2022 SEC Baseball Tournament:

129,682 Views | 1532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LOYAL AG
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GigEmAgsCaleb said:

Has anyone ever tried to confront or successfully identified the whistler?

Oh everyone knows who he is. Or they. I thought there was 2 of them.

But no one will do anything about them
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
So….if Hoover only gets 2 games in tomorrow and we get pushed to Thursday morning…and the weather clears for a full day of Thursday baseball….the losers from that A&M/fla game would have to come back to play the nightcap. That would be a long rough day…
annie88
AG
dabo man said:

One last thought before sleep. Can you imagine being a Vandy season ticket holder and that guy sitting in your section?

I would go to the ticket office and say "Either you're going to move me, or I'm going to get 50% off of my bill. I'm having to wear earplugs to these GD games, so I should get half off for no sound."

What do you want to bet that the people who have to sit around that a**hole beg to move every off-season?

What's really sick is when he does the three whistle thing and they clap along with him. They have literally allowed this for years. It's just awful.

This isn't just whistling it is ear piercing whistling that would literally hurt your eardrums.

I truly can't believe this man has not had his ass totally kicked.

it's not funny. It's not cute. And it's wrong..
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
dixichkn said:

GigEmAgsCaleb said:

Has anyone ever tried to confront or successfully identified the whistler?

Oh everyone knows who he is. Or they. I thought there was 2 of them.

But no one will do anything about them

There was an article about them a few years ago. I think it used to be two of them but it's one that does most of the whistling. I've even seen a picture of the guy. They almost made him like a celebrity. Again Vanderbilt could've stopped this years ago they choose not to.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/who-is-the-vandy-whistler-5-things-to-know-about-loved-hated-vanderbilt-baseball-fan/ar-AAKlfaq

Some Vanderbilt fans don't like the whistling and often complain about it. Others like it because it irritates opposing fans.

Coach Tim Corbin has said numerous times that he supports the whistlers because they are loyal and engaged. Past and current players have echoed their coach. They're not bothered by the whistling, and some like that opposing fans and players hate it so much.

"Anyone who has the passion and energy to sustain that type of noise throughout a game, more power to them," Corbin said.

Read the article, it's very irritating and there are photos of them.
annie88
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

So….if Hoover only gets 2 games in tomorrow and we get pushed to Thursday morning…and the weather clears for a full day of Thursday baseball….the losers from that A&M/fla game would have to come back to play the nightcap. That would be a long rough day…

Good question. There is more rain expected over the next few days, too. I think the rest of the days are all going to be long.
Aggie09Derek
AG
TempleAg97
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I wish someone different would go do this to the whistler each inning all year to annoy him as much as he annoys everyone else. Just one guy every once in a while is probably amusing and promotes his celebrity status.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Looking at the radar I think that they will be lucky to play 2 today.
Ag for Life
AG
Vandy wins 3-1 and gets the Vols next.
Decay
AG
Vandy
Texker
AG
TempleAg97 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

I wish someone different would go do this to the whistler each inning all year to annoy him as much as he annoys everyone else. Just one guy every once in a while is probably amusing and promotes his celebrity status.

It's annoying AF. I watched the game on mute.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Decay said:

Vandy
Well, look at it this way--Gaddis remains unavailable for the first game in whatever regional Ole Miss is sent to. Gotta find the silver linings wherever you can.
jkag89
Sea Pony 07 said:

Looking at radar now, I don't expect them getting started on time today.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I was looking at Louisiana when I posted that. (Looking at the weather upcoming)
MSFC Aggie
AG
jkag89 said:

Sea Pony 07 said:

Looking at radar now, I don't expect them getting started on time today.

We may be lucky to get ANY baseball today
ensign_beedrill
AG
dabo man said:

And The Vandy Whistler is at the game.
My plan was to put the game on and fall asleep. It was pretty hard with that dang Whistler there. I think I managed it though, as the last I remember it was in the sixth inning and when I looked again, it was softball replays.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I think they will get the first game in in that gap between systems. The others are a crap shoot.
WestTxWood88
A-A Ron
All this means is the likelyhood of 4 games being scheduled for friday and sat as things continue to get pushed back. Which will be a disadvantage for a team going through the losers bracket to the semifinal as they may play an elimination game sat morning and have to play the semi sat evening while the winner has had time to rest and rest pitchers.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

The guy wasn't exactly polite, but he was very upfront and direct, with no cursing.

Their response?

"F you."
"Go home."
"Scoreboard."

What a terrible bunch.
jgriffith73
AG
May get 1 game in today, and maybe 2, possibly 3 tomorrow. Friday thru Sunday look pretty good. Would they move semi finals to Sunday followed by the final?
carl spacklers hat
Aggie09Derek said:

What's the point of confronting him? He isn't going to be removed from the game. He isn't going to stop whistling. Other than a "Yeah, I showed him!" scenario, absolutely nothing positive is going to come from it. Maybe if the Ole Miss fan is butt hurt because they're losing it might take some of the sting off the L but even then its a waste of time.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Decay
AG
Hopefully you get him to fight and everyone gets kicked out
jkag89
PhatMack19
AG
threeanout
AG
With 100% chance of rain in Hoover tomorrow, any chance this becomes a single elimination tourney?
W
AG
the whole tournament may become single elimination.

the teams and coaches -- especially the ones that already know they're going to the postseason -- are not interested in a compressed schedule on Friday & Saturday.

plus the crazier (and out of whack) the tournament schedule becomes...the more likely the committee just ignores the results
dabo man
AG
Move it to the Louisiana Superdome. It's indoors, and the building's primary tenant is off-season. I've got to believe they could come up with a reasonable baseball configuration that would have enough (good) seats to meet demand. It would be an unfair advantage for LSU, but anywhere the tournament goes, that would be true for someone.

The other site that strikes me as reasonable (and I think Luke is the one who originally mentioned this) is Tropicana Field in St. Pete. It's a pretty wretched building, but it is indoors.
aeroag14
AG
Quote:

plus the crazier (and out of whack) the tournament schedule becomes...the more likely the committee just ignores the results

Unless a result helps justify a wild placement or seeding.
aeroag14
AG
dabo man said:

Move it to the Louisiana Superdome. It's indoors, and the building's primary tenant is off-season. I've got to believe they could come up with a reasonable baseball configuration that would have enough (good) seats to meet demand. It would be an unfair advantage for LSU, but anywhere the tournament goes, that would be true for someone.

The other site that strikes me as reasonable (and I think Luke is the one who originally mentioned this) is Tropicana Field in St. Pete. It's a pretty wretched building, but it is indoors
Work with the MLB and have it at the Trop, Minute Maid or Globe Life. No worries about rain.
A-A Ron
aeroag14 said:

dabo man said:

The other site that strikes me as reasonable (and I think Luke is the one who originally mentioned this) is Tropicana Field in St. Pete. It's a pretty wretched building, but it is indoors
Work with the MLB and have it at the Trop, Minute Maid or Globe Life. No worries about rain.
BDF already staked their claim to globe life.
dabo man
AG
No MLB park with natural grass is going to want that many games played on their surface. That leaves Arlington and St. Pete in the SEC footprint.
Aggies2009
AG
How is the SEC tournament going to catch up? It's already so far behind and still delayed.
Sq 17
The SEC should just book the Montgomery Biscuits field For the week and if there is rain they can play games at both locations t get caught up

I am guessing the field at Hoover is the home of the Birmingham Barons
MSFC Aggie
AG
No...the Barons play at Regions Field, which is in downtown Bham.

Radar looks alot better now than it did an hour or 2 ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.