SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,734 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
HillCountry15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agthatbuilds said:

Sounds like he staying to me.

I understand his frustration but Zane had to ask.
No he didn't. Regardless if Schloss stays or if he leaves, his answer is obviously going to be "no I'm not leaving" right?

This question should have been left alone. Turn it into a write up from Looch or Hop or Brauny or OB- someone a little higher up the TexAgs totem pole that has a little more insider info.
NICU Dad
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

For years, we can't get reporters to ask Jimbo a hard-hitting question and tonight they go full on Leroy Jenkins in the press conference.
Hopefully Zane got chicken like old Leeroy.
LB12Diamond
AG
The Marksman said:

Embarrassing and disgraceful to ask that question tonight. The focus should be on the season we had and the players.

This everyone. If you cannot understand this one. That's a reflection of you and your own selfish needs.
bizag07
It's clear that no one at TexAgs (Liucci, Brauny, etc) has any kind of inside information on this one.

If so, Zane wouldn't have asked that question.

It definitely did not need to be asked, certainly in the heat of the moment (with players and parents around), and provided. No additional info.

All it did was piss Schloss off.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Zane better buy him a nice apology bottle next visit to TexAgs HQ. Nothing from Tennessee though.
The Asset 07
AG
As they say Coach was EL Pissed.. Billy might need to drop off a gift basket WITH turtle doves.
3rdGenAg05
AG
Where does Schloss' family live?…hopefully not in Austin.
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

The Marksman said:

Embarrassing and disgraceful to ask that question tonight. The focus should be on the season we had and the players.

This everyone. If you cannot understand this one. That's a reflection of you and your own selfish needs.
You mean like tu firing their coach the morning of the championship game???

They couldn't just wait 1 more day for that announcement?
FTAG 2000
AG
bizag07 said:

It's clear that no one at TexAgs (Liucci, Brauny, etc) has any kind of inside information on this one.

If so, Zane wouldn't have asked that question.

It definitely did not need to be asked, certainly in the heat of the moment (with players and parents around), and provided. No additional info.

All it did was piss Schloss off.

This. If Billy knew what was up Zane wouldn't have to ask that.
usmcbrooks
AgEng06 said:

The Weast Side of Kyle said:

Here's the live link. You'll likely just have to scrub backwards before Tennessee has their interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/live/XFWZJtTj6AM?si=5n_NCmT6IsKfUOw6

Love it. It's at about 23:30 in that video.
That's my(sniff) coach, (Sniff, Sniff) That's my coach!

He was genuinely pissed after that exchange.
Stone44
AG
F Zane and F tu. I hate the pencil neck media ass wipes. tu is delusional to think that every person wants their job. They did the same thing in football and all they could get was an assistant coach at Alabama that's an alcoholic and has barely a .500 record as a head coach. They just don't realize how irrelevant they are. F. cow.
AGDAD14
Several thoughts… coach has been in the profession long enough to know to expect the question and had days to prepare an answer.

No one should "leave" his family for a job. I'm not sure what he meant by that statement. But it didn't come across well.

I'm sure he's given everything he has to give at all his jobs. People still change jobs.

Did he show that kind of motion during the game? Maybe I missed it.

There is nothing wrong with reporters asking unwanted/hard/difficult/uncomfortable questions in the heat of the moment, as long as they aren't fabricated out of thin air.

I hope he stays… and GIG'EMS for years to come!!! BTHO tu forever!!!
FTAG 2000
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

He can't get that upset at the question and then turn around and leave - it would 100% validate the question in the first place.

It was the last question per the moderator. He got to break one off in Zane and walk off
themissinglink
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

He can't get that upset at the question and then turn around and leave - it would 100% validate the question in the first place.
They announced it was the last question before Zane asked it, so the getting up to leave wasn't him ending the press conference because of it. He left because the press conference was over.

I get why he would be upset at the question and answer the way he did. Biggest game of you career and reporters are asking if you are leaving. He did leave a small opening that it may be possible, but that's probably because his agent is still negotiating his extension.
usmcbrooks
Mark my words. Schloss is on his way and will be the Nick Saban of College Baseball.
Aginnebraska
AG
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

If you are a coach and want to be paid for performance AND loyalty...you say things like this. Pay the man and lets pony up some NIL cash for a couple more hitters.
JR Ewingford
Silent For Too Long said:

There is zero chance Schloss leaves A&M for Austin.

Any poster who says otherwise is either an under cover sip or was dropped on the head too much as a kid.

And you know this how? Him and that tool Del Conte are good friends. There is smoke to this. Lets hope he stays here
bizag07
Quote:

This. If Billy knew what was up Zane wouldn't have to ask that.
It's more than that- if he knew what was up, he would have specifically made sure the kid didn't ask any question of the sort.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't think there was anything wrong with that question. If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at Texas for pulling that stunt today. The question is a reminder of the bull**** they intentionally caused.
AgPowerUser
AG
It is a selfish question. He is upset by the loss and how it impacts the young men on his team. Not pandering to the media. I respect his response.

