SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,921 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ctag76 said:

I know it was a tough question, but Zane did a good job asking it. Well done, Zane! You are the Olin Buchanan of your generation! (This is meant as a compliment.)

Thank you Mrs. Zane
Anonymous Source
S
LB12Diamond said:

We can agree to disagree. Schloss and the best A&M baseball team ever earned the right to be treated respectfully last night. Especially from an Aggie reporter.

The instant gratification aspect of society now a days is not a great area.
I don't think it's disrespectful to ask a relevant question in a timely fashion.
Gig 'Em
Who?mikejones!
How sips do things? What are you talking about?

This is standard stuff.
BBRex
AG
I like Schloss, but he's a coach. He's been through this before. He can handle tough questions. They come with the job.

Zane did what he needed to do as a reporter. It has nothing to do with being disrespectful. It was a question that had to be asked. And while Billy might have given him the green light to ask, A&M doesn't get the option to screen reporters' questions.
LB12Diamond
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

How sips do things? What are you talking about?

This is standard stuff.

Dang, your reaction shows I hit the mark.
Who?mikejones!
Wtf you going on about?
Sponge
AG
What do y'all expect Schloss to say?
"I have been in secret negotiations for weeks to take over the sip job if I lose the world series. I applaud Zane's hard hitting question and discovering the truth. Bye"
LB12Diamond
AG
Another obtuse poster. Shocking
LB12Diamond
AG
Understood

We have already covered we don't agree. Let's both say it another 30 times.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Why do some of y'all think reporters have (or should have) ANY obligation to the coach or team they cover?

There was nothing wrong or disrespectful about the question. Every suggestion that there was basically amounts to some statement that assumes the reporters job is to make sure the team/coaches don't ever have to deal with hard questions after emotional games.

I get schloss not liking it but that doesn't make it a disrespectful question.

It's like some of y'all think schloss pays Zane's salary.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
BBRex said:

I like Schloss, but he's a coach. He's been through this before. He can handle tough questions. They come with the job.

Zane did what he needed to do as a reporter. It has nothing to do with being disrespectful. It was a question that had to be asked. And while Billy might have given him the green light to ask, A&M doesn't get the option to screen reporters' questions.

I think this is a good post that is a reminder that while TexAgs is very pro A&M and all things TAMU focused media entity, they also are an independent media entity that has a professional duty to provide hard hitting journalistic pieces. They did that job last night by asking the Coach what his future plans are.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Sponge said:

"I have been in secret negotiations for weeks to take over the sip job if I lose the world series. I applaud Zane's hard hitting question and discovering the truth. Bye"

A reporter can ask a good question, even if they expect a generic answer.

Not expecting schloss to tip his hand shouldn't mean you avoid asking.

trouble
AG
Specialized said:

Anyone reassured by that answer is extremely gullible.

Whether he leaves, we shall see. But that answer and how defensive he was and angry and then walked off the stage so no follow up question could be asked seems to indicate to me that he's in serious talks. Hopefully he picks us

At a minimum, he didn't flatly say he's not leaving for leverage in contract negotiations with us. Which is obviously just good business on his part. We better promise a baseball cathedral for him today.

And hot chicks every night since he's recently divorced

It was already announced as the last question.

He has a very hot girlfriend.
Sq 17
The honeys like the money
FriscoKid
AG
The hysteria of him going to Austin was created on this board yesterday and then a board reporter asked him about the hysteria. (At a bad time). It's pretty ridiculous. That question couldn't wait a day or two or more? It had to be asked in that moment when the coach and the team just wrapped up the most successful season ever and came up two runs short? That was an emotional time for coach and the players and that's what you want to ask him about?
LB12Diamond
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Sponge said:

A reporter can ask a good question, even if they expect a generic answer.

Not expecting schloss to tip his hand shouldn't mean you avoid asking.

Or the question could be asked a couple of days latter after Schloss has set down with Trev and reviewed everything. Thus, getting a very clear and definitive answer. Not right after the final CWS game when Schloss has been focused on winning the CWS.

Schloss answered as best he could with timing presented from asking the question last night.
wangus12
AG
Yeah but the rumor was that Schloss had possibly agreed to a deal with the sips with a possibility of it being announced in the next few days. From a reporters perspective, this was definitely the only guaranteed time in which they'd be able to ask the question
LB12Diamond
AG
Rumor from the sips.
Similar to the rumors they are notorious for sending out. They have thrown out rumors on every top coach out there.

I laugh every time I hear a new rumor sent out by them. You go ahead and stress out.

Just a suggestion, Get better at reacting to sip BS is my advice

Here's an example:

CDC stated earlier this year the sips football game needed to be played on Thanksgiving.

Luckily many Ags like myself laughed at him. But many reacted all defensive and scared like they were going to get their way. Then of course later Trev makes comments at media days the game will not be on Thanksgiving.

Stop jumping to their BS.
Artorias
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

Nothing to add on this that hasn't already been said. But I found something interesting...

The Venn Diagram of people who are freaking out/reading way too into Schloss' comments to find a reason to believe he's gone and people whose vast majority of posts are on F16 is damn near a circle.

Carry on.
So he is definitely gone then?
agent-maroon
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.
Similar to the rumors they are notorious for sending out. They have thrown out rumors on every top coach out there.

