Foreign Substance - Georgia Pitcher's Glove

79,178 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by W
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The hero we deserve???
WT14
AG
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/40058938/georgia-pitcher-suspected-cheating-vs-sec-foe-texas-am

Picking up steam!! Love that they're blasting Georgia for this garbage.
BadMoonRisin
AG
The fact that the SEC / Georgia didn't comment pretty much shows that a.) the coaches know what was going on and b.) that it was wrong.

Shame! I wish we could have swept them.
agmeister
S
I guess you are still in middle school.
WT14
AG
Yeah so true. Like I said in my original comment, I doubt anything happens. But damnit, I feel vindicated lol.

This clown was getting rocked in all of his other appearances and suddenly becomes Mariano Rivera? No shot.
dermdoc
AG
Well what will happen is this guy has basically ruined any chance he had at MLB.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexAg1987
I expect the future opposing fanbases to not let him off the hook next time he comes in to pitch.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I liked your idea where we chart his ERA for the rest of the season.
TexasRebel
AG
Serious Lee said:

its only been like 14 years, but im just glad weve moved on from dave yeast

We can be mad at two things.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
TexAg1987 said:

I expect the future opposing fanbases to not let him off the hook next time he comes in to pitch.
Sounds like 203 needs to plan a road trip.
TyHolden
AG
agmeister said:

I guess you are still in middle school.

sir, this is a Wendy's….
zephyr88
AG
So, do we get the W now?
trouble
AG
Jace brought the BOOMSTICK

Wrong thread but I'm leaving it
StinkyPinky
AG
trouble said:

I did that earlier too on the GOOD tshirt thread while watching the game.
Aggies2009
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I liked your idea where we chart his ERA for the rest of the season.

I'm interested in his spin rates. The data is out there and I might know someone who can get it.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

Is boomSTICK another foreign substance? When will the rampant cheating end????
trouble
AG
It's a rare and precious wood that makes baseballs disappear
RGLAG85
AG
dermdoc said:

Well what will happen is this guy has basically ruined any chance he had at MLB.
He'll get drafted or signed as a free agent. They don't truly care about this.
AgEng06
AG
Jomboy...

Edit: sorry, I must have skipped over the vids previously. My bad.
akm91
AG
RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

I doubt he'll be drafted as he's already a grad student.
TexasRebel
AG
Thesis: The effects of kragle on a baseball and how it relates to spin rate.
ColoradoMooseHerd
RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

Not 100% true. They do care if they don't think you can do it with the substance. If anyone was considering him., they will now watch him much closer to see if he can do it without the illegal substance. MLB is looking for guys with ungodly talent. It guys that can use substances to get the results.
RED AG 98
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

Not 100% true. They do care if they don't think you can do it with the substance. If anyone was considering him., they will now watch him much closer to see if he can do it without the illegal substance. MLB is looking for guys with ungodly talent. It guys that can use substances to get the results.
I would just word it a different way -- this incident isn't going to have much if any impact on his draft-ability. He either will or won't be drafted or be signed as an UFDA, and that will be based on his ability. I don't see this moving the needle in a major way in either direction.
Scooley01
AG
RED AG 98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

I would just word it a different way -- this incident isn't going to have much if any impact on his draft-ability. He either will or won't be drafted or be signed as an UFDA, and that will be based on his ability. I don't see this moving the needle in a major way in either direction.
More than using the substance itself, couldn't the fact that he did this while apparently oblivious to the fact that he was able to be seen indicate poor decision making/situational awareness/professionalism? I'm sure some orgs out there wouldn't mind drafting a cheater, but surely they don't want a dummy who hides it so poorly.
RED AG 98
AG
Scooley01 said:

RED AG 98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

More than using the substance itself, couldn't the fact that he did this while apparently oblivious to the fact that he was able to be seen indicate poor decision making/situational awareness/professionalism? I'm sure some orgs out there wouldn't mind drafting a cheater, but surely they don't want a dummy who hides it so poorly.
Not sure if you follow MLB or not, but do you remember the sticky stuff ordeal in the MLB 2 years ago? It was conservatively estimated over 75% of pro pitchers were doing something prior to the initial crackdown... I guarantee they didn't all just wake up and start using on their own. The issue is systemic down to the lowest levels, given the new-found love for all things spin.
HtownAg92
AG
akm91 said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

40 rounds, 615 picks -- 6'6" guys who can bring mid 90's don't grow on trees. Doesn't take much to take a chance and draft a guy in case he works out. If not, he can wither away and die in low A ball for little investment.
RGLAG85
AG
RED AG 98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

It won't. MLB, or should I be more specific, the organizations, are anything but choir boys. They truly don't discourage this, and pitchers will always search for an edge. All the advantages have been given to the hitters, so pitchers and clubs look for any advantage they can for their pitchers.
RGLAG85
AG
HtownAg92 said:

akm91 said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

40 rounds, 615 picks -- 6'6" guys who can bring mid 90's don't grow on trees. Doesn't take much to take a chance and draft a guy in case he works out. If not, he can wither away and die in low A ball for little investment.
20 rounds now, but still applies.
Aggies2009
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Scooley01 said:

RED AG 98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

Not sure if you follow MLB or not, but do you remember the sticky stuff ordeal in the MLB 2 years ago? It was conservatively estimated over 75% of pro pitchers were doing something prior to the initial crackdown... I guarantee they didn't all just wake up and start using on their own. The issue is systemic down to the lowest levels, given the new-found love for all things spin.
That's probably why we're seeing SO much Tommy John surgery now. Guys liked the spin rates they were getting and are trying to replicate that but without sticky stuff.
RED AG 98
AG
Aggies2009 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Scooley01 said:

RED AG 98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

RGLAG85 said:

dermdoc said:

That's probably why we're seeing SO much Tommy John surgery now. Guys liked the spin rates they were getting and are trying to replicate that but without sticky stuff.
Spin, which leads to more sticky stuff, and the pitch clock. Some combination of those and I have no idea which is the largest component.
histag10
AG
Poor kid (aka full grown man making full grown man decisions) is going completely viral now...
Decay
AG
I mean, they say it's blatant. But without the bullpen video, does this even get noticed?
TexAgs23
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/texas-am-baseball-coach-raises-cheating-allegations-against-georgia-pitcher-certainly-appears-that-way

Made it to Fox too.
TexasRebel
AG
Is that headline accurate?
Decay
AG
TexasRebel said:

Is that headline accurate?

So journalism has come to this. The AP writer texted Schloss, he said "appears that way", and the headline is "A&M coach accuses pitcher" on the AP wire. And now outlets are doing zero research to copy paste the headline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.