AND someone said he was divorced because he said he left his family for this job. His is not divorced but he physically left them in Fort Worth to take the A&M coaching job.
Onionman
Sex Panther said:

I don't think there was anything wrong with that question. If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at Texas for pulling that stunt today. The question is a reminder of the bull**** they intentionally caused.

Schloss said the guy asking the question was selfish.

I feel like tu is the selfish one. They want the focus to be on themselves. No need to announce firing of coach on the morning of the championship game. Classless move.
AggieBiker
AG
it's the end of the best season Aggie baseball has ever had. What opportunities does that provide the coach? An increase in salary, more money for assistants, more money for NIL, more money for a new stadium.

What is his biggest leverage in asking for those things? The threat that if he doesn't get them he will go somewhere else because he will be in high demand if he puts his name out there.

Ask him if he is staying and force him to say he is and you take away a substantial part of his leverage to get the things he wants for himself and the program. That's why it is selfish in his eyes.

Coaches always have to be negotiating for more in the competitive world of SEC sports because every other school is also looking to add more. Don't take away his greatest strength just to satisfy us fans who know nothing about how hard it is to compete day after day every day to help his players achieve their best and to give the fans the team they want.

Not only was it bad timing but there has never been a coach in the history of forever that gave a straight answer or an answer of yes I'm leaving tomorrow. You know you want get that answer and that's the only one you are worried about so why make a bad night worse.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
themissinglink said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

They announced it was the last question before Zane asked it, so the getting up to leave wasn't him ending the press conference because of it. He left because the press conference was over.

I get why he would be upset at the question and answer the way he did. Biggest game of you career and reporters are asking if you are leaving. He did leave a small opening that it may be possible, but that's probably because his agent is still negotiating his extension.

I mean "leave to tu".

You can't go off on a reporter and call him selfish and dress him down for having the audacity to ask the question....and then a few days later prove that he the subject matter of the question was 100% dead on accurate.
LB12Diamond
AG
Onionman said:

LB12Diamond said:

The Marksman said:

So are you being obtuse on purpose or are you one of those that try's to justify why you do things you should not?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm curious what Schloss means by leaving his family to come to A&M? Is that a literal thing? Honestly, I don't know much about him other than what he has done with his baseball program.
RED AG 98
AG
It's not fair in this moment. Coach has been doing this for several decades and nearly did what he said a few days ago was the ultimate dream. And he lost a hard fought series 2-1, and change even just a few plays and this thing could have gone the other way.

They've been busting their ass for a very long season trying to win this thing, and just minutes after you think it's ok to ask if he's leaving? Sorry, that's just not right in that moment and in that context while the coaches and players are still raw with emotion.

It could have gone unasked overnight. It should have.

ETA: leaving this up but I was very wrong and have subsequently apologized to Big Shooter
fieldtrailer
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'm curious what Schloss means by leaving his family to come to A&M? Is that a literal thing? Honestly, I don't know much about him other than what he has done with his baseball program.

I think he got divorced. Don't know the rest.
1991sir
Everyone keeps asking what he means about leaving his family. Think he is considering the people of TCU family. He was there what 15+ years. His kids graduated from there. He still loves the place. I also think he is saying in regards to Montgomery, you know the answer to the question you're asking.
Who?mikejones!
I disagree.

The question is instantly the biggest question of the off-season- who is gonna fill the role of the most successful program, one that schloss' name has been associated with before this time.

That's the reality of the situation and what social media has done to our world.
Mister Mystery Guest
You assume the parents of current players were not discussing this topic today?
AgBQ1994
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

He was already going through a divorce while at tcu.

https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3194666
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

Onionman said:

LB12Diamond said:

The Marksman said:

So are you being obtuse on purpose or are you one of those that try's to justify why you do things you should not?
I'm saying tu started all this mess. What they did today was classless.

Is it really that hard to understand what I am saying?

Reporters are there to ask tough questions. Quit acting like the reporter did something terrible.

suburban cowboy
AG
Nothing wrong with the question.

Schloss could have politely stated that he isn't leaving.

Emotional night…
bizag07
Quote:

No one should "leave" his family for a job. I'm not sure what he meant by that statement. But it didn't come across well.
I mean, everyone knows that he left Fort Worth bc he had an incredibly nasty public divorce, his kids were in college so he could, etc.

goofenround
AG
JR Ewingford said:

Silent For Too Long said:

There is zero chance Schloss leaves A&M for Austin.

Any poster who says otherwise is either an under cover sip or was dropped on the head too much as a kid.

And you know this how? Him and that tool Del Conte are good friends. There is smoke to this. Lets hope he stays here

They ARE NOT good friends.
Class '72

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.