2022 SEC Baseball Tournament:

130,765 Views | 1532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LOYAL AG
AgE2theBONE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Langord just blew it in LF
swimmerbabe11
there is a dating app thread on the general board that I thought this was and I just thought "What app have y'all been using!?"

I choked on my water when I realized wrong thread,
dermdoc
AG
What they ought to do is reward the top 4 teams by letting them skip the tourney completely. They are all in the NCAA anyway.

Let the rest of the league play a single elimination tourney for an NCAA bid which is essentially what the tournament is meant to do anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeangeloVickers
AG
No way UT Lattimer I mean Gilbert passes a drug test
HoustonAg2106
AG
dermdoc said:

What they ought to do is reward the top 4 teams by letting them skip the tourney completely. They are all in the NCAA anyway.

Let the rest of the league play a single elongation tourney for an NCAA bid which is essentially what the tournament is meant to do anyway.
I'm not sure the champion should qualify for an auto bid if the top teams in the conference aren't playing.
Keegan99
AG
Interesting idea. I wonder if the NCAA would allow for awarding the auto bid in that case, since it would be rigged to increase the likelihood of bid thievery.
RED AG 98
AG
dermdoc
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

Let the rest of the league play a single elongation tourney for an NCAA bid which is essentially what the tournament is meant to do anyway.
I'm not sure the champion should qualify for an auto bid if the top teams in the conference aren't playing.

I think the fifth place team in the SEC deserves a bid.

So this year Florida probably would have won the tourney the way I envision it.

What conference, other than the SEC, would Florida not win?

Or for that matter, Auburn, Georgia, or Vandy. The SEC is that good.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I think you mean elimination
LOYAL AG
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

Then why have a tournament? The top teams are going. The tournament let's a Bama or Ole Miss salvage a season.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
W
AG
the SEC tournament is a made-for-TV event.

that's why some of it -- or a lot of it -- doesn't make sense.

it's great for the network to have 6 straight days of live event programming
SchizoAg
AG
Here's the format I'd like in the SEC tournament, to maximize the advantage to the conference on selection day: Everyone plays 4 games

Disadvantage:
  • It requires 2 baseball fields because there are 8 games per day.

Advantages:
  • Everyone is invited. No team will be left out of the NCAAs because of failure to make the conference tournament.
  • Every team plays 4 games. This means an RPI/SoS boost for everyone. Travel plans are firm for everyone. It's over in 4 days, so pitchers don't get off schedule for regionals.
  • Every team plays 1 and only 1 game per day.
  • Only 1 team can go 0-4: the Ultimate Loser! Everyone else gets at least one quality win.
  • Single elimination from the championship bracket. Anyone can get hot for 4 games and win it. Increases the likelihood that the conference will "steal" a bid.
  • Games each day can be played in any order. The most compelling matchups can be played in prime time.
  • The games can be staggered so there is always at least one game being played.
HoustonAg2106
AG
LOYAL AG said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

Then why have a tournament? The top teams are going. The tournament let's a Bama or Ole Miss salvage a season.
But why would the committee give an auto bid to a conference tourney champion if the winner didn't have to face the best teams in the conference?
dermdoc
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

LOYAL AG said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

But why would the committee give an auto bid to a conference tourney champion if the winner didn't have to face the best teams in the conference?

Screw the committee.
And they already have played their best teams in the best conference.
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

I think you mean elimination

Oops
W
AG
Vols taking control in the 6th.

up 7-0
R-Dog
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

If I am not mistaken, the conference gets to decide who gets their auto bid...not the NCAA.

Like in basketball...conferences like the Ivy League choose to not even have a conference tournament and award their auto bid to the regular season champion.

I think the conference can do whatever it wants to decide who gets their autobid.
dermdoc
AG
W said:

Vols taking control in the 6th.

up 7-0

I still think it is amazing that Florida hung until their left fielder had a brain fart after playing through the single elimination round.
They have a ton of pitching.
W
AG
assuming the Vols hang on...

will be interesting if Florida gets a regional.

will end up going 4-2 in Hoover
DeangeloVickers
AG
Goodness 102-103
DeangeloVickers
AG
dermdoc
AG
W said:

assuming the Vols hang on...

will be interesting if Florida gets a regional.

will end up going 4-2 in Hoover

Florida already has a regional imho
DeangeloVickers
AG
Tying run on deck.

Go Gatahs
aginlakeway
AG

10Aggie10
AG
Most Recent SEC Tourney Title:

2022 - Tennessee
2021 - Arkansas
2019 - Vanderbilt
2018 - Ole Miss
2017 - LSU
2016 - Texas A&M
2015 - Florida

I'm impressed that seven different teams have won a title in 7 consecutive* seasons. Tenn and Ark won their first ever tourney titles in the last two years

2012 - Mississippi State
2004 - South Carolina
2003 - Alabama
1998 - Auburn
1954 - Georgia
10Aggie10
AG
Louisiana Tech wins CUSA title in walk-off fashion over UTSA
Agthatbuilds
DeangeloVickers said:

Goodness 102-103

I've faced 101-102. It's an interesting experience especially if the pitcher is a little wild and has a 93-94 slider he starts at the right handed batters shoulder.
LOYAL AG
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

LOYAL AG said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

Actually I THINK each conference decides who gets the conferences autobid. I may be wrong about that but I don't think tournaments are required just that the league have a method for accepting the autobid. That aside in a tournament format someone beat the regular season champ. In your scenario had Kentucky eliminated Tennessee yesterday then Florida beaten Kentucky nobody would get the SEC autobid. Is that your position? If nothing else that's unpredictable particularly for the one bid leagues. At that point the tournament is irrelevant and the autobid should be given to the regular season champ.

Am I missing something?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.