SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,905 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
HillCountry15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Serious Lee said:

people get pissed at olin and BZ for lobbing softballs and never asking jimbo,buzz etc. the tough questions. now someone finally has the stones to ask what everyone is wondering and its rude.
The tough questions are "WTF is going on in the QB room?" "Why did you let pitcher x stay in well after he was done?"

Not "Hey coach, you just lost the natty. You taking another job"

You don't ask the "tough question" right after losing a national championship game. Maybe because we've never been in a coach presser after a natty loss, but holy cow, have some situational awareness
gunan01
AG
It's a fair question. The reporter was right to ask it. If no one asked, then ya'all would complain that no one was asking the hard questions.
The Lost

Actual video. No clue how to judge the tone.

Clear as mud other than he was pissed.
valvemonkey91
AG
-25:10 for those that want to watch it
Ag CPA
AG
Answered it using past tense, not a comforting sign.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Mister Mystery Guest said:

Message to Zane: You had every right to ask the question. He then spouted off and stormed off like he didn't have family members of people within his own program worried he'd leave for Texas if we didn't give him a new stadium. What a chicken**** way to walk away from the podium. Congratulations ngrats on a great season. I was enjoying the postgame presser up until he answered Zane in that way. I hope TexAgs has Zane's back on this. There was talk all season regarding the game of chicken being played by Schloss + Texas + facilities upgrades. Don't piss up our leg and tell us it's raining.

He literally was an hour from having lost the biggest game of his professional career that he's poured thousands of hours to get to the top of that mountain…exhausted on the road for several days now…and you are surprised a guy in the situation is not in the greatest of moods and didn't just chuckle off a question like that? And you would have just taken the loss had you been him and been totally over it emotionally within an hour? Come on man.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Ag CPA said:

No he didn't. Zane misquoted him. It's "I've given" and "I've poured"
KellerAg95
AG
Schloss has a standing interview every week on TexAgs and that question should have waited for that time. Asking it tonight 20 minutes after a heart-breaking loss in the national championship is straight BS. I think Schloss handled it very well because I probably would have punched Zane in his little face over that one.

I get the challenge to ask our coaches tough questions vs the typical softball questions but this was too far. Wrong place and time.
The Banned
The Lost said:

Actual video. No clue how to judge the tone.

Clear as mud other than he was pissed.

I agree that is clearly could have been worded better but I'll choose to believe that it was muddled out of anger and not coach speak.
Onionman
Weird timing of the question. Tough after coming off a gut wrenching loss.

But why was the question selfish???

I'm sorry but the way he responded wasn't good, IMO. I'm not saying he is leaving but no need to get that angry about that question.
trouble
AG
Well, that explains why he looked pissed when he came out
dallasiteinsa02
Pumpkinhead said:

He literally was an hour from having lost the biggest game of his professional career that he's poured thousands of hours to get to the top of that mountain…exhausted on the road for several days now…and you are surprised a guy in the situation is not in the greatest of moods and didn't just chuckle off a question like that? And you would have just taken the loss had you been him and been totally over it emotionally within an hour? Come on man.

Then you run to twitter to post the question for your own vanity.
LB12Diamond
AG
fieldtrailer said:

LB12Diamond said:

fieldtrailer said:

LB12Diamond said:

Did he really ask him that

My gosh

Can people not read him and how much he loves this place. That question should have not been asked tonight.

I just saw the tweet below. Yes Schloss. An extremely selfish question by Zane.

You serious? Que the interview after the game at home last year. He's a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to us. He could have easily mentioned it himself during a press conf once the rumors started. Especially if sincere.

This response of yours shows just how immature and lack of character you have to not understand.

Great question. And there was some on purpose drama in his answer. Love it.

Like I said. You have no idea why it was wrong. Maybe respond to other posters as clueless as you. Mix with your own kind.
BudFox7
Non answer, which says a lot.
wangus12
AG
I have a feeling nobody would be mad at Zane if the answer was what people were scared it would be.
MagnumLoad
No. The question was legit. The answer could have been given way before the question and the game. There is no way that Schlossnagle and A&M brass didn't know the rumor was growing all year and peaked today. Put it to rest early so that it is not a potential distraction.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
tbrooksv
AG
so Montgomery is staying too
Muy
AG
Schloss is a Texas Aggie and we ain't letting him leave our family.
Mordred
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Ag CPA said:

No he didn't. Zane misquoted him. It's "I've given" and "I've poured"
Dumb argument, but "given" and "gave" are both the past tense of give.
wangus12
AG
KellerAg95 said:

Schloss has a standing interview every week on TexAgs and that question should have waited for that time. Asking it tonight 20 minutes after a heart-breaking loss in the national championship is straight BS. I think Schloss handled it very well because I probably would have punched Zane in his little face over that one.

I get the challenge to ask our coaches tough questions vs the typical softball questions but this was too far. Wrong place and time.
But if the rumors were to be true, then there wouldn't be an interview with TexAgs because he wouldn't be the coach here
BudFox7
Be like asking Montgomery if he was leaving? Um…..that's not good
HillCountry15
wangus12 said:

I have a feeling nobody would be made at Zane if the answer was what people were scared it would be.
IF he was leaving, we would have just gotten a quick "no. I'm the Texas A&M coach" and on to the next question. Schloss got emotional about that. Clearly thought that was almost an attack on his commitment to this team and this University. And he seemed caught off guard by the question.
Big_Russ
AG
Why the trepidation?

The man is staying. He'll build us and bring us to a championship. He believes it. I do, too.

In respect to the curse filter, that is all.
HillCountry15
trouble said:

Well, that explains why he looked pissed when he came out
Were you able to give any of those guys a hug or a high five from all of us? So bummed for them
Mordred
AG
MagnumLoad said:

No. The question was legit. The answer could have been given way before the question and the game. There is no way that Schlossnagle and A&M brass didn't know the rumor was growing all year and peaked today. Put it to rest early so that it is not a potential distraction.
I mean if you can get a raise out of it, it's not the worst move to be a little coy when asked questions.
coupland boy
AG
I didn't even know the A-holes fired their coach
WaldoWings
I find it interesting how people can interpret an answer so differently. I took his answer to be an unequivocal, "of course I am staying". But alot of you didn't. I guess we'll see.
Silent For Too Long
There is zero chance Schloss leaves A&M for Austin.

Any poster who says otherwise is either an under cover sip or was dropped on the head too much as a kid.
Who?mikejones!
Sounds like he staying to me.

I understand his frustration but Zane had to ask.
Eliminatus
AG
coupland boy said:

I didn't even know the A-holes fired their coach
Sips doings sips thing and dropping the news this morning on the eve of the biggest game of the year. 10000% calculated and damn me if it didn't work, to at least some extent. It got the news buzzing and got us this thread. Disgusting tactic but here we are, talking about them. Oof
trouble
AG
I would have definitely thrown something at his head
The Marksman
AG
Embarrassing and disgraceful to ask that question tonight. The focus should be on the season we had and the players.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Zane padding the resume perhaps. He will learn from it.

One thing for certain. Jim is highly motivated, extremely happy to be here and is as pissed as Shott is. And that is damn good thing. Back to work...

edit..

Obviously, I spouted off some verbal diarrhea here last night. I will learn from it. Dane clearly was privy to things most of us were not. I'm very surprised Jim bolted. Something just doesn't smell right.
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA

trouble
AG
Schloss doesn't do coach speak. Hasn't that been clear the last 3 years?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
He can't get that upset at the question and then turn around and leave - it would 100% validate the question in the first place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.