*****Aggies vs. Lamar*****

43,986 Views | 711 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgE2theBONE
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It can take pitching and hitting a little while to find their grooves. But in the meantime we keep giving up baserunners. Last night had another runner thrown out at third trying to steal with two outs, and then Moss getting lost between first and second after a single. Then Haas trying for a double play when he had no chance and giving Lamar an extra baserunner for their home run. The team doesn't seem mentally sharp. Hope that changes this weekend.
Wabs
AG
McInnis said:

It can take pitching and hitting a little while to find their grooves. But in the meantime we keep giving up baserunners. Last night had another runner thrown out at third trying to steal with two outs, and then Moss getting lost between first and second after a single. Then Haas trying for a double play when he had no chance and giving Lamar an extra baserunner for their home run. The team doesn't seem mentally sharp. Hope that changes this weekend.
All true. We also need to fix the walking the leadoff hitter issue. Yes its early but it seems like almost every inning we're starting with a runner at 1st and no outs.
Stone Cold
AG
Still very early in the season. However, it is a little concerning that we've been outhit in 3 of our first 4 games. I didn't expect that with all of the bats we had returning this year. Our situational hitting and base running has to get better.

Starting pitching has been solid. A few surprises (good-Sdao and bad-Dillard last night) out of the pen. That will all get worked out. Kendall Rogers made a good point with one of his tweets regarding pitchers/catchers returning to work earlier than position players, much like what MLB does. I think it would be very beneficial to allow this in college baseball.

These Tuesday games are nothing to be taken lightly. Teams come into our place amped up and looking for the upset. We have to be ready.
EMY92
AG
We have pitched some good innings, but we are walking way too many. We're playing decent defense, so hopefully the pitching gets better.

On offense, we're not stringing hits together. We'll hit a HR, but not driving in multiple runs with them.

Hopefully things come together quickly.
Ag4eva95
And hopefully Werner produces soon. You can tell he isn't confident at the plate
Wabs
AG
What do y'all think about this lineup?

1. Thompson CF
2. Moss 1B
3. Bost 2B/DH
4. Laviolette LF
5. Targac DH/2B
6. Werner 3B
7. Haas SS
8. Gregorson C
9. Tucker RF
greg.w.h
AG
It's baseball so you will lose games that are wtf losses. But need to not lose Tuesday games to merely decent teams.
96ags
AG
Personally, I'm not worried about the offense. That will come around as the weather warms up.

The pitching is a bit disappointing, but I think it will improve drastically once guys start losing innings because of walks.
Bondag
AG
Too early to look at stats. We walked an obscene amount of times this weekend. Was it miss that saw 8 stratigraphy balls in the same inning?

Hitting needs to see pitching and they will come around.
AgE2theBONE
AG
There are some really young guys playing college baseball for the first time on this squad. And there are some veteran guys who didn't start off so hot, either at the plate or on the mound.

It's gonna be a work in progress for quite a while.

I understand fans' desire for us to come home from Omaha and pick up right where we left off, and I want the same thing, but it's not remotely realistic.

I hate losing more than I love winning but I also hate overreacting, whether it's going overboard when we lose or letting expectations get exaggerated when things go well. Patience is not a commodity fans have much of, I get it.

Let's just be grateful the season's here, and there's some real positives to be excited about, and some areas clearly in need of improvement. It'll be a fun ride for a long time with Schloss here.
PhatMack19
AG
Lamar beat K-State tonight 4-3 to stay unbeaten
AgE2theBONE
AG
If I were looking for things to be concerned about, I'd be focusing more on some things from the sweep of Seattle than the loss in the first Tues night game of the year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.