*****Aggies vs. Lamar*****

43,978 Views | 711 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgE2theBONE
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Onionman said:

Aggies2009 said:

Well damn.

I AM worried that we're not getting many hits. Feel like if guys quit pressing they'll be fine.
I agree. But everyone else will tell me we stunk last year early and did well so all is good in their view.
We are not sayin all is good. We are all saying it is far to early too worry.
guadalupeag
Onionman said:

Aggies2009 said:

Well damn.

I AM worried that we're not getting many hits. Feel like if guys quit pressing they'll be fine.
I agree. But everyone else will tell me we stunk last year early and did well so all is good in their view.

What's your schedule like on Friday? Can you give the team a pep talk before the weekend series? Maybe if they know how important this is to you they'll play better?
Gap
AG
Can we talk about lineup adjustments? I was concerned about Haas at leadoff given his performance at Arizona St. but that spot is just one possibility for change.

We made a lot of adjustments last year. I think we had Kaler batting leadoff in the early part of last year and he ended up batting 9th.
jkag89
Gap said:

Can we talk about lineup adjustments? I was concerned about Haas at leadoff given his performance at Arizona St. but that spot is just one possibility for change.

We made a lot of adjustments last year. I think we had Kaler batting leadoff in the early part of last year and he ended up batting 9th.
We can talk about it all we want, final decision will be up to Schloss.
Ag 11
AG
Not the end of the world. We'll get it fixed & get after Portland this weekend
Bunk Moreland
Jim Gilligan always fields good teams. Damnit!
PhatMack19
AG
He retired 6 years ago
Bunk Moreland
PhatMack19 said:

He retired 6 years ago

Yes I am joking
Gap
AG
jkag89 said:

Gap said:

If there is nothing to discuss, it is really going to suck for the revenue model of this forum.

Maybe get rid of these forums and reference everyone to the live box score on ESPN and be done with it.
hcag18
holli doesn't control the video board.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Okay, this goes down a little easier after the big win at Reed.

Let's get back to it Friday.

Long season, this year could be great, it could be a struggle.

I suppose we'll know after opening SEC play with three tough opponents.
CapCityAg89
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

PhatMack19 said:

He retired 6 years ago

Yes I am joking

Anyone that knows the name of the Lamar coach knows he retired.
Amarillo Slim
AG
Well that sucked!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Anyone think the Aggie hitters are just taking a little time to adjust to the new time limit rules? My goodness, Aggie hitters had barely stepped into the box before the pitch was on the way in the 9th.
jkag89
Gap said:

jkag89 said:

Gap said:

If there is nothing to discuss, it is really going to suck for the revenue model of this forum.

Maybe get rid of these forums and reference everyone to the live box score on ESPN and be done with it.
My post was in jest. I guess I should have used the wink icon instead of the laughing one.
Gap
AG
jkag89 said:

Gap said:

jkag89 said:

Gap said:

My post was in jest. I guess I should have used the wink icon instead of the laughing one.
Gotcha. My apologies for being a little testy.
jkag89
No worries, I've often been testy after an Aggie baseball L.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Anyone think the Aggie hitters are just taking a little time to adjust to the new time limit rules? My goodness, Aggie hitters had barely stepped into the box before the pitch was on the way in the 9th.

Targac flat out wasn't ready to go his last time up.
GarryowenAg
AG
I may get flamed for this, but I don't think we looked stellar against Seattle last weekend either. We were just more talented and came away with the wins. Our game tonight was on par with how we played last weekend.
Aggie97
AG
I live in the Triangle area. I will be hearing from all of the Pecker Tech fans tomorrow
Wabs
AG
I'd move Thompson to lead off. But I'm not the coach so that really means squat.
Complete Idiot
GarryowenAg said:

I may get flamed for this, but I don't think we looked stellar against Seattle last weekend either. We were just more talented and came away with the wins. Our game tonight was on par with how we played last weekend.

Bingo - need to sharpen up. Crazy talent, great staff, stop pressing or trying to do too much and just play
Onionman
guadalupeag said:

Onionman said:

Aggies2009 said:

Well damn.

What's your schedule like on Friday? Can you give the team a pep talk before the weekend series? Maybe if they know how important this is to you they'll play better?
I've been busy with the A&M basketball team. But don't worry, I will make a visit to the baseball team eventually.
RED AG 98
AG
GarryowenAg said:

We clearly had way more pitching than Seattle and it eventually caught up with them. We've had 1 starter and I think ~3 bulllpen arms that looked really sharp. Been a little disappointed in pitching and a little more disappointed in hitting.

After last year, I can say that I fully trust the staff to get the best out of this incarnation of Aggie Baseball.
cheeky
AG
Team avg .244 through 4 games is definitely a cold start. We have a few weeks to find a lead off hitter, the third outfielder and naming a starting catcher. Disappointed in the spotty pitching thus far.
Scorebook
AG
Lamar's Coach Snedeker is an Aggie. They shouldn't talk too loudly.
phatty26
We didn't put it together until conference last year. We'll get it figured out he needs to see who can give us innings.

How long is minnich out?
Rongagin71
AG
Early word was 6 weeks - broken thumb.
jkag89
Six weeks minimum,
trouble
AG
hcag18 said:

So I'm supposed to believe that she controls all of the extra "GAMEDAY experience" stuff except that?
hcag18
trouble said:

hcag18 said:

So I'm supposed to believe that she controls all of the extra "GAMEDAY experience" stuff except that?

12th man production runs the video board and creates those videos
twk
AG
GarryowenAg said:

This team is not running on all cylinders at the moment. Some teams never do, but we had a lot rougher start last year and pulled it together. No reason why this bunch cannot. My primary concern is that we don't let it get in our heads. With so many returning guys, I bet that, deep down, they were expecting to flip the switch and pick up where they left off. But, baseball doesn't work like that. It will take a lot of work and patience to get things on a roll at the plate.

Pitching wise, things can go south in a hurry when one guy is getting lit up. That's not to say that everyone else was stellar, but if you are scuffling at the plate, one really bad inning on the mound can sink you.
AgBQ-00
AG
Baseball more than any other sport is about making adjustments, getting your mind right and growing and honing your approach. It is a grind and there are going to be days that it just does not happen. Taking a football mindset to watching baseball is exactly the wrong thing to do.
Wabs
AG
Just did a back-of-the-envelope comparison with last year, first 4 games. Similar competition so make of it what you will. As mentioned by many, its a very long season, this team is very talented, and we have a great coach.

Team BA:
2022: 303
2023: 244

Runs Scored:
2022: 32
2023: 32

Hits:
2022: 40
2023: 29

Team ERA:
2022: 2.25
2023: 3.6

Team WHIP:
2022: .89
2023: 1.34

Team BB/IP:
2022: .22
2023: .4

Team K/IP:
2022: .81
2023: 1.14
trouble
AG
Losing Minnich was a huge blow. Not just because of his abilities but also his leadership on the field.

We're going to be okay but we've just got to work out a few things

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.