I laugh every time I hear a new rumor sent out by them. You go ahead and stress out.
This morning's Google search has Schloss, Vitello, LSU Johnson, Clemson coach as the leading candidates. Basically a list of top SEC & ACC coaches. Personally hope that it's Vitello or Johnson so that the SEC gets their wake-up call acknowledging the cancer they just brought into the conference. And of course we keep Schloss.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Well...no one will be able to convince you otherwise, even as he's sitting in his office next season.

I kid.
Aggies2009
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

Nothing to add on this that hasn't already been said. But I found something interesting...

The Venn Diagram of people who are freaking out/reading way too into Schloss' comments to find a reason to believe he's gone and people whose vast majority of posts are on F16 is damn near a circle.

Carry on.
Politics makes people stressed and paranoid. Not exactly groundbreaking.
Ag1188
AG
Sponge said:

*if I don't make the World Series Final…
Ag1188
AG
agent-maroon said:

LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.

This morning's Google search has Schloss, Vitello, LSU Johnson, Clemson coach as the leading candidates. Basically a list of top SEC & ACC coaches. Personally hope that it's Vitello or Johnson so that the SEC gets their wake-up call acknowledging the cancer they just brought into the conference. And of course we keep Schloss.
vitello? On what planet? And your "wake-up call" is goofy and irrelevant.
Ag1188
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.

Here's an example:

CDC stated earlier this year the sips football game needed to be played on Thanksgiving.

Luckily many Ags like myself laughed at him. But many reacted all defensive and scared like they were going to get their way. Then of course later Trev makes comments at media days the game will not be on Thanksgiving.

yeah guys, you should've let coach sleep on it! Let him decide on his own timeframe. Ags don't need sleep.
The Banned
Ag1188 said:

agent-maroon said:

LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.

The planet where Texas overpays and all his current roster could transfer if they wanted to
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.

Here's an example:

This entire line of thinking is based on the idea that he is 100% staying and this is all just a big, mean question by a reporter to stir up drama.

I would be really disappointed in our media folks if they basically assume the "happy path" on all things and plan their questions accordingly.

If you think there is 0% reason to worry - great. I don't think anyone on this thread is trying to convince you otherwise. The friction is that some people think this is a story worth trying to get answers to and don't think reporters should just "wait a few days for everything to calm down" simply because it might make a highly paid coach a bit grumpy.
The Porkchop Express
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Why do some of y'all think reporters have (or should have) ANY obligation to the coach or team they cover?

There was nothing wrong or disrespectful about the question. Every suggestion that there was basically amounts to some statement that assumes the reporters job is to make sure the team/coaches don't ever have to deal with hard questions after emotional games.

I get schloss not liking it but that doesn't make it a disrespectful question.

It's like some of y'all think schloss pays Zane's salary.

100% agree. Plus, the coach isn't being held at gunpoint and brought straight from the field to the interview room. He has time in the locker room and most guys are able to take a little extra and gather themselves after a tough loss.

An unpleasant part of most coach's jobs is talking to the media. They are a great way to get your players the love and respect you know the deserve, but the flip side is that reporters can be real nags and very self-important.

That said, when the coach gets in the media room, he's there to do part of his job. If he didn't like the question he could have said "I'm here to stay" and moved on. Nothing to it. That reporter was smart to ask the question to get a baseline answer, because if the coach does leave, well now it's a bigger story.

There's nothing easy about that situation for a coach, but some reporters still believe tough honest questions are the key to good journalism, not just reporting what everyone is posting on Twitter and asking the Olin Special, "Hey coach, nice effort out there tonight."
BiochemAg97
AG
The Banned said:

Ag1188 said:

agent-maroon said:

LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.

The planet where Texas overpays and all his current roster could transfer if they wanted to

If recent history tells us anything, it is far more likely that Ags over pay. So even if sips came with the big offer, no doubt we would match.
TecRecAg
AG
I'm going to get burned at the stake for even posting this, I know. I have friends that are deeply, deeply connected to Texas baseball.

The short of it is - Schloss is gone. Expect it to be announced tomorrow morning. 10 yr/$32M.

Expect us to go hard after Skip @ OU. Skip will take the job in a heartbeat and plans to lobby for the job as well.
BiochemAg97
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

LB12Diamond said:

Rumor from the sips.

Here's an example:

This entire line of thinking is based on the idea that he is 100% staying and this is all just a big, mean question by a reporter to stir up drama.

I would be really disappointed in our media folks if they basically assume the "happy path" on all things and plan their questions accordingly.

If you think there is 0% reason to worry - great. I don't think anyone on this thread is trying to convince you otherwise. The friction is that some people think this is a story worth trying to get answers to and don't think reporters should just "wait a few days for everything to calm down" simply because it might make a highly paid coach a bit grumpy.

But if you are in the camp that thinks Schloss might be going to sip, then there is no answer that will change that, as evidenced by those on this thread and others.

If the answers don't matter, then why ask the question?
The Porkchop Express
AG
TecRecAg said:

I'm going to get burned at the stake for even posting this, I know. I have friends that are deeply, deeply connected to Texas baseball.

The short of it is - Schloss is gone. Expect it to be announced tomorrow morning. 10 yr/$32M.

Expect us to go hard after Skip @ OU. Skip will take the job in a heartbeat and plans to lobby for the job as well.
So he's been negotiating a contract with another team while in the College World Series?
Caesar4
backintexas2013
AG
No offense but if you were to know others would know and it would be out there in the media. Also that number is crazy and way overboard
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
TecRecAg said:

Sorry, that sounds like nothing more than the same wishful rumor that has been circulating. I am sure deeply connected sips believe it and are passing it around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.