SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,911 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
The Weast Side of Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Richard Zane just took a bullet for us by asking the question. Schloss was PISSED that his loyalty to A&M could even be questioned and stormed out of the press conference
AggieArchitect04
AG
Stream…recorded????
C@LAg
he gone.....

from the press conference.
Who?mikejones!
Yeses.

Please let vitello give ut the kiffin treatment again
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
Here's the live link. You'll likely just have to scrub backwards before Tennessee has their interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/live/XFWZJtTj6AM?si=5n_NCmT6IsKfUOw6
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
OP trolling right? Right?!?!?
Turf96
Where is the cruise ship guy now?
Commander Gorn
AG
Feel bad for Schloss having to discuss that in that moment, but I also get the question too
FireballAg
AG
Wow! That was…odd. Beautiful. A bit scary. Gig Em!
LB12Diamond
AG
Did he really ask him that

My gosh

Can people not read him and how much he loves this place. That question should have not been asked tonight.

I just saw the tweet below. Yes Schloss. An extremely selfish question by Zane.
Ags2013
AG
He's coming back and never leaving
gigem92
AG
themissinglink
AG
Eh… that's how I took it but he didn't completely slam the door shut. He said he left his family to take the job at A&M with the intention of never having to take another job again. He said the question was disrespectful (it probably could have been asked better)

In another question he said we've got kids coming on official visits this weekend and seemed to be looking forward to reloading the roster.
Aggies2009
AG
He didn't exactly say he was staying
Eliminatus
AG
Wow.

That was a really, really stupid question. Zero tact or courtesy. Wait until at least tomorrow FFS

ETA: This aged like milk. Still think the timing of it was tacky on the surface but if it is really true that TA suspected things and those things to happen very quickly but had no official yes/no and so forced this to get something on the record, then of course Zane is vindicated here.

Crowpie sucks but in the end, we ALL lost here.
Big_Russ
AG
Gig'em coach.
AgEng06
AG
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

Here's the live link. You'll likely just have to scrub backwards before Tennessee has their interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/live/XFWZJtTj6AM?si=5n_NCmT6IsKfUOw6

Love it. It's at about 23:30 in that video.
C@LAg
Aggies2009 said:

Mark Fairchild
AG
Totally Bad Form to ask him that question tonight. Really a bad decision!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
DallasArchAg05
AG
Really inappropriate to ask that question right now. Not cool at all by that reporter. Reporters should not base their questions on Texags baseball thread topics.

Hindsight Edit… I'll be the man that Schlossnagle is not and leave my original post up here and not hide from it. I assumed that Schloss was hurting and dealing with the agony of defeat from getting so close to his dream of winning a championship and falling just short. I also believed that he had respect and appreciation for A&M and that he had everything he wanted here and wouldn't even think of leaving. I assumed he had integrity and class. Clearly I was wrong with all of that. In hindsight he did not deserve the benefit of the doubt, but how were we to know?

If it had turned out that he wasn't the biggest scumbag in college baseball, then I would still feel the same way about the question. It just felt like bad timing given the emotions that a normal person would be feeling after a loss like that.

I also didn't know that TA had a reason to believe this had real legs. So now I take back my original post, and I'm glad the question was asked to bring all of this to light. The whole situation feels so dirty.
themissinglink
AG
Yeah, could have been asked better. Something along the lines of "what does the future hold for you and this program?"
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Aggies2009 said:

That is pathetic if that is what you got from his answer
Naked Hiker
AG
Apologies to OP. I thought you were full of it.
dabo man
AG
But Kirk Bohls heard from "someone" that he was leaving?!?
MPD280
Write that..
AG
I don't think it was good to ask at that time, but I think the timing of the tu firing also showed Schloss all he needed to know about that school.
fieldtrailer
AG
LB12Diamond said:

My gosh

Can people not read him and how much he loves this place. That question should have not been asked tonight.

You serious? Que the interview after the game at home last year. He's a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to us. He could have easily mentioned it himself during a press conf once the rumors started. Especially if sincere.
Ag1188
AG
gigem92 said:

surprised he didn't say this before the series even started. "Selfish question"…? Sounds like someone on defense would say.
agshark92
AG
Texas never had a chance, but even if they did, you really think that a coach would ever go to a school that announced the firing of their coach the same day their target is playing for a national championship. That is the ultimate diss. There's no way in hell Schloss was ever going there, but he certainly isn't after they try to F up his national championship.
agshark92
AG
Ag1188 said:

gigem92 said:

surprised he didn't say this before the series even started.

He shouldn't ever have to, and he kind of had a lot on his plate at the time.
TH36
Write that!!!!
TxAG#2011
Someone had to ask that question.
LB12Diamond
AG
fieldtrailer said:

LB12Diamond said:

My gosh

You serious? Que the interview after the game at home last year. He's a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to us. He could have easily mentioned it himself during a press conf once the rumors started. Especially if sincere.

This response of yours shows just how immature and lack of character you have to not understand.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Clipped it for everyone. Never done one of these before so I don't know if it's going to work.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxgdeoWOPHG97iun3HbjYZISpsEItaXwqT?si=VBbYiwJADW3dDr7v
Onionman
I really hope he stays.

He also said, "It's like asking Monty if he is going to sign for the draft."

Has me a bit nervous the way he answered it. Best baseball coach we have ever had.

But a horrible time to ask that question.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.