The Omaha Scoreboard

97,090 Views | 976 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dixichkn
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That zoom in on the Dude sleeping had me cracking up
PhatMack19
AG
I don't see how you can call that ball fair. It hit 3 feet foul. Total guess on his part.

Game tied at 3 B3
PhatMack19
AG
Again, the replay rules for the postseason are stupid
PhatMack19
AG
Heimlich with his 2 worst starts of the year in Omaha. He didn't get through 3 in either start
96ags
AG
I think NC had a tell on Heimlich. His stuff wasn't bad, but they were hitting him pretty hard.
Warsteiner
Meh
Karma for giving a child molester a scholarship and letting him pitch 2 games in the CWS.
I hope OSU gets screwed on every call
Bunk Moreland
Warsteiner said:

Meh
Karma for giving a child molester a scholarship and letting him pitch 2 games in the CWS.

Woah. Didn't realize you were related to him. Speaking with such confidence it sounds like you know exactly what happened.
ORAggieFan
Warsteiner said:

Meh

Spoken like someone who obviously doesn't know the full story. I suggest you do some research.
PhatMack19
AG
You said that last time like you know what happened. I've read everything and I still don't know what happened just like everyone else.

What I do know is that there are 30 MLB teams that spend millions on player evaluations each year and every single one of those teams has passed on drafting him 2 years in a row. That leads me to believe that at least some of it was true.
Warsteiner
I know he plead guilty.
And yeah, I've read the stories. He was given the advice to plead guilty to avoid jail time. I don't buy that whatsoever.
Something happened with him and that little girl.
You're obviously an OSU fan......
Bunk Moreland
PhatMack19 said:

You said that last time like you know what happened. I've read everything and I still don't know what happened just like everyone else.

What I do know is that there are 30 MLB teams that spend millions on player evaluations each year and every single one of those teams has passed on drafting him 2 years in a row. That leads me to believe that at least some of it was true.

College baseball and mlb draft exist somewhat in the national sports register for about 4 weeks max. No team will invite that social media firestorm when they don't have to.

Later in the summer or right when football gets going and nobody is paying attention, don't be surprised to see him have multiple offers. Then the team can say they didn't draft him but believe in 2nd chances.
ORAggieFan
I am a Beaver fan and grad and I was sickened last year when the news came out. But, I've known Pat Casey for 20+ years and attended church with him when I lived in Corvallis. My dad is heavily involved with OSU baseball. Pat and my dad are two men I trust when it comes to character.

Combine that with the events, the polygraph, then whacked out mom that's abandoned her kid.....

I'm not 100% sure nothing happened. I'd say I'm about 90%. I'm over 99% nothing will ever happen again.
Warsteiner
Maybe so
Doesn't change the fact that he plead guilty to felony child molestation and OSU gave him a scholarship.

Warsteiner
You seriously think nothing happened at all but he plead guilty to felony child molestation????
Dude, that makes no sense. And all because your dad and pat go to church together?
ORAggieFan
A 15 year old with no witnesses. If a six year old is molested, do you not think they are scarred for life? Why does she now have no recollection of it happening? Why did her mom leave the family, including her daughter? Why did he pass a polygraph?

Could it have been a BSC sister in law?
TyHolden
AG
ORAggieFan said:

I am a Beaver fan
duh - who isn't?
ORAggieFan
Also, OSU was unaware of the plea and if it wasn't for poor government processing, we'd all be in the dark.
Belton Ag
AG
ORAggieFan said:

A 15 year old with no witnesses. If a six year old is molested, do you not think they are scarred for life? Why does she now have no recollection of it happening? Why did her mom leave the family, including her daughter? Why did he pass a polygraph?

I thought the brother was the one that turned him in?
ORAggieFan
Belton Ag said:

ORAggieFan said:

I thought the brother was the one that turned him in?

He was doing what the crazy wife asked. Why do you think he went to watch him pitch at UW this year? He knows his BSC ex was wrong.
PhatMack19
AG
He watched him pitch once and didn't speak to him. Doesn't seem like the brother is over it.

This makes me want to throw up

"reads court documents in which the victim said Heimlich "pulled down her underwear and with his hand he touched her private part. She said that she told him to stop, but he wouldn't." "Uncle Luke," she said, "touched her on both the inside and outside of the spot she uses to go to the bathroom. She said that it hurt her. She said that the first time the respondent touched her she was 4 years old and that she was 6 years old the last time he did this.""
ORAggieFan
It is sick. My daughter is 7. As one with kids, I just don't see that happening and then at 11 having no recollection of it.
Warsteiner
Again, you don't plead guilty to this horrible crime if nothing happened.
Something happened
And I've read all the information on this story.
PhatMack19
AG
2 run bomb for North Carolina. A little Carlton Fisk to keep it fair.

6-3 UNC B6
ORAggieFan
Warsteiner said:

Something happened

When the punishment is counseling and no record vs jail, you may.
Bunk Moreland
Warsteiner said:

Something happened

Again, you fail to understand the reality of ****ty situations and the injustice of our justice system from time to time. It is far from perfect.

You say you read everything. I don't believe it. But even so, it's like hearing and listening. If you truly have read everything about it, your own stubbornness didn't allow yourself to even consider that he isn't guilty of exactly what the charges were because you didn't want to accept any other scenario.

Im happily willing to admit I don't know what happened. He may very well be a creep. But he has as much for his defense as he has against it imo so I'm not going to judge with a hammer.
Warsteiner
No way
I couldn't do and there's no way I could advise my son to.
Its molesting a child. It's not like pleading to felony theft. Hell murderers are viewed in a better light than child molesters
Bunk Moreland
Warsteiner said:

No way
I couldn't do and there's no way I could advise my son to.
Its molesting a child. It's not like pleading to felony theft. Hell murderers are viewed in a better light than child molesters

What are you even arguing? When you're charged with murder you aren't given an option to plead and have it (supposedly) never be made public assuming you follow orders of the plea agreement.

And we all agree they received bad legal advice and made a poor decision. But you don't know the situation they were in and we don't either.
Warsteiner
I'm arguing that there's no way I plead guilty to that crime if I'm innocent

You can believe what you want. My opinion is something happened.
Bunk Moreland
Warsteiner said:

I'm arguing that there's no way I plead guilty to that crime if I'm innocent

You can believe what you want. My opinion is something happened.

Ahh. Yeah. Easy for you or me to project yourself as a 13 or 15 year old boy with a family that's ****ed up making decisions for you...

We're all internet badasses when things don't happen to us or we can project our life experiences back towards childhood days. Everything is easier to see.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Can we drop this and focus on the games?
Bunk Moreland
Mostly Cloudy Judgement said:

Can we drop this and focus on the games?

You know what mother ****er?!

Yeah sure. I'm done talking about it.

6-3 unc.

SEC looking locked and loaded. I think arky wins it all.
Warsteiner
Yup
I hope it's another all sec final
PhatMack19
AG
Oregon St threatening in the top of 8.

Bases loaded no outs

6-3 UNC
PhatMack19
AG
3 run double! We have a new game

6-6 Top 8
Goose
AG
Did the runner from first touch home plate when scoring? I never saw the home plate ump signal safe and he seemed to be watching for the catcher to attempt a tag after the play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.