" (deeper, Daddy) sources don't pan out?

Let me choose your username for the next 5 years on TexAgs?
Agryan00
Why don't we make a pass at Sark!!!

Yes Texas has deeper pockets but we can drive up his salary.

Game goes both ways. Well that is when you have a decent Athletic Department.
TecRecAg
AG
I don't owe you anything. It's not like I'm claiming to have seen Schloss sign the deal. If I'm wrong, they're wrong and no one will care about what I've said as soon as Texas names a coach not named Schloss.
LB12Diamond
AG
I don't care now.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
TecRecAg said:

I don't owe you anything. It's not like I'm claiming to have seen Schloss sign the deal. If I'm wrong, they're wrong and no one will care about what I've said as soon as Texas names a coach not named Schloss.

You owe Schloss, the team, and everyone here for continuing to pour gasoline on a manure pile.
The man told you yesterday he isn't leaving but you'd rather rely on your deeper daddy teasip buddies.
Put up or shut up.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
TecRecAg said:

So brave. Wow.
LB12Diamond
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

TecRecAg said:

You owe Schloss, the team, and everyone here for continuing to pour gasoline on a manure pile.
The man told you yesterday he isn't leaving but you'd rather rely on your deeper daddy teasip buddies.
Put up or shut up.

This right here.

Why is it so hard for Aggies to rise above the BS that comes out of Austin.
PA24
AG
TecRecAg said:

Poop slap if you're wrong.
barbacoa taco
AG
God I hate coaching rumor mills.

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."
imnag07
AG
TecRec, I'm a nobody, but have a brother in law who's got connections to a Longhorn Hall of Fame baseball player who's said the same thing as what you've relayed. It's a done deal.

If it's bad info, then it's bad info.

And I won't be poop slapped or whatever for pouring gasoline on the fire. I don't believe Schloss would leave - other than for reasons that are trust / promises not kept related.
74AnimalA
AG
Aggies2009 said:

He didn't exactly say he was staying

It's a "When did you Stop Beating Your Wife?" question!

IMO he made it clear this is going to be his last job!
MagnumLoad
Does everyone remember the drama about Jimbo going to LSU to work for his friend? No matter what anyone said, it was a done deal. Personally, having a friend as my boss would eventually damage the friendship. Not a good combination.
swimmerbabe11
AGDAD14 said:

Several thoughts… coach has been in the profession long enough to know to expect the question and had days to prepare an answer.

No one should "leave" his family for a job. I'm not sure what he meant by that statement. But it didn't come across well.

I'm sure he's given everything he has to give at all his jobs. People still change jobs.

Did he show that kind of motion during the game? Maybe I missed it.

There is nothing wrong with reporters asking unwanted/hard/difficult/uncomfortable questions in the heat of the moment, as long as they aren't fabricated out of thin air.

this is my thought..

I cringed so hard when he said he left his family (he did) and I wondered if I was the only person who got a little gut punch knowing how he left. big yikes.b

I also don't have any problem with the question getting asked...or if someone asked any of the players if they were signing up for the draft. Buckle up kiddos, you wanted NIL money? gotta act like a pro.
aTm2004
AG
TecRecAg said:

Again, nothing is final until it's final. I'm just passing along what I've heard from people who played/coached at Texas and wouldn't go out of their way to blow smoke up my ass.

If I'm wrong, I apologize for passing along what I was told.
Are you new to sip arrogance? I mean, seriously. Are you new?
JR Ewingford
The smoke out of Austin is VERY real. This crap started weeks ago but just now came to light. A close friend with a certain coach says it goes either way at the moment. The bromance with Del Conte is real as well.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Schloss was two runs away from winning the title. Two. And he has a ton of committed support at A&M and has everything in place to be a juggernaut. I think a lot of people do not understand how difficult it is to get a program set up like Schloss has done at A&M. It would be very difficult to repeat that process for a third time. He knows this, any coach that has built a program knows this.
LB12Diamond
AG
Tom Hart just made a great point. The last time the Texas job was open 7/8 coaches all got raises. Thats going to happen again this time as well. It's part of the business but Schloss is not going to Texas. For those stressing on it. No reason to do it.

The thing though. Schloss has actually earned a raise anyway and I have full faith the next 10 years are going to be great with Schloss.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."

At what point in his response did he slam the door shut? He kept the door open. He talked all about why he came to A&M and how great it has been but didn't once directly state or indicate that he's staying. And he could have.
MagnumLoad
Pay attention to what he said throughout the interview, before the question. Some people just love drama and misery.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
LB12Diamond said:

Tom Hart just made a great point. The last time the Texas job was open 7/8 coaches all got raises. Thats going to happen again this time as well. It's part of the business but Schloss is not going to Texas. For those stressing on it. No reason to do it.
Not only this but this entire theatrical play is how tu does business. They claim they are going to steal some big time coach only to get some up and comer. Strong, Herman, Sark, Pierce, Shaka, and even Beard.
wangus12
AG
I still think it would arguably be the greatest backstabbing a coach ever did to a school and fanbase in the history of college athletics and I don't think Schloss is that type of guy.

If he is, then we majorly misjudged his character
aTm2004
AG
JR Ewingford said:

The smoke out of Austin is VERY real. This crap started weeks ago but just now came to light. A close friend with a certain coach says it goes either way at the moment.
No more "bromance" with CDC? The day of the biggest game of his career and that dear friend finds a way to inject himself into the conversation and be a distraction. Great friend.
LB12Diamond
AG
aTm2004 said:

JR Ewingford said:

The smoke out of Austin is VERY real. This crap started weeks ago but just now came to light. A close friend with a certain coach says it goes either way at the moment.
No more "bromance" with CDC? The day of the biggest game of his career and that dear friend finds a way to inject himself into the conversation and be a distraction. Great friend.

Excellent point
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
How many coaching searches have to occur in Austin for you guys to realize your sip buddies are just regurgitating the message board talking points and don't actually know anything?

Y'all are wild.
Four Seasons Landscaping
"I have no interest in any other job" -May 2021

But you guys think that quote from last night means anything
HeyAbbott
AG
Hello tu troll
Muktheduck
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

barbacoa taco said:

At what point in his response did he slam the door shut? He kept the door open. He talked all about why he came to A&M and how great it has been but didn't once directly state or indicate that he's staying. And he could have.

"I came to A&M to never take another job again. And my thinking on that hasn't changed"

There is no other way to read that statement. But hear what you want to hear I guess
fav13andac1)c
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

barbacoa taco said:

He said "I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again. And that hasn't changed in my mind."
JR Ewingford
aTm2004 said:

JR Ewingford said:

No clue. I cant stand em. However, this is one coach I'd like us to throw whatever is needed to keep em.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.